A simple question about early entry

danandjackie

Mouseketeer
Ok .. so normally they open the gates 45mins before the official time and allow you to the hub for the rope drop..How does this effect guests allowed in on early entry and more to the point, if the official posted opening time for Christmas week is 8.00am then does this mean Early Entry is 7.00am...By the way how does the CM know that your a resort guest and entitled to early entry, will my hotel provide me wih something?...

A couple of answers for you :sunny:

First the hotel will issue you a resort ID card (which is used as your door key for the room) so that will identify you as a resort guest for entrance to the magic mornings.

Second, Christmas week is a little different with the magic mornings because the park does open earlier, you would have to check with the hotel when you arrive about the early days at that seems to change year to year.

Third, they do not allow you in 45 minutes early anymore. The only people allowed in prior to the official opening time are those that have priority seatings at the resturants. These days each park has a morning show that is performed (on non-early entry days). MK for example: they will open the turnstiles about 8:30 and allow you only into the front area (in front of the train station). They hold everyone there and the morning show begins about 8:50am... the mayor and dancers come out onto the front platform of the train station and do a little song and dance and then the train rolls in full of characters and they do a countdown to park opening, it is at that time that you are allowed into the park... so there is no more hanging around for rope drop, everyone is held outside until about 8:58...(again that is unless you have a priority seating between 8-9am at Crystal Palace or Cinderellas).

LibertyBelle did a good job of answering your questions but I just wanted to add what they did last year.
Since Christmas was on a Thursday which is also EE day at MK, they changed EE for Wed & Thursday that week, so MK had it on Wed instead of Thursday. I dont know if anything will be changed this year since Christmas is on a Saturday and thats not EE at MK. Maybe things wont change at all.
However on the days when the park opened at 8:00 and it was EE day, like Sunday the 2st, EE was in fact at 7:00...and it was wonderful because no one was there. We arrived about 7:30 and a CM was standing alone outside, right after the bag check area. He yelled to us "Are you staying onsite?". We said yes, and he waved us right in. It was a great photo op in front of the castle with the decorations, and very few people around. :D
Have a great time.

hello I am going for the first time in a year! am wondering which parks open early on what days?

Originally posted by petchie
hello I am going for the first time in 4 year! am wondering which parks open early on what days?

Sunday- magic Kingdom
Monday- Animal Kingdom
Tuesday- Disney MGM Stuidos
Wednesday- Epcot
Thursday- Magic Kingdom
Friday- Animal Kingdom
Saturday- Disney MGM Studios

And here is a list of the attractions that are avalaible for Magic Mornings:

Magic Kingdom:

Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, Cinderella's Carrousel, Dumbo
Mad Tea Party, Main Street vehicles, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan,
Snow White, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway,
Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Mission: SPACE, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Universe of Energy
______________________________________________-
Disney-MGM Studios:

Muppet*Vision 3-D, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours, The Tower of Terror

Discovery Island Trails,It's Tough to be a Bug!, Kilimanjaro Safaris,
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
The Tree of Life

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter