A little disappointed in Universal/IOA this time...

Partridge4ever

DIS Veteran
We spent last Sunday at Universal and IOA. Thanks to everyone who answered my pre-trip questions! Anyway, last year we had a wonderful time. My 13 month old was happy watching everything. This year my "baby" is 2 years old. It's not so much fun when you're too small to ride and old enough to know it. DH and I took turns sitting with her while our 5 year old had the time of her life. Amanda did enjoy the carousel, Fieval, the ball area in Curious George, and Barney. She didn't like Storm Force, One Fish, Cat in the Hat, or ET. She tolerated Hanna Barbera and the Nick Studios show. At 35 3/4 inches, she was too small for everything else. I think we may skip next year and return when she's 4.

I'm sorry you didn't feel the "magic" this time. I know, a 13 month old is WAY different from a two year old! No one calls it the "terrible ONES" .... :p

I'm glad the older one enjoyed themselves, though. Give the "baby" a hug for me.

BTW, my son spent a year and a half waiting to be the very important 54" so he could ride the "big" rides. Like I told him, there are LOTS of things in life he's going to have to wait till he's older to enjoy. This is the easiest one!

I notice that a lot of toddlers do not enjoy the parks so much. You have no idea about how scary some characters and attractions are, until a toddler screams it out!

I missed so many neat rides when I went with my little one! But, now he's 9 and we have a blast!@ It will pass...

As a rule, Universal's parks don't target that young of an age group. Typically it's around 7 and up. I'm curious as to what at Universal left you dissapointed though, if it was something other than the age issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter