A Solo Trip: "The Heartbeat of Freedom!" July 2-9, 2018! *COMPLETED 10/14/18*

Another awesome report! I agree with @wnwardii comment about the clouds above the castle, just the coolest! Also appreciated the train pics from Copper Creek.:earsboy:

I wanted to chime in and let you know I have been reading along and really enjoy your reports! We also love the Voices of Liberty, just wonderful! Sorry you had a negative Day 4, you experience all kinds of weird sometimes on Disney trips! I will be joining in on your next report. Have a wonderful trip!!

Thank you for reading along! :) I agree that we can experience many types of negative experiences on disney trips. I think I just got annoyed that I had so many happen within a short period of time. It also didn't help that I experienced more negative experiences past that day as well.

I'm excited for the next trip, and I'm looking forward to see you over on my other trip report! :)

Another awesome report! I agree with @wnwardii comment about the clouds above the castle, just the coolest! Also appreciated the train pics from Copper Creek.:earsboy:

Thank you! :) Seeing the trains over at Boulder Ridge (Honestly...I thought it was Copper Creek until I looked at my photos) was pretty neat as well.

Day 6: Disney After Hours Event - Part 1!

I would attend the Disney After Hours Event on July 7th. I had done this event before, and I was interested to try it again. I also had one of the best experiences I have ever had at the previous event. So, I was really excited to see what the evening had in store.

Soda, water, ice cream, and popcorn are included during the event.

When I got through the gates of the Magic Kingdom, I would receive a lanyard and the brochure with what is included with the party.

I would arrive in the park about an hour and and fifteen before the event would officially begin, but I was determined to get some of the longer rides out of the way before the event began. So, I made my way to the PeopleMover!

After riding the PeopleMover, this is when I would get a spot for Happily Ever After about 5 minutes before showtime (Pictures and video above). After the show, I would make my way toward Fantasyland. I would capture a picture of Cinderella Castle from the side with the Happily Ever After projection still on the Castle.

I would make my way to It’s A Small World. This was about 20 minutes before the event officially started.

I would get my own boat!

I would then make my way to Adventureland where I would get on Pirates of the Caribbean 5 minutes before the event officially began. So, this is how my event would begin. :)

The new Auction Scene. :(

I would then ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin in the rain.

Next, it was time to head back to Tomorrowland where I would ride Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!

I don’t do as well at this version. I’m much better at the Disneyland version of this ride.

It was time for me to do something for the first time. That is the Astro Orbiter!

This ride goes much faster than I thought it was going to go.

It was then time to ride Space Mountain!

It was now time to continue my circle around the park with riding the Mad Tea Party!

An empty Storybook Circus…

It was then time for me to fly on an elephant!

More in my next post!

Day 6: Disney After Hours Event - Part 2!

I would then make my way to the Barnstormer. I would actually ride this attraction twice since there was nobody waiting after one round on this rollercoaster.

I would then travel under the sea on the Little Mermaid attractions.

My favorite fish since I’m a saxophone player! :)

I would get a picture of the Gaston statue.

My next ride for the evening was Winnie the Pooh!

I would then make my way to the Carousel!

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had been down for the entire event at this point. So, when I was getting off the Carousel, I noticed the lights on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train turn off. That means the attraction was getting ready to open. So, I made my way over, and I was within the first 25 people to get in line for the ride this evening.

Since the crowds didn’t reach Seven Dwarfs Mine Train by the time I got off, I got in line for it again to ride it a second time! :)

My next ride of the night would be Peter Pan’s Flight, and I would also ride this attraction twice.

My next attraction was the Haunted Mansion!

I would then ride my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom which is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

It was then time to ride Splash Mountain where I would get my own log!

There was no line for an ice cream location when I got off the ride so I would get a strawberry ice cream.

My final ride of the evening would be on the Jungle Cruise. The last time I did this event, I was able to have a private Jungle Cruise with a fellow DISer. Unfortunately, I would not get a private cruise, but I was on the same boat with only 5 other people.

After the Jungle Cruise, the 3 hour event was now over.

So, I would make my way to the Hub and take picture of Cinderella Castle.

I would also catch the “Kiss Goodnight!”

I would then begin to make my way down Main Street really slowly.

I would stay in the Magic Kingdom for another 30 minutes after the event ended. The thing about waiting this long is you are given the opportunity to get pictures like these…

An empty Main Street!

Now for one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken at a Disney Theme Park:

Disney After Hours was definitely a success this evening! It was time to leave the Magic Kingdom and head back to Saratoga Springs!

When I got back to my hotel, I realized that I had collected 3 sodas and 6 waters for the rest of my Walt Disney World stay. Using the Disney After Hours event to collect water bottles is definitely a great strategy. That way you aren’t spending the money when you are at a Quick Service location.

Disney After Hours was definitely a success! Including the attractions that I went on before the event actually started, I would go on 19 different attractions but 22 total rides since I repeated a couple.

My rundown went like this:

PeopleMover
It’s A Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Buzz Lightyear
Astro Orbiter
Space Mountain
Mad Tea Party
Dumbo
Barnstormer x2
Little Mermaid
Winnie The Pooh
Carousel
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train x2
Peter Pan x2
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Railroad
Splash Mountain
Jungle Cruise

The event is 3 hours long, and during the actual event time, I would go on 17 different attractions and 20 total rides.

I would also stop at about 4 different food stands to get ice cream and load up on water and soda.

I definitely enjoyed the Disney After Hours event a lot more this time. There is nothing like walking around the Magic Kingdom with very few amount of other guests. I do think this event was a little more crowded than the first time I did this event, but I was able to do about the same amount of rides as last time.

Disney After Hours is definitely worth your money if you ever plan to do this event!

Stay tuned for more updates from my solo adventure to Walt Disney World!

That's a successful night by any measure! Nice pics, looks like fun. The pics of you in what looks like an empty park...:thumbsup2

Disney after hours looks like it was fun!!!

When we do MNSSHP, it's a resort day for us and then we head to MK about 330pm so we can get into the park at 4pm... Can you get in early when attending the Disney After Hours event???

That's a successful night by any measure! Nice pics, looks like fun. The pics of you in what looks like an empty park...:thumbsup2
It truly was! Getting pictures with an empty Main Street was awesome!

Disney after hours looks like it was fun!!!

When we do MNSSHP, it's a resort day for us and then we head to MK about 330pm so we can get into the park at 4pm... Can you get in early when attending the Disney After Hours event???
You can get in early for the DAH event, but I believe you can't get in until about 6-7 p.m. It's not as early as a Holiday Party.

Day 7: A Very Sad Morning But A Better Afternoon!

Welcome to Day 7 of my Trip Report! :)

My day would start a little upsetting, but it was totally my fault. That is I would sleep-in a little later than I was hoping when I had a tour scheduled at the Magic Kingdom.

I would wake up about 5 minutes before the tour was supposed to start. That means I got up as quick as I could, got ready as fast as I could, and called an Uber. There was no way I was waiting for a Magic Kingdom bus.

The Uber would arrive, and it was looking like I would enter the Magic Kingdom about 25 minutes late.

I had the Uber take me to the Contemporary where I would then fast walk to the Magic Kingdom.

When I got inside the Magic Kingdom, I rushed to the tour booth where I would be told that it was past the time that I could join the tour. The Cast Member was willing to refund the money or reschedule me for another day. I ended up taking the refund since this was my last day at the park.

I guess this is what I get for staying really late in the Magic Kingdom the night before to get photos of an empty Main Street. :D

So, after my sad news, I would make my way to Starbucks on Main Street before deciding to leave the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to EPCOT. Unfortunately, that Uber drive ended up not being worth it, but I did get my money back for the tour.

I would enter EPCOT, and it was a gorgeous day!

I would make my way to The Land Pavilian where I would get in line for Soarin!

I’m really beginning to not like Soarin: Around the World. I miss the old film, or Disney could have done a better job at having locations that aren’t just CGI like the Egypt and India scenes (hopefully I didn’t ruin this for anyone).

I would then make my way across the pavilion to the Living With the Land attraction!

It was getting close to lunch time, and I wasn’t sure where I was wanting to go. I would decide to leave EPCOT and head back to Saratoga Springs.

Instead of heading up to my room though, I would walk to Disney Springs.

One place I was wanting to eat at on this trip, I didn’t have planned. That is because all of you decided to vote for Polite Pig. However, I was able to find a way to try Cookes of Dublin!

There wasn’t a lot of seating inside, but I got there around the time they opened. So, I was able to find a spot.

I would order the fish & chips! This was pretty good. Not my favorite fish & chips I have had. I think you would be better off going to Rose & Crown in EPCOT. This was a nice option for a quick service meal in Disney Springs, and it wasn’t overpriced.

I would walk around Disney Springs for a little bit before catching a bus to the Boardwalk Resort. This is where I would walk to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT.

I would make my way to the American Adventure where I would take in several performances of the Voices of Liberty. It’s like I’m a huge fan of them or something. :D

After a great afternoon listening to my favorite singing group, it was time for me to leave EPCOT.

I would take the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center where I would catch a Resort Monorail.

When I got on the Resort Monorail, I would take it to the Contemporary Resort where I had a great dinner planned for this evening that I was looking forward to the entire trip.

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are several videos of the Voices of Liberty singing some of my favorite songs.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “Danny Boy!”

The song “Danny Boy” is one of my favorite songs ever composed! It is absolutely beautiful and this arrangement doesn’t disappoint!

Voices of Liberty - “Fifty, Nifty, United States!”

The song “Fifty, Nifty, United States” has a very personal connection for me.

Hmm...I wonder what state I cheered for?

Voices of Liberty - “Love’s Old Sweet Song!

A beautiful ballad that the Voices of Liberty sing called “Love’s Old Sweet Song!”

Voices of Liberty - “God Bless America!”

A great arrangement of “God Bless America!"

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

I am mainly a lurker, but your videos of the Voices of Liberty have made my year! Also, I love your welcome to the happy place shirt. I may have just ordered it for my sister and myself and am having it delivered to our resort this Friday. You’ve made me want to venture into the depths of despair, other wise known as the 4th of July just to see “the voices”. Love your trip report!

What an incredible trip!!! You were able to do SO many things in all of the parks! Love your empty elevator and your very own IASW boat ride! I was really surprised by how empty the parks were the morning of the 4th of July! Having been there on Christmas Eve and Day and especially NYE, the parks are usually jam packed right away!

I am mainly a lurker, but your videos of the Voices of Liberty have made my year! Also, I love your welcome to the happy place shirt. I may have just ordered it for my sister and myself and am having it delivered to our resort this Friday. You’ve made me want to venture into the depths of despair, other wise known as the 4th of July just to see “the voices”. Love your trip report!

Thank you for reading my trip report! :)

I am glad that you have enjoyed my videos of my favorite singing group! :) If you ever decide to come on the 4th of July, just be prepared to wait. I'm going to have some incredible videos of the Voices of Liberty on my current trip report.

I wear that shirt a lot. It is one of my favorites. :)

What an incredible trip!!! You were able to do SO many things in all of the parks! Love your empty elevator and your very own IASW boat ride! I was really surprised by how empty the parks were the morning of the 4th of July! Having been there on Christmas Eve and Day and especially NYE, the parks are usually jam packed right away!

The empty elevator was definitely a highlight from this trip.

I was surprised about the 4th of July crowds as well, but I think it also depends on what park you go to. I always go to EPCOT on major holidays and that park definitely eats the larger crowds better than Magic Kingdom or the two other parks.

Day 7: Dinner At California Grill!

I would arrive at Disney’s Contemporary Resort where I would make my way to the dining reservation I was looking forward to the most on this trip. That place is California Grill!

It was time to make my way up the elevator! :)

Here is a picture of the menu:

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a table by the window, but I could see Cinderella’s Castle! :)

Very nice table setting.

The restaurant is very nice, and it definitely has a great view!

I would get bread and oil delivered to the table.

For my appetizer, I would get the Florida Corn Soup. I found this soup to be somewhere between “good” and “just ok.” I think I wasn’t expecting what was delivered. I still ate it, and I would get it again.

For my entree, I would get the Oak-fired Filet of Beef. I had heard a lot about this dish from different podcasts and reviews. I found the beef to be very good. The cook was exactly where I wanted it which was medium. I also enjoyed the mashed potatoes. I’m not much of an asparagus eater, but I did enjoy the asparagus on this dish.

In between my entree and dessert, a family got up from their table by the window. So, I made my way over to get some nice photos that I couldn’t get from my table.

I would then make my way back to my table where I would wait for my dessert.

I honestly can’t remember what I got for dessert, but when I looked at the menu, it looks like I got the creme brûlée. I apologize if this is incorrect. This was actually my favorite dish that I had. One of the best desserts I have had on Disney property.

I love the Mickey head made of sauce.

Overall, I really enjoyed my dinner at California Grill. It was my first time. So, I had no idea what to expect. I would like to return, and try some of the other food offerings.

The only complaint I have from this restaurant is how loud it was. I realize this is listed as a signature restaurant, but this was the loudest signature restaurant I have eaten at on Disney property. That means I am counting signature restaurants in the theme parks. If I am paying this kind of money for a signature restaurant experience, I don’t want to be getting a headache while I’m eating a nice meal.

More in my next post!

Day 7: An Evening in the Magic Kingdom + Happily Ever After From California Grill!

After dinner, I would walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary.

When I got into the Magic Kingdom, I wasn’t really sure what to do. I would end up not doing much, but I would do two of my favorite things at the Magic Kingdom.

I would have a fastpass for my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom which is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I would then make my way to the Hall of Presidents. I really like the Hall of Presidents for a very personal reason, and I also really like the changes they made to it.

I wasn’t planning on doing what I was going to do next, but I decided to leave the Magic Kingdom and make my way back to the Contemporary.

On my way out of the Magic Kingdom, I found a Walt Disney World cat!

I would make my way back to the Contemporary where I decided to head back up to the California Grill restaurant to watch Happily Ever After from the observation deck. As long as you dine at California Grill during the day, you can go back up to watch the fireworks if you keep your receipt.

It really is a nice view from the observation deck.

I was ready to see Happily Ever After from the top of the Contemporary!

The show would begin!

Happily Ever After was definitely interesting from California Grill. I honestly didn’t like it, and probably won’t watch this firework show from outside the Magic Kingdom again. Not being able to see the projections really diminishes this show more than I thought it would. I wish Disney would incorporate some projections on Space Mountain if possible for those staying at Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary.

After seeing the firework show, I made my way to the Contemporary bus stop where I took a bus back to Disney Springs. I decided to do this instead of walk back to the Magic Kingdom bus stop and take a bus to Saratoga Springs.

When I got back to my resort, I would take some time to swim in the pool close to my room.

It was then time to do the thing that everyone doesn’t want to do while on a Disney vacation. That thing is pack. :(

I would still have some park time the next day. So, stay tuned to find out where I went to next.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Happily Ever After Finale From California Grill!

Here is a video of the finale of Happily Ever After from the California Grill Observation Deck.

Happily Ever After Finale - California Grill!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing so many great details. The DAH at MK sounds phenomenal. I thought I did well getting 15+ attractions (2 being the lengthy train ride and Carousel of Progress) on my half day there during Labor Day week.....but wow! You did a TON in such a short time.

It was also interesting to learn you can watch Happily Ever After from Cali Grill if you ate there and bring your receipt back. Good to know. My family and I stayed at Bay Lake in a theme park view room in June and really enjoyed the fireworks view. But we have always been a family to watch the fireworks from afar....the Poly beach and such. I have never seen the night time show from INSIDE MK. My DD disliked loud noises (i.e., fireworks) when she was younger. Now that she is older and can tolerate them, I am reluctant because of the crowds.

You have great photographs...and I am so amazed at how well you know the Disney transportation system to get yourself to so many places with such efficiency!

So sorry you missed your MK tour! Thankful you were given a refund. That was a bit of Disney magic. You will have to do that tour on another trip.

I love when they do little touches like this :)

As long as you dine at California Grill during the day, you can go back up to watch the fireworks if you keep your receipt.
I just found out about this recently!!

We did the Highway in the Sky dine around in January and got to watch the fireworks from the Contemporary afterward (not at the California Grill, but another small balcony). I felt the same way you did. Missing out on the projections and even the sound quality wasn't so great, I just didn't enjoy it the way I thought I would.

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing so many great details. The DAH at MK sounds phenomenal. I thought I did well getting 15+ attractions (2 being the lengthy train ride and Carousel of Progress) on my half day there during Labor Day week.....but wow! You did a TON in such a short time.

It was also interesting to learn you can watch Happily Ever After from Cali Grill if you ate there and bring your receipt back. Good to know. My family and I stayed at Bay Lake in a theme park view room in June and really enjoyed the fireworks view. But we have always been a family to watch the fireworks from afar....the Poly beach and such. I have never seen the night time show from INSIDE MK. My DD disliked loud noises (i.e., fireworks) when she was younger. Now that she is older and can tolerate them, I am reluctant because of the crowds.

You have great photographs...and I am so amazed at how well you know the Disney transportation system to get yourself to so many places with such efficiency!

So sorry you missed your MK tour! Thankful you were given a refund. That was a bit of Disney magic. You will have to do that tour on another trip.
- On a normal park day, you did very well getting 15+ attractions done in the Magic Kingdom in a half day.

- I highly recommend seeing Happily Ever After from the Hub at least once.

- Thank you! With how often I have gone to the parks, I have gotten used to figuring out the best transportation options for where I am heading next. Hopefully I have given some great advice for some future trips!

- I was sad that I missed that tour, but I plan on doing it on a future trip. I'm just not sure when.

I love when they do little touches like this :)

I just found out about this recently!!

We did the Highway in the Sky dine around in January and got to watch the fireworks from the Contemporary afterward (not at the California Grill, but another small balcony). I felt the same way you did. Missing out on the projections and even the sound quality wasn't so great, I just didn't enjoy it the way I thought I would.

- It is definitely nice when Disney puts those small touches on the smallest of things.

- There really isn't anything like watching Happily Ever After from the Hub. I hope to watch it from behind the Castle one day since I hear that is pretty unique as well.

Day 8: My Favorite Theme Park + My Favorite Singing Group!

Sadly, this would be the day that I would leave Walt Disney World on this trip.

I would have a late start to the morning where I wouldn’t make it to Disney’s Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. I actually showed up about an hour and a half after the park opened.

I would make my way to Pandora where I had a fastpass for Flight of Passage! I had to get one more ride in on this amazing attraction.

After riding Flight of Passage, it was time for lunch. So, I made my way into Satuli Canteen where I order a chicken bowl.

I really like the details inside the restaurant.

Sadly, I would have a short trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I would make my way out of the park and catch a bus to the Yacht Club. This is where I would walk all the way into EPCOT and to the America Pavilion to see the Voices of Liberty one final time.

I would catch a couple shows before it was time for me to leave EPCOT.

I had to make my way back to Saratoga Springs so I can catch Disney’s Magical Express to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!