A Question re: Discounts for Cash Reservations

stlrod

DIS Veteran
When making cash reservations for Fraiday/Satuday stays, can the reservationist at DVC apply discounts other than DVC. For example, in making my first reservation today at HH for Easter, I wanted to pay cash for Saturday but was told the DVC rate was sold-out. I am curious whether DVC Guest Services can apply a AAA discount when it becomes available. ALso curious whether anyone has gotten code rates through DVC Guest Services or whether you had to make separate calls to DVC and CRO.

MS can only make reservations from the members inventory. They cannot make DC, AP or AAA discounted reservations.

Some have reported that recently, MS did match AP discounts for cash ressies for their reservation.

Members discounts are NOT available at all times and in no case are available unless/until MS is confident that the rooms won't be reserved with points. MS first responsibility is to reserve on points from the rooms owned by members.

The reservations available thru CRO are mostly from the points used by members for non-DVC reservations (DC, Concierge, Adventure Collections). At 60 days before any date, any rooms unreserved on points are also released to CRO. At this point- those rooms can easily be used for member discounts.

MS often won't make ANY cash ressie at 11 months, but may at about 6 months.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter