A rule of minimum 2 night stay at HRH...??? what...??

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
I just hung up with reservations at HRH. According to Dave, we have to book 2 nights or we can't stay there on Oct 2?? Whats the deal? We have gone 3 other times and stayed only 1 night. Is this something new?? Needless to say, I didn't make a reservation.

disgusted,
Esmerelda....

Perhaps you have to stay two nights to get a certain deal. According to the website, the hotel is full for that night however.
RPR is available. Things may change quite a bit between now and then.

I've now called the Lowes number...the Fan club number and the hotel directly. They are all saying the same thing. I did get an offer of a kid's suite at the HRH directly for almost $400 a night! I don't think so....too much.

skipping Universal this year,
Esmerelda

I tried Loewshotels.com and had no trouble getting only one night at the other two hotels and only HRH gave me an error message. I also tried HRH for one night during another month and it went through without a problem. Maybe HRH is having some kind of event during that time? Could you try another date?

I really can't change my dates. I did find a single HR room on Expedia for $239 for Oct 2 so for now I took that. I can't believe that you would have to reserve for 2 days....seems very weird to me. I even asked if there were anything special that weekend and the answer was no....who knows??

Esmerelda..:smooth:

I just tried on their website and couldn't get one night, either. I added another day and it came up as available, so they are not sold out.

We have ressies for early April for 3 nights and I need to drop the first night. I'm hoping that they let me drop a night. We'll still be staying 2 nights.

T&B

That happens. That means they are trying to fill a certain gap so they make a minimum. Hopefully it will go away, but just keep checking.

I have experienced something similar when booking RPR for next week. If I check-in on Monday, I could get a APH rate for 3 nights but not 2 nights. If I check-in on Tuesday, I could get the room with the APH rate for 2 nights and was not required to stay the 3rd night. When I asked why that was, I was only told that it was based on availability. I booked the 3 nights but I am thinking of cancelling the 3rd night and seeing what happens.

Just curious.....do you think they are trying to stop people from booking one night and getting two full days of fotl?

No, they are just trying to fill the resort. What may happen is that one night is oversold, and the other is not even close. That way if they discount the night that is oversold they will be able to fill in the gap. I used to work front desk during college, so this is the only reason why I know this..

I experienced something similar to this when I tried to make reservations at RPR for our trip in February (Presidents' Week). I called in September and was told that I could not book four nights at RPR, but I could book five nights. It was even suggested to me by the reservationist to book the five nights and check out early. I was able to book a King Suite for four nights (which I did), but I was never able to book a standard or poolview room for four nights only five. I called many times between September and February with not luck. We did stay in the King Suite, but it was expensive.

This still really has GOT my goat.....:(

You can book Friday night at HR all by itself....and you can book Sunday night at HR all by itself....you can book Friday and Saturday night at the HR together....you can book Saturday and Sunday at the HR together....

BUT ya CAN'T book the Hard Rock for Saturday all by itself...!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrr.......

We have gone many years at this same time. I wonder if there is anyone I can write a very disgruntled letter too? It may not get anywhere but it sure would make me feel better.
I am a fan club member also but you can't book thru anyone for that night. I did find it on Expedia (which I'd rather not use). Why is it that Expedia and Travelocity can book it alone...??

It's so stupid that a family can travel well over 1,000 miles to go on vacation and this is what they do.......I just don't get it....

still disgusted,
Esmerelda
:mad:

It is weird that they're doing this. I've never run into a minimum unless it's a very high demand hotel and it's standard policy or if there is an event going on. I can't imagine doing it piecemeal like this.

By the way, I use Expedia regularly and they've been real good to me. They even call me to tell me when my flight numbers change and so on.

Thanks Planogirl. I sat down this morning and wrote the HRH general manager a letter. I think its ridiculous that someone thats willing to pay $200+ a night and travels as far as we do to get there should be treated this way. It makes HRH look very greedy as far as I'm concerned.

I guess I'll just stick to Disney...at least you can book any of their hotels for one night only. Heck, come to think of it....I could book about 1,000 different places for one night down there...LOL

have a great day,
Esmerelda

You should write a letter to Loews Hotels directly. It would probably have more effect. You could probably also e-mail them at www.loews.com

I will do just that....I already sent a letter to the general manager of the HRH so we will see what happens. Either way, it doesn't look like we will get to stay there unless we use Expedia or Travelocity to book it with. I'm not fond of using those resources only because of a bad experience before. I will wait and see what happens, maybe he will call me with a solution or something for the HRH. I won't get my hopes up....

Thanks!
Esmerelda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter