A little disappointed at ADVK

Coach Rick

DIS Veteran
Just returned from an 8 day stay in a 2 br lockout at Kidani Village, Savanna View, and while it was awesome as it was the first visit with grandchildren! I was a bit disappointed by housekeeping. First, there was no pack and play for my 8 month old granddaughter, no biggie, they brought one right up. Next, there was no blanket for the pull out couch, again, no biggie, BUT then my daughter found some little boys undies in the bathroom, yep, not ours.. The, there was trash in the lockout unit, and not just a little, a full bag! Later we found a diabetic test kit. Yes, all a bunch of small things, but they added up to something less than expected at Disney!

Of course we did not allow that to ruin our vacation, which was my best ever thanks to 2 little girls that just made every day one worth living! :)

I will also cut some slack seeing the week before must have been hell with the hurricane ...

Yeah, they're still trying to catch up from everything with the hurricane. We usually have very thoroughly cleaned rooms at kidani.

I'm sorry that happened to you but glad to hear you and your grandkids had fun!

We didn't have a pack & play at Kidani last fall and they told us that they weren't putting them in all the rooms, but that they'd be available if requested.

Sadly we have experienced housekeeping miss steps at most of the DVC resorts. IMO better supervision would help and hiring more housekeepers could allow them more time to do a better job. Over the years, twice we returned to our room to find the housekeeper sitting on the couch watching TV. Once she was with a maintenance man. :worried:

:earsboy: Bill

Sadly we have experienced housekeeping miss steps at most of the DVC resorts. IMO better supervision would help and hiring more housekeepers could allow them more time to do a better job. Over the years, twice we returned to our room to find the housekeeper sitting on the couch watching TV. Once she was with a maintenance man. :worried:

we have had a number of maintenance issues the past few trips most recent was this past trip on 9/13-9/16/2017. We checked into a 1 bedroom at SSR late on 9/13 and found the couch in much need of a replacement as it was sagging in the middle. It looked like they had made a repair to the mattress portion as 2 of the panels were a different material and color then the others. The fridge was missing shelving and had mismatched draws in the bottom. We plan on completing the survey and let them know about these issues as they didn't need immediate addressing by maintenance. Items that did require attention were. Master bathroom floor has a sticky substance all over it, clothes dryer would not dry our load of laundry even after running it for 3 cycles of 90 min and the hair dryer was completely detached from the wall. All of these issues where called in and taken care of with in an hour of the call. I agree that the housekeepers seem to be stretched very thin with many of them still cleaning rooms well into the evening.

Kidani was the worst housekeeping experience we have had at Disney.
The worst were the mouse droppings found in our towels. Management couldn't believe it so we took them down to the front desk for proof.

... Over the years, twice we returned to our room to find the housekeeper sitting on the couch watching TV. Once she was with a maintenance man. :worried:

Re: the maintenance man and the maid - at least they were just watching TV, it could have been..., just sayin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter