• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A ? Regarding Cash Ressies

MdmMim

DIS Veteran
I've been a DVC member since Oct., but I really don't have a clue regarding cash ressies. When would one request this? (When there are no rooms available for points? Would it be better than getting on a waitlist?) Are these ressies generally at a better price than an AP discount?
Thanks for any responses.

:earsgirl:

You can request it at any time (not sure how the 11/7 month window works with this) but would probably have more luck in the 60 day range when unreserved rooms are released to CRO.

The discount is 25%, AP discounts are usually more than that.

MS usually has NO cash availability until they are certain the rooms won't be needed for point reservations. The 25% discount is not always available.

Reportedly, MS has been willing to match other discounts, so if you know that there is an AP or DC discount, MS may at least match that figure.

Any unreserved point reservations are released at 60 days, so that is certainly a good time to call, but i wouldn't hesitate to call whenever and let MS advise if not available at that time.

Good Luck!

We had run out of points earlier this year. In late April we booked a studio for three nights at BWV for August 24-27 as a cash reservation. 60 days prior (late June) I called and got a 25% discount for the room. Then we did a points add on and converted two of the nights to points. Three weeks before the trip I was able to get the last night converted to points also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter