A little less magical this time - May 18-24 2017 trip

sperk99

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am an AP and DVC member. I have taken my kids (2 boys) to WDW many time. This time, my oldest was in a band that played at Disney Springs which was great and that experience is not why I wrote but it is why we all went down this time. We usually have gone in Jan/Feb so mid-May was new to us. It was HOT but we expected that. What we didn't expect was that the cast members, dining, and ride breakages would be so frequent.

I don't ever remember rides breaking down as much I saw this past week. Frozen, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Pirates, etc.. were down and sometimes more than once.

The food was also sub par. I don't remember some of the quick service places having such poor quality. At one meal at Columbia Harbor house, the kids tuna sandwich was SO full of salt that we gave it back. The salad it replaced had brown lettuce! We splurged and went to Coral Reef...we waited OVER AN HOUR for our food to arrive after ordering which sunk our FP time for Frozen and the manager did give us a FP voucher for guess what? Anything but Frozen. :-(

Lastly, the cast members just didn't seem into it. Not all of them but enough for us to notice. Some were annoyed or just rude and I don't ever remember them being that way.

We did have a good trip all in all. The crowds were pretty bad on some of the days but we tried to avoid them the best we could. I will definitely be back but this time was just not as good as other times!

Last edited:
I am sorry about your trip. That sinks about Frozen - if it were their fault why couldn't they give you a Frozen FP?

We go so often and definitely have trips that are less magical than others. We have are favorite ADRs and try to stick to them as much as we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts