A New Adventure Calls to Us- a Disneyland Paris TR extravaganza! COMPLETED 3/15

Really enjoyed the report. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to your next one.
Thanks for reading along! My next one is written and all ready to post and it looks like I'll have lots of downtime at home to get that started in the coming weeks.

The pool is filled with water from the sea and is refreshed every few days.
Really! I didn't know that could be done.
We jumped in and out a couple times, but then a kind Dutch woman came up to us and let us know she had seen a lot of jellyfish in the water and she didn’t recommend the diving board since you couldn’t really see if there were any around you before you jumped in.
Eep! Yeah, I can see how that'd put a damper on things.
I caught this picture of Jon the Giant.
He's huge!!!
I mean, who can argue with a diving board into the Mediterranean?
::yes::
There were lots of people wind surfing, which we had never seen in person before.
No? I've seen wind surfing and the even more cool (IMHO) kite surfing.
[See the birds out there in the water??]
I do!
Then on our last night in the Riviera we ate at a place called Le Marais right on the water and the full moon was out and sparkling and it was absolutely stunning.
Gorgeous evening.
And now it’s time for the saddest part of the TR, the travel home.
Boooo!!!
(which was at a place where no one spoke English and the menu was once again in cursive French)
How did you do?
For a bit, I was trying to figure out why the toilet was in the shower...
The line to drop off checked bags was really long and took forever. When it was our turn, we found out why. They were basically treating it like customs where they asked us a bunch of questions about our trip and whatnot.
That's strange... unless they were part of the customs? But... did you clear customs in the US? Because...

I don't get it.
Except of course I got randomly selected for an extra screening. I had to take out all of my electronics (which were plentiful) and take off all of my layers (also plentiful) and it took probably an extra 15 minutes.
Wait... this was after you already went through security?
We were also in the second to last row so we had to do the walk of shame past everyone who was already comfortably settled.
Ah yes. And everyone's staring at you.
Thanks everyone for tuning in to this TR.
Thanks for the fun and unique TR! :)

Really! I didn't know that could be done.
It was really neat! We watched it happen once. There must be some pumps underground or something.

Gorgeous evening.
So beautiful. Except for the flies. There were lots and lots of flies.

How did you do?
Not too bad! We both ordered the same pasta and it ended up being one of my favorite pastas of the trip. So delicious. If I recall I even had a [very] small bit of light conversation with the waitress.

For a bit, I was trying to figure out why the toilet was in the shower...
:lmao:

That's strange... unless they were part of the customs? But... did you clear customs in the US? Because...
So at the bag check they asked all the questions they usually ask at the passport checkpoint, then they put a sticker on our passports. So when we got to the passport checkpoint they saw the sticker and just let us through, with not questions.

Then when we landed in Dallas we went through the checkpoint again but since we were citizens returning home they didn't really ask us questions. It was weird.

Wait... this was after you already went through security?
Yes! This was at the gate to get out to the plane!

Ah yes. And everyone's staring at you.
Every single person.

Thanks for the fun and unique TR! :)
Thank you for joining in and adding some fun commentary! I'm working on getting the next one started and I expect no less on it.

It was really neat! We watched it happen once. There must be some pumps underground or something.
Cool.
So beautiful. Except for the flies. There were lots and lots of flies.
That’s not okay.
Not too bad! We both ordered the same pasta and it ended up being one of my favorite pastas of the trip. So delicious. If I recall I even had a [very] small bit of light conversation with the waitress.
Good for you!
So at the bag check they asked all the questions they usually ask at the passport checkpoint, then they put a sticker on our passports. So when we got to the passport checkpoint they saw the sticker and just let us through, with not questions.

Then when we landed in Dallas we went through the checkpoint again but since we were citizens returning home they didn't really ask us questions. It was weird.
Yeah that is weird. Why would French customs care if you’re leaving the country???
Yes! This was at the gate to get out to the plane!
Even more weirdness!
I'm working on getting the next one started and I expect no less on it.
:laughing:

Really enjoyed reading about your adventure! It was an amazing trip - a mix of Paris, the parks and French countryside. You've given me confidence we could do a trip on our own - we plan to travel around England next year!

It was so fun to read along on this adventure!! I'm not sure when in my life a visit to DLP will be possible, but I sure do hope I get to venture there someday! (Of course, right now, I'll be glad for the day when we're allowed to venture anywhere ever again, let alone France!) Hope you're keeping safe and healthy during all this wildness! Once I get more in the swing of things with e-learning from home with my 5th grader, I hope to get some updates in on my TR, too!

Really enjoyed reading about your adventure! It was an amazing trip - a mix of Paris, the parks and French countryside. You've given me confidence we could do a trip on our own - we plan to travel around England next year!
I'm glad I could help you realize that! I would love to do a more extensive trip of England sometime. We visited London for a few days as part of a longer trip to Scotland but I really want to see more!

(Of course, right now, I'll be glad for the day when we're allowed to venture anywhere ever again, let alone France!)
For REAL! Starting to feel like Quasimodo up here in here...

Once I get more in the swing of things with e-learning from home with my 5th grader, I hope to get some updates in on my TR, too!
Goodness my prayers are seriously with all the parents right now, especially the ones who are trying to juggle working from home AND dealing with sudden homeschooling/virtual schooling. Y'all are superheroes!

Thanks for your report! I'm hoping to make a trip to France next year or the year after and I'm using your report as a reference guide.
Oh that's fantastic! I hope it helps. If there's anything you have more questions about, feel free to ask!

Just got caught up with everything - it sounds like it was such a fantastic trip - a bright spot in amongst everything going on!!! Can't wait to read the next one :goodvibes

Just got caught up with everything - it sounds like it was such a fantastic trip - a bright spot in amongst everything going on!!! Can't wait to read the next one :goodvibes
It was such a fantastic trip and I'm glad we got a chance to tick it off our list! I'm working away at the next one and will post it here when it's ready!

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic trip! I really enjoyed reading and it helped me as I was supposed to be in Europe now, which was rescheduled due to Coronavirus. I was really bummed but your pictures got me excited again.

I got some great ideas for when we do finally go, hopefully later this year. 🤞

I will definitely check out the Palais Garnier which was not originally on our list to see, but is now!

Thanks again for such an enjoyable read!

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic trip! I really enjoyed reading and it helped me as I was supposed to be in Europe now, which was rescheduled due to Coronavirus. I was really bummed but your pictures got me excited again.

I got some great ideas for when we do finally go, hopefully later this year. 🤞

I will definitely check out the Palais Garnier which was not originally on our list to see, but is now!

Thanks again for such an enjoyable read!
Oh man I'm sorry to hear you had to postpone your trip! But when you do go, definitely make sure the Palais Garnier is on your list! We really enjoyed the guided tour but if that doesn't fit in your schedule, I've heard from several people who had a great time doing their own thing.

It's over :(

I'd just like to point out that while I was reading about your calanque adventures, the Soarin music came on. tres approprie, non?

What a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts