A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Wow that early start at DHS really paid off, look at all you accomplished in the early morning hours. What did you think of the two new attractions at TSL?
I really like them for what they are. I’ll get into it when my reports begin.

Back with another short update!

The Voices of Liberty outdoor concerts are absolutely amazing!!! I would see 2 of their performances.

I would then get dinner at Katsura Grill in Japan. I really like this quick service a lot. I would have a little bit of a wait before getting my food due to the holiday + prime dinner time.

For it being a holiday, EPCOT isn’t crowded at all.

I am now in the fastpass viewing area for tonights performance of Illuminarions. While sitting here, the coolest non-rain thunder/lightning storm clouds have started to appear near EPCOT and are coming right towards us. The poncho is out just in case!

I am ready for the “Heartbeat of Freedom (Death)” fireworks tag at the end of Illuminations for 4th of July! If you are wondering why I am calling it that, you will know when you see my video later in this trip report.

(Update from last night)

Illuminations would finally begin after a 50-minute lightning delay. There is just something special about EPCOT's 4th of July tag. That finale will never get old even if it is the scariest fireworks finale I have ever seen! I still come back to EPCOT on holidays just to see that finale!

I wouldn't wait for a bus after I left EPCOT since there was one waiting at the bus stop.

I would end up going to the main shop of the resort to pick up some snacks before walking to Disney Springs to go to Ghirardelli once again. I just had to have some chocolate to celebrate America's Independence Day! :)

Stay tuned for the start of Day 4 Live Updates from Walt Disney World! :)

Still following along but I was busy yesterday with a 5K and going to see the Incredibles 2 so I didn't get a chance to check in here. I was planning on watching the Disney Fireworks online last night but I was tired from getting up early for the 5K. Once I saw they were delayed I gave up and went to bed. :rotfl2:

Oh no! I hope it clears up for you. Sounds like you are having an amazing trip so far!
It was a great show once it began! :)

This has been a great trip so far. Just tiring. Now, my slower days begin. :)

Still following along but I was busy yesterday with a 5K and going to see the Incredibles 2 so I didn't get a chance to check in here. I was planning on watching the Disney Fireworks online last night but I was tired from getting up early for the 5K. Once I saw they were delayed I gave up and went to bed. :rotfl2:
I saw Magic Kingdom's show going off while leaving EPCOT. So, I know they eventually began.

I hope you enjoyed your 5K and Incredibles 2 (I still haven't seen it).

At 6:30 a.m, the announcement started that DHS was opening. We were “walked” to Toy Story Land at this time. By the time I arrived to SDD, I was about 30 people deep. I would end up getting 2 rides on SDD before 7:00 a.m.
It's incredible that there was no line at that time when TSL hasn't even been open a full week yet. So cool!

Eventually the shows would begin, and THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Hearing the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Echo Sets will never get old
I loved the videos you put up. I can't imagine how good the echo parts sounded in person. It was also neat to see everyone in modern clothes. I'm so used to the colonial outfits.

It's incredible that there was no line at that time when TSL hasn't even been open a full week yet. So cool!

I loved the videos you put up. I can't imagine how good the echo parts sounded in person. It was also neat to see everyone in modern clothes. I'm so used to the colonial outfits.

- I was very surprised!

- Yeah. They only wear the Red and Blue outfits on the 4th of July or whenever they sing elsewhere on property for special occasions. If anyone is wondering, the videos @dolewhipdreams is talking about will be posted onto this trip report once my official trip report updates begin.

Oh...Come on!!! :D

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of my Day 4 live updates!!! :)

This morning, I was scheduled to go to Extra Magic Hours at Toy Story Land, but since I did that yesterday, I elected to sleep in. Sleeping in is VERY RARE for me when I'm on a Disney vacation. I'm always a park open-park close type of a person.

I would leave my room at about 10:20 a.m. and make my way to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I had a fastpass for Toy Story Mania to use. However, when i arrived, they were only allowing fastpass people into the queue. The ride was running at 1/3 capacity due to a technical issue. The cast members were willing to give me a multiple experience fastpass since it was going to be a 30+ minute wait for people in the fastpass line.

This now gave me the opportunity to eat lunch at Woody's Lunchbox! I did use mobile ordering here which was very easy. I would get my food, and I would find myself starting my meal on a high-top, because all of the tables with seats were full. Half were taken by people without food and the other half were taken by people eating. Then there were people at high-tops with food eyeing tables to become available and snatch them at their first opportunity. So, I would take 2 bites out of my food before I saw a table open up. I would quickly snatch that table before someone without food took it.

I would start to eat my brisket sandwich which was delicious! I got it without pickle, because I can't stand pickles. My side of choice was the tater tots. The tots were good, but they don't give you a lot. The highlight was definitely the sandwich with the brisket and the bread that they chose. Definitely the best quick service in DHS despite the seating issue.

After eating, I would use a fastpass at Rock N' Rollercoaster before seeing the Beauty and the Beast Musical. Then I would use a fastpass at Tower of Terror before making my way to re-use my Toy Story Mania fastpass. Much better experience the 2nd time around at that attraction.

I would then decide to leave Disney's Hollywood Studios and head back to my resort and relax for a bit. I was wanting to swim, but a storm was rolling in. So, the pools eventually closed before I was ready to go out there.

I have had 2 experiences while sitting in my room. One of them was slightly scary. Another one was very hilarious. However, you will have to wait until my official updates to hear about them (For the 5 DISers that know about these experiences, you are sworn into secrecy! :D )!

I am now enjoying my 4th level balcony while looking out towards the old Cirque Du Soleil theater at Disney Springs. Beautiful weather today despite the thunder storm that has rolled through! :)

I will have another update for you tonight with what I have decided to do in the evening!

Here my evening update from Day 4 of live updating from Walt Disney World!

After an afternoon in my guest room at Saratoga Springs, I would travel to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The first place I would go to is to get dinner at Nomad Lounge. Nomad Lounge is one of my favorite places to go to and relax on property. I like a couple of their food items, and it has one of my favorite non-alcoholic beverages on property. This time felt a little different, because I probably had the worst Disney waiter that I have ever had at any Disney establishment. The waiter never wanted to give me the "time of day." I still tipped him, but I really didn't want to.

After that, I would travel to go on the safari at sunset. However, it was a 65 minute wait, but I was hopeful to wait it out. That is until i decided to see if I could get a fastpass for it. Well, I had a 4th fastpass already scheduled for Navi. I went to modify that fastpass and to my luck, I won the lottery! I secured a Flight of Passage Fastpass within 30 minutes of it being able to be used! :)

So, I left the safari, but got distracted by listening to Burudika! They are so good, and they definitely turned Africa into a dance party!

I would then ride Flight of Passage, the Safari, Expedition Everest, and see the last performance of Rivers of Light before leaving the park.

After I rode Flight of Passage, the heavens decided to open where it would rain for the majority of the rest of the evening.

Also, I had 2 very strange experiences happen right before going on the Safari and right after riding Expedition Everest. If you want to know what they were, stay tuned to when my official updates begin. I have "seen it all."

I would then take a bus to Disney Springs, stop at Ghirardelli (again), and walk to Saratoga Springs.

I am officially calling Day 4 of this vacation the "strangest Disney Day I have EVER experienced!"

Good night everyone, and I will be back with more live-updating tomorrow! :)

Oh, sounds like an interesting day! I can't wait to read all about it in your TR. The strangest thing I've seen (or maybe more like the most disgusting) was seeing a dad let his kid pee behind a garbage can in the line for Buzz Lightyear. :crazy2:

Oh, sounds like an interesting day! I can't wait to read all about it in your TR. The strangest thing I've seen (or maybe more like the most disgusting) was seeing a dad let his kid pee behind a garbage can in the line for Buzz Lightyear. :crazy2:
Wow, but probably not as disgusting as something I witnessed last night. Just wait... :D

Good morning everyone! Welcome to Day 5 of my live-updating from Walt Disney World!

I am off to EPCOT until later this afternoon when I will be heading to another Theme Park.

I slept in again this morning which is very rare for me to sleep-in 2 days in a row on a Disney vacation!

I am really hoping this day will go a lot better than yesterday. So, let it begin! :)

Hello everyone!

So, I would begin my day by traveling to EPCOT. I would experience Spaceship Earth and Test Track before making my way to my lunch reservation at Teppan Edo.

I enjoy Teppan Edo a lot. It is probably my favorite table service restaurant (that I have tried) in EPCOT. The food is always really good, and definitely the best Asian food in EPCOT is in the Japan Pavilion. I was sat with a party of 6, and they were very reserved. So, in my 5 times I have eaten at Teppan Edo, this was probably my least favorite meal due to the table mates I had.

I would then see one performance of the Voices of Liberty before making my way out of EPCOT and back to my resort.

My plan was to go swimming at my resort before the rain hit, but I have now had an issue come up while staying at Saratoga Springs 2 days in row. Not only was it an issue, it was the SAME issue. I'm not going to get into it now, but these past two days are going to make it really tough for me to give Saratoga Springs a positive review. Stay tuned to see if my opinion changes by the end of the trip. This makes me sad, because I was really enjoying the start of my trip here.

My evening update will be posted later.

Last edited:
(Update from last night)

After a storm passed, I elected to walk-up to Homecomin! I had an amazing meal there!

I would then travel to Disney Hollywood Studios.

Here is where I would ride Star Tours, go into Walt Disney Presents, see Fantasmic, see Disney Movie Magic, and see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

It was then time for Toy Story Land’s first evening Extra Magic Hours. It was absolutely insane, but I would get on Slinky Dog Dash.

I would then leave DHS due to the crowd levels.

Stay tuned for the start of Day 6 live-updates!

Hello everyone! Welcome to Day 6! This trip is flying by!

My day started very relaxing. I would spend about 3 hours at the Senses Spa at Saratoga Springs which included having an 80-minute Swedish Massage! Absolutely relaxing!

I would then travel to Disney Springs and experience the Polite Pig (the restaurant all of you voted for). I will tell you that it was good for what it was, but you will have to wait for a detailed review from this person from Kansas City when I get to it in my trip report.

I would then walk back to my resort and watch some of the World Cup before making my way to Animal Kingdom.

I can’t believe I didn’t enter a Disney Theme Park until 3:20 p.m. I would ride Expedition Everest, see Festival of the Lion King, and ride Flight of Passage before making my way out of Animal Kingdom.

I’m currently enjoying a meal at Geyser Point Bar & Grill with a table along the water at Wilderness Lodge. I have a really good view of a storm that has rolled through. Also, my waiter did something very strange toward the end of my meal. I’ll get into it once my official updates begin, but I’m seriously a magnet for bad luck this trip.

I will be heading to Magic Kingdom soon, because I have a ticket to Disney After Hours tonight! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter