A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Good evening everyone from the most MAGICAL Place on Earth...the Magic Kingdom!

My day in Animal Kingdom started really well.

I would go on Dinosaur and Expedition Everest before making my way to see my favorite show, the Festival of the Lion King!

I would then travel to EPCOT where I would listen to 3 performances of the Voices of Liberty! It was great to see many of them again, and I can’t wait to hear many more performances throughout the week!

I would then take the monorail to the Polynesian to enjoy a nice dinner at Capt. Cooks!

It is now the evening, and I am at the Magic Kingdom.

I’ll have one more update for you later this evening!

Wow! What a day! My trek to 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks is complete!

When I got to the Magic Kingdom, I would experience a few of my favorite MK attractions. Those are the Walt Disney World Railroad, Big Thunder Railroad, Mickey’s Philharmagic, the PeopleMover, and the Jungle Cruise.

This is where things get a little upsetting for me. I have a tradition now of seeing Happily Ever After my first night of any trip. I would see the show, and it is very obvious that they have changed some of the firework sequences, as well as, reduced the number of fireworks in some parts of the show.

I would then make my way out of the Magic Kingdom and wait literally 5 seconds for a bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studios! I was really having good luck today with transportation!

When I got to DHS, I would practically run to a store to get any Toy Story Land merchandise I can get that I wanted. I was really happy all of the merchandise was still available that I wanted!

It was then time for the moment...I finally got to walk into Toy Story Land! I was really excited for this land. I even did a Toy Story movie marathon this weekend before my trip!

So, first impressions is that I really like the land at night, and I’m excited to see it during the day. I absolutely love the theming!

I would get in line for Slinky Dog Dash 5 minutes before DHS closed. The posted wait time was 145 minutes. I only waited 20 minutes. I absolutely loved Slinky Dog Dash! It is a very cute family coaster. It ranks higher than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for me.

Anyways, I am now on the bus back to Saratoga Springs Resort!

Good night everyone, and I will see you tomorrow for my second day of live reporting from Walt Disney World! :)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!!! I was finally able to get some sleep! :D

This is now Day 2 of this solo trip to Walt Disney World!

Happy day BEFORE the 4th of July everyone! I’m excited to see my first patriotic firework show of the week tonight at the Magic Kingdom!

I am currently on a bus to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I’m only going for one reason. That is to travel to another planet and fly on some sort of dragon looking creature. :D

We will see if I decide to do anything else before making my way to the Magic Kingdom!

Wow! What a fun, crazy first day. Sounds like it was great other than the changes to HEA. I've only seen it twice so I'm not sure if I would notice any changes at this point. The second time I saw it, Tink didn't fly due to rain and winds.

Have fun at AK! I can't wait to ride SDD and FOP (again) in August.

Well that new AP sure got broken-in on your first partial day:thumbsup2 Looking forward to your take on SSR and MTMK tour.:earsboy:

Hi everyone. Just a quick update about my day so far!

The Flight of Passage rope drop procedure is still a mess, but it’s an amazing ride!

I would end up going to Magic Kingdom after FOP. I would go see the Enchanted Tiki Room, ride Splash Mountain, and ride the Walt Disney World Railroad. Then I had a great lunch at Be Our Guest.

I would escape the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to EPCOT to see a few performances of the Voices of Liberty!

Then I came back to the Magic Kingdom. I had dinner at Columbia Harbor House. I would then go on Peter Pan’s Flight, the Haunted Mansion, and Big Thunder Railroad.

At 7:40 p.m, I got a spot for Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky! I’m excited to see a Patriotic Firework Show in about 20 minutes!!! :)

My final update for the day...

Disney’s Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky is absolutely breathtaking! Seeing Disney’s special 360-degree fireworks finales will never get old!!!

It was a complete madhouse leaving Magic Kingdom from the Hub after the show. I only had to wait about 10 minutes for a Saratoga Springs bus to show up at the bus station, and I was able to get on that bus.

After I arrived at my resort, I noticed that the pool that covers my portion of the resort closes at 11 p.m. So, I am currently enjoying the pool area. It is nice, but it is like a basic pool. It isn’t the main pool area for the resort. However, it does have a jacuzzi which is really needed after 2 long park days!!!

I am going to walk to Disney Springs and get something at Ghiradelli after this to get a cold snack after this long hot and humid day. My resort room is very close to the walkway to Disney Springs so it isn’t to far away.

Then it will be time to head to bed and get ready to celebrate Independence Day at Walt Disney World!!! :)

Wow! What a fun, crazy first day. Sounds like it was great other than the changes to HEA. I've only seen it twice so I'm not sure if I would notice any changes at this point. The second time I saw it, Tink didn't fly due to rain and winds.

Have fun at AK! I can't wait to ride SDD and FOP (again) in August.
It was still a great day! Any day at Disney is great! :)

Well that new AP sure got broken-in on your first partial day:thumbsup2 Looking forward to your take on SSR and MTMK tour.:earsboy:
Thank you for joining in! I’m excited for that tour!

What a great first day!!
It really was a great first day! I’m excited for the rest of this trip!

Some day I will see the holiday fireworks shows. They always sound incredible.
These special firework shows are truly spectacular!

Good morning everyone and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! Welcome to Day 3 of my live updating from Walt Disney World!

Here is where the first change to my schedule occurs...unexpectedly! :)

I couldn’t sleep for some reason so I decided to wake up at 5:20 a.m. and go to Toy Story Land for Disney’s Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours! I noticed on the My Disney Experience app that the first bus getting to my area at Saratoga Springs would arrive at 5:37 a.m. I made it to that bus. I was the only one on the bus.

When I got to DHS, it was around 5:55 a.m. No line for security, and I was first in line at the tap locations to enter the park. No one showed up behind me until about 6:10 a.m.

They started letting people into the park at about 6:20 a.m, but they held us at the end of the main street. I was at the front of the pack for this as well.

At 6:30 a.m, the announcement started that DHS was opening. We were “walked” to Toy Story Land at this time. By the time I arrived to SDD, I was about 30 people deep. I would end up getting 2 rides on SDD before 7:00 a.m.

I would then make it over to Alien Swirling Saucers. I would get on the ride within 10 minutes. I would get in line again, but it started having technical difficulties right before I was going to get to board. I would get done with the my 2nd ride at 7:37 a.m. The technical difficulty was that the music wasn’t working.

I got in line for Toy Story Mania right after that at 7:40 a.m. I was on the ride at 7:46 a.m. I was a little delayed, because I filmed Mr. Potato Head for a little bit.

I would then get a picture with a male and female toy soldier, as well as, a photopass location at the Toy Story Land Woody sign!

I am now leaving Toy Story Land and the regular opening of the park day crowd is running right towards me! Overall, a successful spontaneous morning to Toy Story Land!

I would then go on the Tower of Terror where I got to experience one of the best and freakiest ride experiences I have EVER had on a Disney attraction. That is because I just got to ride Tower of Terror ALONE!!! That was so much fun and awesome at the same time! :D

I am now on the boat to EPCOT which will be my 4th of July park of choice! I’m excited for “Voices of Liberty Appreciation Day” and the Heartbeat of Freedom (Death) Fireworks tag at the end of Illuminations tonight!!! :)

More updates coming later today.

Hello everyone! Back for another update!

What an amazing day this has been!

After arriving at EPCOT, I made my way to Test Track (single rider), Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth before heading to the France Pavilian to wait.

Wait for what?

I waited 40 minutes for the ropes to drop at 11 a.m. At that time, I along with 15 other people sprinted to the American Pavilian to wait 3 hours for the Voices of Liberty’s 2 indoor shows of the day. I was able to get in the front row and close to the center! So, the waiting began.

Eventually the shows would begin, and THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Hearing the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Echo Sets will never get old!!! :) I’m so happy I was able to be there for Voices of Liberty Appreciation Day!

I am now waiting for the first outdoor Voices of Liberty show where I was able to grab my favorite spot after waiting 2 hours!!! :)

More updates coming later.

Wow that early start at DHS really paid off, look at all you accomplished in the early morning hours. What did you think of the two new attractions at TSL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter