A question has been on my mind re: WL Room-Only Rate Discounts

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
I’m new to this, I have my first Disney trip booked for September. It’s a room-only that I booked over the phone with Disney & I added a dining plan. I put a deposit down for the rack-rate room at Wilderness Lodge. I got park tickets through Undercover Tourist. (This was all pre-coronavirus.) I was told I could wait & see so that if a discount became available, I could call back & apply it to my room. Right after I booked, the room-type I booked became unavailable, the nature-view room. So does that mean that if Disney releases a promotion for my travel dates, I would not be able to get a discount? Now the Wilderness Lodge has NO rooms available for my trip in September (I was looking to try to upgrade my room-type).

I’m new to this, I have my first Disney trip booked for September. It’s a room-only that I booked over the phone with Disney & I added a dining plan. I put a deposit down for the rack-rate room at Wilderness Lodge. I got park tickets through Undercover Tourist. (This was all pre-coronavirus.) I was told I could wait & see so that if a discount became available, I could call back & apply it to my room. Right after I booked, the room-type I booked became unavailable, the nature-view room. So does that mean that if Disney releases a promotion for my travel dates, I would not be able to get a discount? Now the Wilderness Lodge has NO rooms available for my trip in September (I was looking to try to upgrade my room-type).

The WL is a popular resort and does sell out quickly sometimes. With that said, availability does sometimes change over time. It is possible that rooms at the WL will be included in the next discount should there be one for Sept, but it's not guaranteed. If/when a discount is released for that time and you see your room type available, you can call and have that discount applied to your existing reservation. Sometimes you have to be flexible as not all resorts/room types are included in discounts. Keep in mind that your dates/resort/room type has to be available under the discount to take advantage of it as having a reservation in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

The WL is a popular resort and does sell out quickly sometimes. With that said, availability does sometimes change over time. It is possible that rooms at the WL will be included in the next discount should there be one for Sept, but it's not guaranteed. If/when a discount is released for that time and you see your room type available, you can call and have that discount applied to your existing reservation. Sometimes you have to be flexible as not all resorts/room types are included in discounts. Keep in mind that your dates/resort/room type has to be available under the discount to take advantage of it as having a reservation in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.
So the only way I could get a discount on my nature view room, is if I see nature view rooms listed as available with a discount? So in my circumstance, lets say nature fireworks view rooms had been available, i could have changed the room? But not received a discount on my current room, bc that room type wasnt listed as available?

So the only way I could get a discount on my nature view room, is if I see nature view rooms listed as available with a discount?

Yes
So in my circumstance, lets say nature fireworks view rooms had been available, i could have changed the room? But not received a discount on my current room, bc that room type wasnt listed as available?

Yes. If a discount comes out and nature view isn't available under the discount but nature fireworks view is (or any other room category is), you can modify your reservation to that room category.

Ah ok, no fun for me then money-wise. I was hoping for a discount but never had a shot. Unless I change hotels. I have my heart set on WL.

Ah ok, no fun for me then money-wise. I was hoping for a discount but never had a shot. Unless I change hotels. I have my heart set on WL.

Right now discounts are only out through August, so there's still hope. There is a chance your room type will be included/available should a discount come out. If not, there could be a different room type at the WL that could possibly be cheaper than what you have booked at rack rate. Keep a look out for future discounts and try to check/call as soon as possible as WL rooms do go quick!

Even if you don't see it listed online, call. It's possible that the discount will still be applicable even if none are showing as available when you look online.

Even if you don't see it listed online, call. It's possible that the discount will still be applicable even if none are showing as available when you look online.
Cool, this is what I was wondering! I guess I thought if lets say Deluxe resorts have a 25 or 30% discount, if I can call & they might honor it?

WL lodge hotel part is undergoing big room refurbishments, they had just finished one floor when this hit. That’s going to mess with available inventory whether they pull more rooms for refurb or different category rooms or pause the refurb-
so keep an eye out. You might see what you want pop up.

On the downside, availability for the exact room you want when discounts come out has sucked the last couple times. But keep checking. Plans change. I had to check like everyday for a couple months to get what I wanted for my covid cancelled March trip.

WL lodge hotel part is undergoing big room refurbishments, they had just finished one floor when this hit. That’s going to mess with available inventory whether they pull more rooms for refurb or different category rooms or pause the refurb-
so keep an eye out. You might see what you want pop up.

On the downside, availability for the exact room you want when discounts come out has sucked the last couple times. But keep checking. Plans change. I had to check like everyday for a couple months to get what I wanted for my covid cancelled March trip.
Do you know what floor was finished?

Do you know what floor was finished?

I'm not the poster you quoted, but CL rooms (7th floor) were released/available for booking for arrivals starting in March. We had WL CL booked for a late March trip, which was obviously cancelled. As the pp mentioned, availability will depend on what Disney does with the refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!