A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

Southwest released the airfare for our time period. My parents booked their airfare promptly and got a nice non stop flight out of San Jose to Orlando. I don’t know what took us so long, perhaps it was that little side trip to Arizona, perhaps it was the fact that we are trying desperately to get the old house up on the market, but for whatever reason when I finally sat down and looked at the airfare options, arriving on our scheduled day and departing on our scheduled day had airfare looking at $395 per person EACH WAY! Multiply that by three seats and you’re looking at practically $2400

Southwest's prices for our April 2019 trip were crazy for us too!

I went up to deck 12 and about 20 minutes later watched the sun rise up from the horizon.

z18FC0826SD103.jpg

z18FC0826SD104.jpg

z18FC0826SD105.jpg

Gorgeous!

You can see Fran is laser focused on the chocolate covered strawberries!

z18FC0826SD128.jpg

z18FC0826SD130.jpg

Haha…I would be too! Those look amazing!

Can there be any better way to start the morning than watching the sunrise on an upper deck then getting to relax in the rainforest? That sounds like bliss!

Your brunch looks amazing as well although those apple nipples would have made anyone cry. What was the chef thinking there?

I could very used to that very quickly. How wonderful!

Holy dessertaroni!!! Everything is just so lovely!!

Diogo told us that the Albondigas were a new addition to the buffet. I almost forgot to try them!

Which means you didn't. How was it!

Pam's mom JJ had ordered the Artichoke Ravioli and she shared one of them with me.

I think that'd have been my favorite of all.

when I finally sat down and looked at the airfare options, arriving on our scheduled day and departing on our scheduled day had airfare looking at $395 per person EACH WAY! Multiply that by three seats and you’re looking at practically $2400 for round trip airfare, that could pay for the dining plan for the entire @Captain_Oblivious family :eek:

:faint: It's a terrible deal for airfare and for food!

Since I consider my DVC as sort of “free”, I just pay a monthly subscription charge to Disney (now that we are paying our dues monthly instead of one big lump sum), it wouldn’t cost us any extra to stay those two days, right? Fuzzy Disney Math.

We're all experts in that subject!

The next day we’ll check out, send our bags to the Beach Club via Bell Services, and we are going to go to the Kennedy Space Center.

Hooray! party::jumping1: I'm sure you'll love it.

Don’t forget to check my other TR for bonus features, I just posted one about a week ago, and I’ve got more to come.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll forget.:rotfl:

Nice shot there.

On the way back to the room I realized that the spa would open in about 20 minutes and I could use my rainforest pass and enjoy the jacuzzi probably before anyone else got there.

Sweet!

Ok, you might have explained this before, but is there any difference between these showers?

Our server Diogo was hilarious, we loved him! He was just standing there being a normal waiter, but when he saw that I was taking his picture, he went all GQ, "I'm too sexy for my shirt" on me, posing for the photo.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You can see Fran is laser focused on the chocolate covered strawberries!

Well, who wouldn't be?

And we split the Chicken Parmesan. Always delicious!

That looks really good.

Diogo had brought several plates of Lasagna Bolognese to the table, not realizing that we had several vegetarians in our party.

More for me! :woohoo:

Instead she was brought "apple nipples" as she called them, and she wanted to cry.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: You can't un-see it now.

Oh, and did you see it? Those of you who are on @pkondz’s threads are familiar with the game. Its It's kind of like “Where's Waldo?” with Flat Jenny.

I guess she wanted to fill out her punch card?

Apple Nipples!!! I'm still dying laughing. Palo was so much fun and Diogo was wonderful!

Such a fun day!

Jill in CO

Apple nipples? :lmao: Poor thing. It looks terrible. :(

I think it was the filling for a dessert they served at dinner. I think the chef forgot he said he would make her something special and had to scramble when she said she was waiting for something. She said she would have been eating her desserts all through brunch if the chef hadn't promised her something.

The rest of the meal however looks incredible!

It really was!

How darling is Diego!

He was so much fun!

Love that you had your sail away party on Jill’s verandah. On my next Disney Cruise, that’s what I want to do. With Joshua we did the deck party which was fun for him but not wonderful for me. Cute though but a glass of bubbly on a quiet deck looking out to sea sounds heavenly.

I've never been to a deck party. Always hang out on my verandah with a glass of wine!

Your sunrise pics are AWESOME!

Thank you. I'm bummed I only got the one morning.

Where Flat Jenny? :hug: Love you girls.

Did you see her?

Can’t wait for Jill’s bday trip! #Mitchell

Single digits!

Ah a born real-estate mogul! Got it!

Born and bred!

Oh ok, is this cheaper than buying the week-long pass? I think if we did the couples pass it was cheaper than buying the individual days for each of us. But I can't remember.

It was cheaper to buy it in advance, but you couldn't get the week long pass in advance. You had to buy it daily. I think for me it was $118, and on board they sold the week pass for like $148.

Apparently no, we did not. I don't remember seeing it on a menu. On our Royal Court night we got some sort of banana pudding instead, which I thought could have been it, but it was not date.

It would have been in Enchanted Garden, that they served it.

Sounds good :)
I think we may pare back that trip because we keep extending other trips but I do want to do F&G more than once, so I think we're going for a long weekend instead of 5 nights. But either way we will definitely be seeing you both!

What are your dates again? Is it the weekend of the 15th?

OK will do so now!

:thumbsup2

That is a very cool rice krispie treat!
Also, in the picture before that, I spy with my little eye...a certain someone.

She loves Rice Krispy treats and I figured a chocolate one on a stick would be a bonus.

Haha that's so funny! He seems like such a fun server! I love it when they are so personable!

He was and he was so great throughout the entire cruise.

Oh didn't know they have POG! Yum!

I didn't either, he kept refilling my glass and it had so much sugar, I could feel my blood sugar going through the roof!

Haha I would too! Love them!

They are one of my favorite dessert items.

They look good! Were they good?

They were. I had one with my desserts, since I almost forgot.

Hahaha, more like apple boobs...it's nice they came in a pair...

:rotfl2: I know, we were all laughing so hard. Poor Pamela, waited so patiently for that.

Palo looks amazing.

It is, just like every other time I've been there!

Apple nipples = :rotfl2:

I know. We were all laughing so hard!

I spy Jenny looking over someones shoulder.

That one just stuck out... but it was such a small scene.

There were so many of those little jokes, hard to remember.

soon I think. I have the first photos done (all... 8? of them), just gotta start writing.

I've got three more updates already done, just spacing them out a little so folks have time to breathe in between updates.

Huh. Here I thought I was the only one.

No, there's Jill, Donna, my Mom, Fran only likes it with too much cream and fake sugar. I know there are more.

Hmmm... I'll give that an "I dunno" then.

I was surprised when you started talking about it, based on things you've said in the past I would be surprised if you like it.

Ah. Okay, I get it now.

Yeah it is a long, slow process, but I'm actually seeing progress in one of the five garages.

Got it! Thanks!

Probably makes the whole process easier for everyone.

You mean it's not oregano?

Well its certainly not Cilantro!

Yup! Then she's weird! But a loveable weird, so that's okay. :)

:laughing:

That is a very good attribute to have.

Better than the cranky one.

Hmmm... does that make it acceptable? Or worse?

I'm really not sure.

Still doesn't make it acceptable. But it could have explained why they might not have paid attention. Maybe they didn't understand.

Was being serious! I actually thought that maybe she worked for a news organization or something. I've heard of reporters having press kits, so that's the first thing that came to mind.

No she's a tech gal. I highly doubt she would enjoy a career in that field.

:thumbsup2 My kinda girl! :rotfl2:
That is the exact reason it says "tentative" summer vacation on my ticker.

No, honestly - it pays off to juggle dates a bit. Just did the same and came up with 4 nights/5 days DLRP which was cheaper than a three night stay and flights.

Most of the times we do split stays it's because we had to change it up due to airfare and by the time we got around to booking, the original place we booked is all booked up.

You DO get up early. We were still blissfully asleep then.

Well not on purpose and certainly not at home, but I think on vacation I get too excited to sleep. I also like to take sunrise photos while on a cruise ship. This was the earliest I got up all week.

He was so much fun!

::yes:: Yes he was.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :bitelip: :laughing: :happytv: :scared: :rolleyes1
OMG did we laugh hard when they were served. And poor Pamela got teased a lot lateron.

OMG! we did laugh so hard it was hilarious!

There were so many of those little jokes, hard to remember.

::yes::

I've got three more updates already done, just spacing them out a little so folks have time to breathe in between updates.

Holy crap!

I was surprised when you started talking about it, based on things you've said in the past I would be surprised if you like it.

I've been surprised before... so you never know. Or at least I don't.

Yeah it is a long, slow process, but I'm actually seeing progress in one of the five garages.

Good!

Well its certainly not Cilantro!

:lmao:

Better than the cranky one.

Well, I suppose that's true of everyone.

Still doesn't make it acceptable. But it could have explained why they might not have paid attention. Maybe they didn't understand.

That's what I thought. Still... if everyone around you is suddenly shutting up... maybe you should too?

Stopping by quickly and updates! I can't comment much as I'm just between meetings, but some nice pictures and oh Palo- yum! that chicken parm never gets old and mmm chocolate covered strawberries never do either- I think when we went they were covered in white chocolate (boo). did they have the sticky buns? (maybe they are in your pics but i didn't see at first glance)
Nice sunset pics also.
Very excited to see you next week x

Alright..I'm going to admit it- I don't know how to multiquote like you all do- can someone give me the rundown so I don't have to go searching on how to do it?

:laughing: I suppose I shouldn't laugh, but... those numbers match!

That was the first thing that came to mind when I started to write the update about the airfare. I guess I had just read his update when I was writing it.

Niiiice. I need to get back there some day.

They have added so many things in the 10 years since we went. I don't remember when you said that you went.

Lot of nice shots, but I really like this one.

I'm really glad I took that one. The ship is really nice pre dawn. Normally I'm on my balcony so I don't actually see that, but there have a been a few times I've left my room cause the balcony wasn't placed right for me to see it, and it's so nice and peaceful.

Looks good. Was that chocolate on top?

Yes, a thin layer of chocolate.

I know that card! I remember from last time. :)

I get it on every cruise! Usually pays off by the last day.

Good looking group. :)

:thumbsup2 Thanks!

mmmmm... love POG. Especially on vacation.

I wasn't sure how many people would know what it was, but I guess if you visit Disney often.

Fran is smart.

Very nice.

I think I'll just take a tiny little bite.... as the entire sculpture tumbles over onto the floor.

It was out of arms reach, so there's that.

What is that?

It's Spanish/Mexican for meatballs. Courtesy of Google:

"In Spain and Hispanic America, meatballs are called albóndigas, derived from the Arabic al-bunduq (meaning hazelnut, or, by extension, a small round object). Albóndigas are thought to have originated as a Berber or Arab dish imported to Spain during the period of Muslim"

Around here, we often see Albondigas Soup on menus at Mexican Restaurants.

Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil.
  • 1 large onion, chopped.
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced.
  • 3 quarts of chicken stock or beef stock OR water OR a mixture of both (we usually use half stock half water as the meatballs will create their own stock)
  • 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
  • 1/2 lb of green beans, strings and ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1/3 cup of raw white rice
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped fresh spearmint leaves
  • 1/4 cup (loosely packed) chopped parsley
  • 1 raw egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • A dash of cayenne (optional)
  • 1 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh peas
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, crumbled, or 1 Tbsp fresh chopped oregano
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Make the soup base with onion, garlic, broth, tomato sauce, carrots and green beans: Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed pot (5-qt) over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add broth mixture and tomato sauce. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Add carrots and string beans.

2 Prepare the meatballs: Mix rice into meat, adding mint leaves and parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in raw egg. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.

3 Add meatballs to soup, let simmer, add peas: Gently add the meatballs to the simmering soup, one at a time. Cover and let simmer for 1/2 hour.

Add the peas towards the end of the 1/2 hour. Add a few pinches of oregano and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a dash of cayenne, to taste.

Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.

I've actually never had it before, but it's supposedly like a Mexican Comfort Food.

I'm not a huge pancake person; I never order it in restaurants, but those do look very well prepared.

I love pancakes, waffles, French Toast, all that stuff. These actually were not the best pancakes I had ever had. That honor goes to a place locally. I was going to take you there so you could try Biscuits and Gravy, they make the best of that too!

mmmmmm..... I won't split those. All mine!

See I like to split things cause then I get to try more tastes. You know, the law of diminishing returns. The first bite is the best and each one is a little less satisfying.

I bet! So much food to choose from!

Totally, I end up with one to two bites of everything.

Apple nipples... :lmao:

But why did she want to cry? Because she liked them? Or because she couldn't get what she wanted?

Because of her limited diet, she was looking forward to the special versions of the Panna Cotta and I forget which other one she liked. Had she known he would be making her something else, she would have been eating those off the buffet all throughout her meal. She's like Fran and eats dessert throughout her Brunch.

It took me 3 tries... but I did finally see her... Wonder if she was thirsty?

Probably! She does like her morning coffee!

Southwest's prices for our April 2019 trip were crazy for us too!

I'm sorry that you had crazy pricing too, it must be Spring Break pricing.

Gorgeous!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Haha…I would be too! Those look amazing!

I really have a hard time choosing, it ALL looks so good!

Can there be any better way to start the morning than watching the sunrise on an upper deck then getting to relax in the rainforest? That sounds like bliss!

I don't think so!

Your brunch looks amazing as well although those apple nipples would have made anyone cry. What was the chef thinking there?

I have no idea. When we were there for dinner, I saw something on the dessert menu which made me think that he just took the filling for dinner's dessert and put it on a plate. He probably forgot he promised her that and then panicked when she inquired.

I could very used to that very quickly. How wonderful!

It was lovely when it was empty!

Holy dessertaroni!!! Everything is just so lovely!!

Palo Brunch has got to be one of my most favorite life experiences.

Which means you didn't. How was it!

I grabbed one meatball with my desserts and ate it before the desserts. I don't know if I was just full, it was good, but I'm not sure I would go for one of those over some of the other things I usually get every time.

I think that'd have been my favorite of all.

It wasn't as tasty as I was hoping. Chicken Parm continues to win out.

Beautiful sunrise pics!

Thank you! :)

That was the first thing that came to mind when I started to write the update about the airfare. I guess I had just read his update when I was writing it.

That's cheating! ;)

They have added so many things in the 10 years since we went. I don't remember when you said that you went.

Well, there may be one or two changes since I was there.

Back in 1978!

Back then, the Saturn V rocket was lying in a field out in the open.

I'm really glad I took that one. The ship is really nice pre dawn. Normally I'm on my balcony so I don't actually see that, but there have a been a few times I've left my room cause the balcony wasn't placed right for me to see it, and it's so nice and peaceful.

Looks like you have it to yourself.
Note to self: If I ever go on a cruise, I wanna get up stupid early to take photos. :)

I get it on every cruise! Usually pays off by the last day.

:)

I wasn't sure how many people would know what it was, but I guess if you visit Disney often.

Or, in my case... Hawaii.

It was out of arms reach, so there's that.

Probably a good thing.

It's Spanish/Mexican for meatballs. Courtesy of Google:

"In Spain and Hispanic America, meatballs are called albóndigas, derived from the Arabic al-bunduq (meaning hazelnut, or, by extension, a small round object). Albóndigas are thought to have originated as a Berber or Arab dish imported to Spain during the period of Muslim"

Around here, we often see Albondigas Soup on menus at Mexican Restaurants.

Interesting. Thanks! :)

I've actually never had it before, but it's supposedly like a Mexican Comfort Food.

I'm betting if you make it, the cilantro might not make it into the final touches.
I've never cooked raw, uncooked rice into a meatball before. Interesting.
May have to try this... except I already know at most half the family wouldn't eat it.

I love pancakes, waffles, French Toast, all that stuff. These actually were not the best pancakes I had ever had. That honor goes to a place locally. I was going to take you there so you could try Biscuits and Gravy, they make the best of that too!

I'd like that! I've never had good biscuits and gravy. I did make it once, but I have no idea if it was good or not since I had nothing to compare it to.

See I like to split things cause then I get to try more tastes. You know, the law of diminishing returns. The first bite is the best and each one is a little less satisfying.

Just between you and me? I'd split the Bennies, just for that reason. Don't tell anyone.

Because of her limited diet, she was looking forward to the special versions of the Panna Cotta and I forget which other one she liked. Had she known he would be making her something else, she would have been eating those off the buffet all throughout her meal. She's like Fran and eats dessert throughout her Brunch.

Ah! Got it. :)

:faint: It's a terrible deal for airfare and for food!

For sure. Fran and I could take another local vacation for less than that!

We're all experts in that subject!

Hooray! party::jumping1: I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm looking forward to it!

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll forget.:rotfl:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Nice shot there.

Thanks! :)

Ok, you might have explained this before, but is there any difference between these showers?

Yes there is. One of them, the water comes from directly above. I didn't realize that and got doused by it. I hadn't intended to get my hair wet and that went out the window. :laughing: One of them came from the side walls. Ironically I didn't care for those three, but the one across from those was my favorite. That one just kind of made a cool mist, so after being in the steam room, it was a nice way to cool down without getting totally soaked.

Well, who wouldn't be?

I was more overwhelmed by all the various options.

That looks really good.

Everything was really good!

More for me! :woohoo:

:laughing:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: You can't un-see it now.

I don't know if that's what the chef was thinking, but why did he bring her two if that wasn't the intention? :laughing:

I guess she wanted to fill out her punch card?

Apple Nipples!!! I'm still dying laughing. Palo was so much fun and Diogo was wonderful!

Such a fun day!

I know. We were there for three hours just laughing, eating and having an all around great time!

Holy crap!

Well I've pretty much written the entire things (while I was on the cruise, downtime in the room watching the movies). Or at least I wrote notes sort of. It's just been a process of renaming and then modifying the pictures to make them smaller. Then I just edit the already written text and include the links to the images. The picture editing has to be done from my computer, but once I upload the pictures, I can do the rest on my phone thanks to Google Docs. I've given up on ever being able to do much from the computer anymore. My life is just too complicated right now that the phone will have to suffice.

I've been surprised before... so you never know. Or at least I don't.

True. Well that's a very open minded attitude to take.

That's what I thought. Still... if everyone around you is suddenly shutting up... maybe you should too?

I don't think most people are that intuitive.

OMG Palo looks awesome. That dessert in the martini glass makes my mouth water.

Palo is awesome. Their brunch is the best I've had.

Stopping by quickly and updates! I can't comment much as I'm just between meetings, but some nice pictures and oh Palo- yum! that chicken parm never gets old and mmm chocolate covered strawberries never do either- I think when we went they were covered in white chocolate (boo). did they have the sticky buns? (maybe they are in your pics but i didn't see at first glance)

And now you are on your way! They did have the sticky buns. They were in the silver chafing dish, as usual. Fran did not get her normal course of sticky buns.

Nice sunset pics also.
Very excited to see you next week x

Thanks! I'm excited to see you too!

Alright..I'm going to admit it- I don't know how to multiquote like you all do- can someone give me the rundown so I don't have to go searching on how to do it?

I can show you on my phone when we have lunch.

Palo brunch looks amazing!

It is! :thumbsup2

I do see me @franandaj :lmao:

So excited for next week ladies! :woohoo:

I can't wait! The Grand will have running water!

Well, there may be one or two changes since I was there.

Back in 1978!

Back then, the Saturn V rocket was lying in a field out in the open.

OK so long long time. It was on the ceiling of the building like when Mark went when I was there, but the Space Shuttle wasn't there when I went. Although we have a space shuttle here I could go see anytime I want, and for free.

Looks like you have it to yourself.
Note to self: If I ever go on a cruise, I wanna get up stupid early to take photos. :)

Yes you do. The ship has a eerie feeling to it with no one around.

Or, in my case... Hawaii.

Ah, didn't know they had it there.

Probably a good thing.

I'm betting if you make it, the cilantro might not make it into the final touches.

You are absolutely right.

I've never cooked raw, uncooked rice into a meatball before. Interesting.

I was thinking the same thing.

May have to try this... except I already know at most half the family wouldn't eat it.

It actually sounds pretty tasty, but I'd probably rather just try it at a Mexican restaurant.

I'd like that! I've never had good biscuits and gravy. I did make it once, but I have no idea if it was good or not since I had nothing to compare it to.

I've had a few good ones. A lot of mediocre ones, and some really lousy ones.

Just between you and me? I'd split the Bennies, just for that reason. Don't tell anyone.

You do know this is a public forum, don't you? :laughing:

Well I've pretty much written the entire things (while I was on the cruise, downtime in the room watching the movies). Or at least I wrote notes sort of. It's just been a process of renaming and then modifying the pictures to make them smaller. Then I just edit the already written text and include the links to the images. The picture editing has to be done from my computer, but once I upload the pictures, I can do the rest on my phone thanks to Google Docs.

You are very organized!
At least when it comes to TRs. :)

I've given up on ever being able to do much from the computer anymore. My life is just too complicated right now that the phone will have to suffice.

I know. :hug:

True. Well that's a very open minded attitude to take.

I'll try to be more closed minded about some things to help balance it out. Okay?

I don't think most people are that intuitive.

Not anymore.

OK so long long time. It was on the ceiling of the building like when Mark went when I was there, but the Space Shuttle wasn't there when I went. Although we have a space shuttle here I could go see anytime I want, and for free.

I did see one in Washington. That was pretty cool. And yet... it also reminded me of the two tragedies.

Yes you do. The ship has a eerie feeling to it with no one around.

I bet!

Ah, didn't know they had it there.

Um... that’s where it was invented.

You are absolutely right.

Whoa! That almost never happens!
I should make a note.

It actually sounds pretty tasty, but I'd probably rather just try it at a Mexican restaurant.

I never go to Mexican restaurants.
1. Worked at Chi Chi's for 5 years, so it was a long time before I wanted any.
2. Just aren't any decent ones around here and... I'm not that big a fan unless I'm cooking it.

I've had a few good ones. A lot of mediocre ones, and some really lousy ones.

I'll let you guide me, then.

You do know this is a public forum, don't you? :laughing:

Oh noooooooooooo...

Well it's been a fun day today. Everything was going fine until Fran asked me to log into our City accounts, which covers gas, water and refuse for our various properties and give her the account numbers. Only to find that we have a $1000+ water bill for our own house. That means a leak, no doubt about it. The first thing I checked was the pool.

Nope, nothing there.

So I checked the water meter and the water was definitely running even though we didn't have anything on that we knew of turned on.

So I turned off the main water switch to the house (or so I thought) and checked the meter again and that solved the problem of the water meter running. It just meant that we didn't have running water at our house any more.

We found a company that specializes in finding water leaks, but of course this is a Friday and they’re all booked up until Monday, so they won’t be able to come until Tuesday between 11-1PM. I’ve got a lunch reservation DISmeet at 1:45 out at Disneyland, so now that means Fran can’t come along, and I’ll have to go solo. And who knows once they find the leak how long it will take until it is fixed.

So I decided to trouble shoot a bit myself. I turned off all the shut off valves to the water heaters and the two other shut off valves that I was aware of. I sat Fran on a stool out in front of the meter waiting, and then turned the water main back on. She said the city meter was spinning like the second hand on a clock. In my mind this meant that it was not anything inside the house, and had to be gardener related.

I’m not sure if you folks know what a wonderful gardener we have, but he is so eager to please us and goes above and beyond all the dang time. I called him up at nearly 5PM on a Friday night and told him the situation. He came right over, and I told him about the leak people that we had scheduled for Tuesday and we were hoping that we could isolate the problem. When we went back to the main shut off valve in the backyard, I showed him which one I turned off and he informed me that it was the one to the sprinklers. The main shut off to the house was green, and this one was red. Doh! We had water and toilet flushes all day and the problem IS in the sprinkler system!

He is diagnosing the problem as I type this. He said give him a couple hours and he will let me know if he can find the leak and we can cancel the leak finders. But the awesome news is that the leak is NOT inside the house, we are not going to fall through the slab into a sinkhole, and I have water to do dishes, laundry, take a shower and more important flush the toilet!

On other news I will be busy all weekend. Tomorrow we have rehearsal from 10AM-1PM and we will be dead tired afterwards. Sunday we have our 40th Anniversary concert.

https://www.facebook.com/gayfreedomband/photos/gm.1628428547262968/10156599108598149/?type=3

So I will have my hands full this weekend.

Next week, I have a DISmeet at Disney on Tuesday.

Wednesday we check into the VGC for two nights.

Thursday we have dinner at Napa Rose with Jenny and Jill and our SOs.

Friday we have fun in the park before I go home to my kitties.

Saturday I don’t get out of bed cause I’m too tired

Sunday our band plays a concert at DCA

:faint:

So I went to the Martini class solo, there were a lot of people who wanted to add on the class, so I was lucky that they wouldn’t charge a “no show” fee for Fran. The class was held in Meridian and the place was pretty packed. I was lucky that another solo woman sat down with me, and we struck up a conversation. She was nice and unfortunately we never ran into each other again (not unlikely on a ship with 4000 people), but she was very helpful to you the readers in her photo skills as you will see.

z18FC0826SD153.jpg

It didn't take long to realize that the guy leading the class was the same one I had for mixology last year.
The first thing we had was a Dirty Martini. I don’t care for olives, so this was not my favorite, but gosh darn it, I had paid for the class, I was going to drink the drinks.
The second one I really liked. It was called the French Martini, and it had vodka, chambord, pineapple juice.

z18FC0826SD154.jpg

I liked the next one too, it was called an Aviation Cocktail, gin, freshly squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, maraschino cherry liqueur, creme de violet liqueur. Sub violet simple syrup. Normally I'm not a Gin fan, but that goes back to a childhood incident where I drank too much gin, mixed with whiskey, vodka, rum and who knows what else, all mixed together….straight, with chaser. So I’m giving Gin another chance, in moderation.

z18FC0826SD155.jpg

The next drink had a sort of heinous name Blood and Son Martini. It contained scotch, sweet vermouth, cherry herring, and orange juice. This was not bad, but not something I planned to order again.

z18FC0826SD156.jpg

Before we had our last drink, our host wanted to showcase the talents of the staff. I don’t remember what the other guys on the bar staff had to show off, but I remembered from our February 2017 cruise that this guy could balance bottles on his nose, so when he asked, “What do you think is my special feature?”

I replied, “Your nose!” Which got me the prize of standing opposite him in the bottle balancing act. He had me stand across the room from where he would start and I was going to High 5 him once he walked across the room balancing the bottle on his nose. Luckily the gal I met and were briefly friends with, was great with photo skills and captured the whole thing on film! Or I guess now you would say “memory cards”.

z18FC0826SD157.jpg

z18FC0826SD158.jpg

z18FC0826SD159.jpg

z18FC0826SD160.jpg

z18FC0826SD161.jpg

He did a little dance move before balancing two bottles on his nose.

z18FC0826SD162.jpg

z18FC0826SD163.jpg

Our last Martini was the Creme Brulee, and for those of you paying attention, you’ll remember that this was the drink that I ordered to go along with my dessert last night.

z18FC0826SD164.jpg

It was formal night and all the characters were out in their formal best. Fran still wanted to sleep, and even though I wasn't dressed up for formal night yet, I was at least equally dressed to some of the folks, so I went down to check out the characters. I met Donald

z18FC0826SD165.jpg

z18FC0826SD166.jpg

Goofy

z18FC0826SD167.jpg

z18FC0826SD168.jpg

z18FC0826SD169.jpg

and Pluto

z18FC0826SD170.jpg

z18FC0826SD171.jpg

z18FC0826SD172.jpg

I had to wait a little bit for Minnie to come out. I grabbed a glass of wine from the servers walking around the Captain's reception, and just about then, Jill texted me that she was at the future cruise desk, so i joined her and neither of us booked an actual cruise, but she booked a placeholder. By now it was time for Minnie so I went and got a picture with her, and then went back to the room.

z18FC0826SD173.jpg

z18FC0826SD174.jpg

Fran and I got dressed and we headed back out for formal night pictures.

z18FC0826SD175.jpg

z18FC0826SD176.jpg

After Mickey we took a few more shots, one with with the Captain.

z18FC0826SD177.jpg

And just ourselves.

z18FC0826SD178.jpg

z18FC0826SD179.jpg

z18FC0826SD180.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter