A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

I'm so excited to see your Remy brunch review! I will always have a special place for that restaurant since I got engaged there, but it's really expensive. The brunch seems amazing! I'm trying to think if I should add it to my upcoming cruise or not. It's only offered on sea days like Palo?

z18FC0827SD214.jpg
Love love love mushroom risotto. I make it all the time at home.

This sounds delicious!

z18FC0827SD239.jpg

This was somewhat of a mistake this time as our server had taken these aside from the appetizer serving period and just put a warming lid on the plate. As a result the sauce was sort of dry and not as creamy. I did eat all but one of them, though.
These are my favorite meal on the ship from the ADR. That's a shame they just let it sit out like that. you should have requested a fresh plate.

This is your foodie daughter?

Correct.. She is especially fond of rack of lamb...good taste she has already.

I stopped by the Cove Cafe for my second coffee of the cruise, and then went by the buffet to get some little snacks to tide us over until noon when we had Remy Brunch.

z18FC0827SD203.jpg

Yum- I'm a fan of all of those, bacon looks nice and crispy too.

All those glasses are quite heavenly looking, added to the view- spot on.

I love the little sauce pitchers.

Yum- I quite like sea bass so may try this one.

Elephant I'd say this one is.

[QUOTE="franandaj, [/QUOTE]

Tasty little things they are.
[/QUOTE]

So I know I have one or two more of your TRs to catch up on, but when you find the time to update (ie. Fran is still asleep), I have to take it!

:laughing: Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

She gave us some tinctures, and did some magic spells that actually started showing slight improvement immediately.

Any human sacrifices this time?

So I won't advertise anything, but for those of you who have been reading for a long time, just know that we finally did it!

Yay!

Instead I got out my little Mahjong game and played it for about an hour while listening to all the tributes to John McCain on MSNBC, he had gone off his meds they day we boarded the cruise, and I was surprised at how quickly he passed.

:sad1:

And then today I finally finished Cars 3 before we went up to Remy for Brunch.

Good for you! Now do you remember any of it? :rotfl2:

Then we were served a pork belly with pea puree, you can't go wrong with Pork Belly.

You can, however, go very wrong with peas.

They served us these Cannelles, which I am always too full to eat.

At first I read that as "candles" and was really questioning why anyone would want to eat them.

We made quite a few tries before I gave up and went to the 2:15 demo of "Anyone can cook". It was supposed to be Sea Bass, but all in all the chef spent most of the time demonstrating the risotto.

I saw fava beans in the menu and immediately started thinking of The Silence of the Lambs. Hope it wasn't that kind of cooking demonstration.

But I would leave out the peas in the risotto.

Good call.

Kind of like a rubber band with indigestion, so I wanted to be safe with my dinner choices.

Now there's a description. I was trying to figure out what that would actually be like.

There’s no way you could have missed her this time!

Is that what you see when you look for your reflection?

Fun update!

Brunch at Remy looks incredible. That view too. Everything sounds wonderful.

Brunch at Remy is totally incredible.

Couple's Spa package, you little cuties!

Hey, we both wanted the whole hot tub, massage, balcony deal, and on the larger ships, they only offer it for two. On the Wonder and Magic, they offer it for solo travelers. We figured "why not?"

The chocolate face on the Mickey Bar makes it look sort of possessed. LOL!

It does doesn't it! :laughing:

DeSoto looks awesome! Hope it gets rented out this weekend.

Well that didn't happen. :sad2:

Thank you for posting the Navigators. They are always fun to look at.

I'm glad you like them, they help me out with the timeline sometimes too!

Ugh!! Oh no!

Yeah, I rarely get sick, but when I do, I'm an awful patient.

YAY!!! It's on the market!

Now we just need someone to come view it! :headache:

And....??

Well, we got nothing done on it over the weekend, but in the past two days, on each one we took an Expedition load out of the garages each day. Problem is that they mostly came to our house, cluttering it up even more. She has been diligently listing things on eBay, but they're not moving fast enough!

Score! So glad you get to go to FL again. And not one, but two F&Ws! Woot!

::yes::

This sounds so totally relaxing and restorative. I can see myself spending oodles of time in there.

It's not cheap, but I totally think it was worth it. I might pre-purchase one less day when we go back on the Fantasy.

I'm a sucker (as you know) for a fancy or unique light fixture, and those are gorgeous!!

They did a stellar job in that restaurant.

Soooooo decadent. LOVE this! I think if I ever do a cruise, I'm totally getting a spa treatment.

I usually do get one, my favorite is on the Wonder and called "Alone time". It's the same thing that Jill and I did, but just for one. They only offer it for two on the Dream and Fantasy, and Jill and I are OK with each other so we went for it (the spa treatment, not cheating on Fran :laughing:)

Your Remy meal looks amazing! I love how wonderful they do the meals there.

I know! It's such a lovely place to have a meal!

Too bad about the missteps at Animators! They always seem to be a bit off in comparison to the other two.

Yeah, not sure why, it's the same waitstaff.

My evil plan is working!

er… I mean... of course I don't.

:rolleyes1

You can't even compare to the buffoon to which we are referring.

Every day the media is reporting about the amazing stupidty and lies of this individual.

Awww... sorry to hear that.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been sick, sick. I was down for the count in February with my tooth, but I'm not sure the last time I had an actual cold.

So glad you're both feeling better! :)

Me too! I'm feeling more better than she is, but at least she is not as bad as she was.

Nice! I've never done F&G. Perhaps some day. I'd like to compare it to F&W. :)

In a way I enjoy it a bit more. There are not quite as many booths, so there isn't quite as much pressure to "try them all" as at F&W. The topiaries are really cool too.

The former is like you, the latter less so.

Well if I had a balcony and didn't have to put clothes on to go see the sunrise. :rolleyes1:

Oh, I didn't know that. I knew he passed of course, I meant I didn't know about the meds and it being that quick.

We always watch the news in the morning, not sure why, but I've been doing it since before I met Fran. In fact we both watched the same news program in the morning when we met! :laiughing: While I know most people like to unplug when on vacation, I feel lost if I don't know what's going in the world, especially with the situation that we are currently in. I want to know about all the stupidity that has transpired while I was sleeping.

That was one of the major stories on the news as we were packing up to meet our driver that morning. We always liked him, we were OK with war heroes who had been captured, and were brave.

ahhhhh…. :cloud9: That sounds.... decadent.

That's only the beginning.

Thanks for the info! I just emailed that info off to a bunch of people!

This statement made me wonder if you were coordinating a family cruise on the Fantasy or Dream.....

I just emailed a bunch of people and...

And then I got it.

He looks pretty darned confident, doesn't he? :)

Yes, he does. I'll give you some of his resume in a future update. But a funny thing I don't think I've put in the TR, our server at Palo said that all the waiters at Palo call him "Gusteau" after the Chef in Ratatouille. I don't think he liked that much.

ummm…. Lard... with peas?

That doesn't sound good at all.

You never know, though. I've been surprised before.

I don't know why the menu said "Lard", but "Lardons" would not have been correct either. But as you must have seen it was a nice big chunk of pork belly. I have a bunch of that in my freezer and I need to make us some. I need a good recipe.

Wow! Those are pretty!

"supposed".... did it last through the first course?

When I have to, I'm very good about rationing my wine so it makes it the whole way through. I think by the end of the meal Fran and Jill were giving me their wines, or maybe I'm thinking of a different meal.

Huh! Looks nice, too.

mmmm!!! Love mushroom risotto. Was actually going to make it last night, but... when I got home with the groceries, no one was eating!

What's with that? Why was no one eating?

Nor do I. Must have been amazing.

It really was. The three times I have had brunch there, they have served chicken for the main and it's always been insanely good.

As you know, not a rum fan so may have done the exact same.

I would think you might not have eaten the brioche at all, the rum was very prominent.

I first read that and...

"Wait... she can't get the computer to work so she's going to a cooking class to fix it??? o_O"

:laughing: Silly! I'm glad you figured it out!

Of course. Stuff takes forever. Still.... betting you didn't need a course on that!

That was something I learned in my first Napa Rose Cooking School, but I always like to hear variations on how they do it. This was a very light version of Risotto, I'm thinking (without looking back) that he used vegetable broth instead of chicken. The only problem is that Seabass is like $20Per pound here and we don't buy things that cost that much. Dinner should be less than $10 per night.

:( That's unfortunate.

Well it's good that lots of people were there showing that culinary demos are still something people like on cruises.

Sounds sooo relaxing.

It totally was!

Wow. Just... living the life, Alison!

Wish I was doing that now.....

Had a feeling that would happen. Too bad they couldn't lend (or even sell) you a little flash drive or something.

We probably had a flash drive, Fran has always got them with her computer, but I doubt they would have done that with viruses and all. Who knows we could be out to infect the ship.

huh. Ever figure out what was going on?

Eventually, you'll have to wait for that....

:) Dumbo, I presume.

I guess so, that was probably the most identifyable creature he made.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it passed quickly.

After I slept and drank lots of water, it worked itself out.

Not a lettuce or bean fan?

I think she just wanted the beets and goat cheese, and nothing else. Then again, I know she doesn't like refried beans, so maybe not a fan of beans.

:laughing: I like how you guys order these.

Sometimes it's the best option on the dessert menu.

I did! I forgot to look for her. Found the fairest one of all on the second look, though.

:thumbsup2

You can't even compare to the buffoon to which we are referring.

Hey! Gimme a chance!
I coulda been a contender.

upload_2018-11-22_14-19-36.jpeg

Every day the media is reporting about the amazing stupidty and lies of this individual.

Ah. That one. Okay. I can’t compete with that.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been sick, sick. I was down for the count in February with my tooth, but I'm not sure the last
time I had an actual cold.

Well glad you’re feeling better now.

Me too! I'm feeling more better than she is, but at least she is not as bad as she was.

Still under the weather? Can you tell her I’m thinking of her and hope she feels better soon.

In a way I enjoy it a bit more. There are not quite as many booths, so there isn't quite as much pressure to "try them all" as at F&W. The topiaries are really cool too.

Interesting. Didn’t know that.

Well if I had a balcony and didn't have to put clothes on to go see the sunrise. :rolleyes1:

Just go out without clothes. No one will mind. Honest.

We always watch the news in the morning, not sure why, but I've been doing it since before I met Fran. In fact we both watched the same news program in the morning when we met! :laiughing: While I know most people like to unplug when on vacation, I feel lost if I don't know what's going in the world, especially with the situation that we are currently in. I want to know about all the stupidity that has transpired while I was sleeping.

I’m the opposite. But more from being busy than wanting to be unplugged. When I get back to “normal life”, I’m always surprised at what’s transpired in my absence.

we were OK with war heroes who had been captured, and were brave.

Well of course. Who wouldn’t be??????

This statement made me wonder if you were coordinating a family cruise on the Fantasy or Dream.....

I wish. Heck, a solo cruise would be great!

Yes, he does. I'll give you some of his resume in a future update. But a funny thing I don't think I've put in the TR, our server at Palo said that all the waiters at Palo call him "Gusteau" after the Chef in Ratatouille. I don't think he liked that much.

:laughing:

When I have to, I'm very good about rationing my wine so it makes it the whole way through. I think by the end of the meal Fran and Jill were giving me their wines, or maybe I'm thinking of a different meal.

People were giving you their drinks??? Who does that??

What's with that? Why was no one eating?

Ruby and Elle had just had a late lunch and Kay was at the mall with friends.

I would think you might not have eaten the brioche at all, the rum was very prominent.

Ah. Possibly not.

That was something I learned in my first Napa Rose Cooking School, but I always like to hear variations on how they do it. This was a very light version of Risotto, I'm thinking (without looking back) that he used vegetable broth instead of chicken. The only problem is that Seabass is like $20Per pound here and we don't buy things that cost that much. Dinner should be less than $10 per night.

Hmmm. I’m finding that dinner is around $30-$40. But that’s for 4. Still higher than you. But food costs more here too.

Well it's good that lots of people were there showing that culinary demos are still something people like on cruises.

Hadn’t thought of that. Good point.

Wish I was doing that now.....

I bet!

We probably had a flash drive, Fran has always got them with her computer, but I doubt they would have done that with viruses and all. Who knows we could be out to infect the ship.

Oh! I’m such a simpleton. Of course! :sad2:

After I slept and drank lots of water, it worked itself out.

Good.

Oh Remmy looks so yummy and your SPa package sounds divine. Congratulations getting your house listed.

Yeah, I rarely get sick, but when I do, I'm an awful patient.

:hug:
Now we just need someone to come view it! :headache:

I think the holiday season might be a bit hard to get viewers. Maybe?

Well, we got nothing done on it over the weekend, but in the past two days, on each one we took an Expedition load out of the garages each day. Problem is that they mostly came to our house, cluttering it up even more. She has been diligently listing things on eBay, but they're not moving fast enough!

Well, maybe the diligence will pay off figuratively and literally. :)

It's not cheap, but I totally think it was worth it. I might pre-purchase one less day when we go back on the Fantasy.

I can see that. There is quite a variety of perks in there. So relaxing!!!

I usually do get one, my favorite is on the Wonder and called "Alone time". It's the same thing that Jill and I did, but just for one. They only offer it for two on the Dream and Fantasy, and Jill and I are OK with each other so we went for it (the spa treatment, not cheating on Fran :laughing:)

:lmao:

LOL!!! I didn't think so.

Just got back from my 2-week vacation so I'm playing catch up now...

She had the Oven Baked Salmon Royale. I don't remember if she commented on it.

z18FC0826SD190.jpg

I think I had this on our last cruise and it was good!

I had two Grand Marnier souffles, I believe our waiter brought them both at the same time and the one I didn't eat was hard by the time I went to eat it. So I asked him to bring another and that one was much better.

z18FC0826SD193.jpg

Was one of them supposed to be Fran's or did you just order 2 for yourself? Next time I'm probably going to get 2 as well since this is my favorite dessert out of all the rotational restaurants!

On the Disney front, we're nearing double digits to our March trip. When we visit my parents for Christmas, we'll discuss our FP+ choices so I'm all ready to make them in mid-January. We've also got a “warm up” Disney weekend booked at the Grand Californian for the beginning of March when I am hoping that the Food and Wine festival begins in California.

Also our Fall Disney trip is taking shape. Many of you are aware of our annual band conferences, and guess where the 2019 one takes place? Orlando! So we fly in on Saturday before the conference and we are staying at the Beach Club until the Thursday when we check into our hotel in Downtown Orlando. Food and Wine at Epcot will be well underway so next year I get to experience both F&G and F&W in Florida.

How fun! I sadly had to cancel our January trip. My dad is in the hospital in a precarious state so we were advised not to travel for a while. I've moved stuff around and now we're supposed to go over my birthday at the end of Feb. I'm still keeping the March trip for now though. Hopefully we can still make both Feb and March!

yum this looks amazing. I love a good pork belly.

The next course was a chicken breast stuffed with cornbread stuffing with a corn puree on the side and crumbled bacon, and spinach balls. This was heavenly and decadent. And I rarely say that about chicken!

z18FC0827SD218.jpg

Remy makes chicken taste so good!!

They served us these Cannelles, which I am always too full to eat.

z18FC0827SD221.jpg

I was too full to eat any last time either so I took them to go and they were gone in 2 days, LOL. I was surprised how much I liked them. I don't normally like sweets but I think I liked that it wasn't too sweet and I liked the chewy texture and buttery flavor.

Next I went up to the spa as Jill and I had booked the Couples Choice package. This package includes a private spa villa for two, starting with a foot and calf scrub, followed by about 20 minutes in the hot tub, and a massage. We both chose the salt scrub massage, so after we completed the salt scrub and showered off, we came back to the tables and we got a massage on our backsides from toes to head.

Then we were given back our robes and led back out to the private verandah to sit on a chaise lounge, sip tea and eat fruit skewers and chocolate covered strawberries.

this sounds like total BLISS!

Now because of Pam’s allergy she would pre-order her dinners for the next night, and last night she had asked for beets and goat cheese. The chef got all fancy on her and made her a big production of a salad which had some beets and goat cheese in it.

z18FC0827SD236.jpg

She was not pleased because when she asked for “beets and goat cheese” that’s exactly what she meant. No more no less. She said that this second plate was closer to what she wanted.

z18FC0827SD237.jpg

Haha I guess just beets and goat cheese is too simple for them!

z18FC0827SD239.jpg

This was somewhat of a mistake this time as our server had taken these aside from the appetizer serving period and just put a warming lid on the plate. As a result the sauce was sort of dry and not as creamy. I did eat all but one of them, though.

Yum I love these. I can see how they would get dry after sitting around for a while but glad to know they are still good!

This is your foodie daughter?

Yes, my 14 year old stepdaughter- she's def a foodie in the making
Really???? :lmao:

Ya, in retrospect what the hell was I thinking

Well that didn't happen. :sad2:

Boo- I saw the ad and it looked great

The only problem is that Seabass is like $20Per pound here and we don't buy things that cost that much. Dinner should be less than $10 per night.

Agree- I haven't been to the fish/seafood shop for ages, so I have no idea what the price is here...but def try to keep dinner under $10 too

Oh that meal at Remy looks so wonderful! Maybe someday we'll get back on a cruise.

I'm already looking forward to my next meal there and I don't even know when I will be back on the Fantasy.

I'm so excited to see your Remy brunch review! I will always have a special place for that restaurant since I got engaged there, but it's really expensive. The brunch seems amazing! I'm trying to think if I should add it to my upcoming cruise or not. It's only offered on sea days like Palo?

Yes, only on sea days, and the dessert tasting is only on the last sea day of the cruise.

Love love love mushroom risotto. I make it all the time at home.

I would like if I made it more often, but I just don't seem to have time.

This sounds delicious!

It was pretty good, I liked the rum soaked part of it.

These are my favorite meal on the ship from the ADR. That's a shame they just let it sit out like that. you should have requested a fresh plate.

I always look forward to these and I was sorry that they didn't live up to my expectations this this time.

Correct.. She is especially fond of rack of lamb...good taste she has already.

Good taste she has.

Yum- I'm a fan of all of those, bacon looks nice and crispy too.

They did have good bacon on the ship.

All those glasses are quite heavenly looking, added to the view- spot on.

Remy is such a lovely experience.

I love the little sauce pitchers.

I know. They're so cute.

Yum- I quite like sea bass so may try this one.

I keep forgetting about this recipe. I should add it into the rotation.

Elephant I'd say this one is.

Sounds like a good call.

Tasty little things they are.

Speaks like Yoda she does....

:laughing: Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

And I'm trying to do the same today!

Any human sacrifices this time?

Naaaaa, just monetary ones.

Good for you! Now do you remember any of it? :rotfl2:

Of course! I was watching it before I started drinking! :laughing:

You can, however, go very wrong with peas.

Standard ones yes, but I've found at these swanky restaurants, I actually almost like the peas.

At first I read that as "candles" and was really questioning why anyone would want to eat them.

Yeah, no one would want to eat those. It wasn't until my last cruise TR when Su-Lynn told me the name of what they were. I used to call them "weird cake things."

I saw fava beans in the menu and immediately started thinking of The Silence of the Lambs. Hope it wasn't that kind of cooking demonstration.

Since I don't watch those kinds of movies, I don't get the reference and that's probably a good thing.

Good call.

Now there's a description. I was trying to figure out what that would actually be like.

:laughing: I thought it was a very accurate description!

Is that what you see when you look for your reflection?

:thumbsup2

Hey! Gimme a chance!
I coulda been a contender.

No. You really couldn't have.

Ah. That one. Okay. I can’t compete with that.

See?

Well glad you’re feeling better now.

Much better!

Still under the weather? Can you tell her I’m thinking of her and hope she feels better soon.

I will. She ended up sleeping pretty much all of the day today.

Just go out without clothes. No one will mind. Honest.

:rolleyes1 Rubinesque figures are not in vogue.

I’m the opposite. But more from being busy than wanting to be unplugged. When I get back to “normal life”, I’m always surprised at what’s transpired in my absence.

Because Fran sleeps so much, I'm usually killing time waiting for her to get up, unless I go out on my own. Vacationing with friends along I've had more times that I've left her in the room and gone off with Jill or someone else.

Well of course. Who wouldn’t be??????

People who prefer heroes who weren't captured. Reference contender above.

I wish. Heck, a solo cruise would be great!

Except if you pay double like Disney has you do.

People were giving you their drinks??? Who does that??

I can't imagine.... :rolleyes1

Ruby and Elle had just had a late lunch and Kay was at the mall with friends.

That makes sense. Everytime I have lunch at 3PM, dinner for that night gets pushed into the next day.

Hmmm. I’m finding that dinner is around $30-$40. But that’s for 4. Still higher than you. But food costs more here too.

I can see that with four people, and a pescetarian might make it more expensive. You've probably missed my posts on FB. I had a chunk of meat in my freezer that I paid $3.39 (Corned beef around St. Patrick's Day). I made the traditional corned beef and Cabbage meal Friday night, last night we had Corned Beef Rubens, and this morning we had corned beef hash and eggs. However the whole meal was rather expensive. For some reason the cabbage was $4 for the head, and the rye bread for the sandwich was also four bucks, but still I think both dinners still came in under 10 bucks when you factor in how many meals I got.

Oh! I’m such a simpleton. Of course! :sad2:

You said it.... :rolleyes1

Oh Remmy looks so yummy and your SPa package sounds divine. Congratulations getting your house listed.

I just wish someone would rent it!

I think the holiday season might be a bit hard to get viewers. Maybe?

Well, I'm sure I could get viewers, just hold an open house and tons of people would come take a look. What I need is a qualified applicant to submit an application.

Well, maybe the diligence will pay off figuratively and literally. :)

I'm not counting on it until after the new year, but unless we sell a bunch more ornaments on eBay I'll be selling more Disney stock in about 10 days.

I can see that. There is quite a variety of perks in there. So relaxing!!!

I wish I had a rainforest room here!

Just got back from my 2-week vacation so I'm playing catch up now...

Wow! I can't even imagine a two week vacation!

I think I had this on our last cruise and it was good!

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of salmon, too strong of a taste.

Was one of them supposed to be Fran's or did you just order 2 for yourself? Next time I'm probably going to get 2 as well since this is my favorite dessert out of all the rotational restaurants!

Oh, no, she had already left by dessert. I get two just for me!

How fun! I sadly had to cancel our January trip. My dad is in the hospital in a precarious state so we were advised not to travel for a while. I've moved stuff around and now we're supposed to go over my birthday at the end of Feb. I'm still keeping the March trip for now though. Hopefully we can still make both Feb and March!

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I know he was ill and hospitalized earlier in the year too. I hope he's doing better now.

yum this looks amazing. I love a good pork belly.

Which reminds me. I have some in the freezer and need to put it on the dinner rotation.

Remy makes chicken taste so good!!

They pretty much make anything taste good!

I was too full to eat any last time either so I took them to go and they were gone in 2 days, LOL. I was surprised how much I liked them. I don't normally like sweets but I think I liked that it wasn't too sweet and I liked the chewy texture and buttery flavor.

We are always too full to eat them and have to take them to go.

this sounds like total BLISS!

It was!

Haha I guess just beets and goat cheese is too simple for them!

They were probably thinking, "who would want just beets and goat cheese?"

Yum I love these. I can see how they would get dry after sitting around for a while but glad to know they are still good!

I found the recipe for the sauce, and sometime I think I'll try making them.

Yes, my 14 year old stepdaughter- she's def a foodie in the making

That's great. When I was 14, I pretty much wouldn't eat anything but burgers, spaghetti, chicken legs, and steak.

Boo- I saw the ad and it looked great

Yeah before they took it down and slapped my wrist!

Agree- I haven't been to the fish/seafood shop for ages, so I have no idea what the price is here...but def try to keep dinner under $10 too

I was having the same discussion with pkondz, but he says that food in Canada is more expensive. Then again you guys grow some of your own so that probably helps.

Day 6 - Tuesday - Port of Tortola

Today’s Navigator & Shopping Brochures and Maps

z18FC0828T01.jpg

z18FC0828T02.jpg

z18FC0828T03.jpg

z18FC0828T04.jpg

z18FC0828T05.jpg

z18FC0828T06.jpg

z18FC0828T07.jpg

This morning we were docking in Tortola, the sun was already up before I woke. At 6:26 Jill sent me a message that she was up and if I wanted to come by and sit on her verandah. I found the message because I had been looking out my porthole. I went back to the desk to grab the camera which was charging right next to my phone and saw the message, so I grabbed the camera and headed down the hall to join her.

Before I get to our docking, I remember that I had rather vivid dreams the night before, (which I attributed to the spa treatment and all the toxins that it stirred up in my body.) The first one was that the house I lived in (not my actual house, but some kind of place like the Amityville Horror House) had gas burners on the stove which kept spontaneously lighting with flames 2-3 feet high, I would turn one off and another would flare up. I tried to get to the gas shut off at the meter, but I never made it there and woke suddenly before I turned off the gas. The other weird dream scenario involved my cats. This time we lived in a house that was near a desert wash which separated my house from an empty lot that was surrounded by chain link fence with barbed wire on the top. The wash had eroded a section under the fence which allowed the cats easy access to the vacant lot. A skunk was taunting the cats on this vacant lot. Do skunks even live in the desert? I know that they live here in our neighborhood, but this was terrain like out in Palm Springs, Arizona or the land in between. Anyways, seven or eight of our cats formed a pack and decided to corner and taunt the skunk. Some of the cats in the pack, have been deceased for five years or more! In the end two of them Mikey (one of the deceased cats) and Tesla (my PITA, used to be baby boy until the kittens came along) ended up getting sprayed by the skunk, and that's when I woke up, but not before fretting over how I was going to get them unstinky.

Bizarre! I didn’t have any other weird dreams for the rest of the cruise, so I’m pretty sure it had to do with the detoxifying spa treatment.

Back on Jill’s balcony, we watched the ship dock.

z18FC0828T08.jpg

z18FC0828T09.jpg

z18FC0828T10.jpg

z18FC0828T11.jpg

z18FC0828T12.jpg

z18FC0828T13.jpg

Once we were docked and tied, I headed back to my room to get dressed and get my coffee from the Cove Cafe. I brought back some fruit, (I guess I didn’t take a picture) and Jill had given us some pastries to tide us over before our real breakfast at 9AM.

I took Fran’s computer down to the Lobby and it just so happened that the “Connect at Sea" guy was sitting at his desk. He played around with it, disabled the firewall, stopped automatic updates, and still it couldn't get online.

But in the meantime, I was able to connect with my phone and I figured out how to send her music to guest services on the phone. I even sent one piece of music as a test run.

It turned out that her computer is so old and the processor is so slow that it was timing out before the satellite signal of internet on the ship could be reached. We gave up getting online with the computer, and I went back to the room. Just as I walked in the door the phone rang and it was guest services telling me they received the email, and a few minutes later they called back to say they could print it.

I told them I would send the other two files at breakfast and we would be by after breakfast to pick them up.

We had arranged to meet for breakfast with most of our party and were seated at a table of seven. I really didn't need the menu, but they give it to us anyways.

z18FC0828T14.jpg

z18FC0828T15.jpg

I took an apple pastry off the pastry tray, it was good.

z18FC0828T16.jpg

Fran got the dulce de leche waffles filled with a creme.

z18FC0828T18.jpg

I knew that I would be ordering the omelet with everything, add spinach. It was very good, but with the side of bacon that Fran and I split, I could only eat half of it and I gave the rest to her and she ate a few bites. Needless to say we did finish off our bacon.

z18FC0828T17.jpg

z18FC0828T19.jpg

z18FC0828T20.jpg

z18FC0828T21.jpg

After breakfast we picked up Fran’s music from Guest services. Jill, Karin, Tom, Teresa, Mickey and I all headed off the ship to check out the immediate port area.

z18FC0828T22.jpg

We were the first ship back to the island after hurricane Irma and were told there may not be much to see and our expectations were met.

When we were docking Jill was disappointed that there was no band welcoming us back, but they were just on island time. There was a band afterall.

z18FC0828T23.jpg

z18FC0828T24.jpg

z18FC0828T25.jpg

Half the stores weren't even open and most of the ones that were sold overpriced jewelry I didn't need, booze, or other unnecessary stuff. If you look at the map of Tortola Pier Park where they are trying to coerce you into buying diamonds and tanzanite, you’ll see the basic layout of the area. There were probably 50 shops/restaurants in this little cluster of half a dozen buildings. We (Jill and I) walked down the middle street, and back the waterfront, and checked out all the stores. I really only bought two things, one was this as a gift for Pam with her whole beet debacle the night before. It was overpriced, but I felt like I was helping support the local economy being the first ship to come back to this port. I’m told that Disney literally built this port as an option to St. Maarten whose dock fees were overpriced and growing.

z18FC0828T26.jpg

I’ve since found this product at my local grocery store, but I never would have looked as I’m not a fan of beets.

I did buy a bottle of Jamon wine which is made from a berry that is local to the island.

When we got back to the ship, Jill decided to do laundry. We planned on riding the Aquaduck after that, but we also planned for lunch around noon. It was only 11AM, so it was time to amuse myself for a while. I decided to watch the live action version of Beauty and the Beast since I'd never seen it before. I watched about an hour of it, maybe more when Jill was ready to go. She had ordered chicken nuggets from room service so she was more interested in the second part of lunch. But Fran and I still needed something savory, we looked at the buffet, but decided in the end to go with the quick service restaurants on deck. We ran into Pam and her Mom in front of the restaurants. Mom was getting a garden burger while Pam was going to the buffet to get some salads. They had spent all morning in the Rainforest Room after they watched “A Wrinkle in Time.”

I got a hot dog. Sorry no pictures, but it was a hot dog, you've seen them before.

Fran got the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. It wasn't as good as she could have hoped. I could have told her that cause she didnt like it so much last time either. I could post a picture of the one she had a year and a half ago, but it’s not that exciting.

Then was the real main event, we wanted to get gelato from “Sweet on you”. They have ice cream and other sweet treats as well, but it was gelato that we wanted.

z18FC0828T27.jpg

z18FC0828T28.jpg

z18FC0828T29.jpg

z18FC0828T30.jpg

z18FC0828T31.jpg

Now there is an upcharge for this place, but it wasn't too bad. A single scoop was $2.95 and I believe a double was $3.95. Jill got a double scoop of Caramel Macadamia.

z18FC0828T32.jpg

I got a single scoop of Oreo Cookies and Cream with a spoonful of candy cane sprinkles.

z18FC0828T33.jpg

Fran got a single scoop of chocolate covered strawberry gelato.

z18FC0828T34.jpg

It was very good and if we had the appetite, I'd go back again.

Then it was time for the Aquaduck. We went back to our rooms, and changed into our bathing suits. After stowing our shoes and such, we climbed the four flights of stairs before reaching the line. As stated in the front of the queue, it was probably about 20 minutes before we climbed the final two flights of stairs to get on the ride, maybe less. The ride was really fun although at times I feared that my fat butt was going to bring me to a stop, but it never did. The hardest part is getting out at the end. We did it one more time, and both agreed that between adrenaline and the six story climb (twice) that was enough.

Jill went back to her room to get ready and I went to the Rainforest Room. Pam and her Mom were in there, and had been all day. I got in the hot tub. I tried both of them, but for whatever reason neither was at all hot, so after a few minutes in each one, I got out and joined Pam and her Mom on the tile loungers. We talked (softly) for a while, before I went back to the locker room to shower and get ready for dinner at Palo.

We’ll leave it off there, oh and did you see her?

I see me, I see me! :hyper:

Fun update. The gelato looks yum. You are too cute with your peppermint sprinkles.

I love how everyone sort of did their own thing then met up; low key and no pressure!

These breakfast foods look great! I'm not a big breakfast person so I normally linger in bed while my husband runs up to the buffet to bring me something back. Maybe one day I'll make it to a proper breakfast. I just like sleep too much lol.

We were the first ship back to the island after hurricane Irma and were told there may not be much to see and our expectations were met.
That must have been interesting being the first ship back. I went to Tortola on my cruise back in 2016 and did some fun snorkeling, I felt so bad when I heard they had gotten destroyed by the hurricane.

It was very good and if we had the appetite, I'd go back again.
That's good to hear this place was good. I didn't try the upcharge candy place on the Dream, but I think I'd like to have some gelato from here.

Your dream sounds crazy- I'm a pretty vivid dreamer too, mainly on the nights I take melatonin (nights when I need to get up early for work)

Everything omelettes are Dorian's thing too..I'm not super keen on onions so I'd leave those out

A little bit of heaven right there, I don't think they had this when we were on the Fantasy

Looks like some pistachio or mint under there?

Then it was time for the Aquaduck.

I think we did this twice too- once in the day, once at night- we meant to get on it more, but just so much to do.
I know one night Maria did it a whole bunch of times with some friends

What is this "hot dog" thing of which you speak? Pictures or it never happened!:goodvibes

When I first saw your post I thought you were going to the Island of Tortuga and Johnny Depp was going to be there looking for his pirate crew.

Yummmm..Gelato.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!