A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! Oct. 2-9, 2017! *COMPLETED 12/20*

Happy Halloween everyone! :jumping1:

This is the evening where you give away all of the candy you don't like that you received from two Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties this year!

Happy trick or treating!

My next updates will be out tomorrow!
So what did you give away? We gave out the skittles. There seemed to be thousands of skittles.:scared:
Happy Halloween!

Day 2: A Morning At My Favorite Park - Part 1!

Welcome to my 2nd day of my solo adventure travels! This day ended up being busier than I probably wanted it to, but it was a very fun day!

My day started by going to my favorite theme park at Walt Disney World, Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Pretty much everyone that was already in Animal Kingdom was heading to Pandora, so I decided to do the same thing. There was definitely a lot of people waiting for Pandora to open.

Pandora did something rather strange this morning. The land opened up 40 minutes before the regular park opening time.

As I got in the queue to for Flight of Passage, I got to get some really nice pictures of the land. The floating mountains are incredible.

Since they opened Pandora early, I got to see a different queue procedure for Flight of Passage. Fastpasses didn’t begin until 9 a.m. Once we hit a certain point in the cave portion of the stand-by queue, a cast member sent everyone down the fastpass queue up to the loading area. This means that we skipped the bioluminescence room and the lab. I was in the first video room at 9:05 a.m.

After taking a flight on what I think is the “best ride at Walt Disney World,” I left Pandora to explorer my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park.

I really started to take this part of my morning easy. I didn’t really have much planned at Animal Kingdom, because I planned this morning rather later in my trip planning. All of my fastpasses were at a different park, so I was really just taking it all in.
The main reason for me going to Animal Kingdom this morning was to get an extra ride on Flight of Passage this trip. I would eventually find myself exploring the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail.

I would find myself spotting a hippo sleeping underwater.

Z is for Zebra! :)

I finally found the gorillas!

More in Part 2!

Day 2: A Morning At My Favorite Park - Part 2!

Up next, I wanted to get a picture with one of my favorite Disney characters so I made my way to the Rafiki’s Planet Watch Train Station. I would be on the first train of the day!

The train to the Conservation Center offers a great look into some of the backstage animal areas.

I would arrive at Rafiki’s Planet Watch!

As I walked up to the Conservation building, I saw a porcupine playing on some logs around some animal trainers. It was really cute and part of me wanted to pet it (just kidding).

I was first in line to meet my favorite baboon, Rafiki!

Up next, I got to pet a guinea pig. So, I did get to pet one animal while I was here. Just not the porcupine.

I would then walk the path back to the train station and head back to Harambe.

On the train ride back, I really thought these huts were themed really well to the area.

When I got back to Harambe, I made my way to see the most popular and my favorite show on Walt Disney World property, the Festival of the Lion King!

Something new that started at Disney’s Animal Kingdom since the last time I was at Walt Disney World was that Timon began meeting guests in the park. So, after seeing him in Festival of the Lion King, I quickly went to figure out where he was to meet another favorite character of mine!

I would then get the best meet and greet photo I have ever taken. Timon wanted to do the “hide and pop out from behind a pole” game. So, that’s what we did and here is the end result.

After meeting Timon for the first time, it was time to leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom and head to the Magic Kingdom for a great rest of the day!

Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Part 1!

I arrived at the Magic Kingdom!

I really like the WD (Walt Disney) initials on the outside of the train station. Fun fact…The Main Street Train Station is the only building on Walt Disney World property that Walt Disney signed to build.

I would then climb the stairs to the train station, capture some pictures of Main Street, and then take the grand circle tour on the Walt Disney World Railroad!

Hurricane Irma damage was definitely still noticeable on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

We made it to the Frontierland Railroad Station. It is now time for my favorite route on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

Made it to Fantasyland/Storybook Circus!

I don’t really like how you can see outside of the Magic Kingdom while on the railroad at Walt Disney World.

I would arrive back at Main Street after a great grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. It was time for me to make my way towards Cinderella Castle and explorer the rest of the park!

I would make my way into Tomorrowland and the place wasn’t crowded at all!

Next, I went on the Peoplemover!!! This is one of my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom. I like to call it my “break.”

I would get in a front car!

The Peoplemover offers great views of Tomorrowland and Cinderella’s Castle!

Up next, I would have a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest Restaurant, so it was time to make my way to Fantasyland!

Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Part 2!

It was time for me to eat lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant! This is one of my favorite places on property to get lunch, so I was really looking forward to this meal.

I find the details of this restaurant to be amazing.

I would say I had a good view from my table. :)

I decided to get an appetizer, and I would get the Potato Leak Soup.

This was a lot better than the last couple times I had it. I thought it was very tasty, and I would definitely get it again.

For my entree, I ordered the French Dip Sandwich.

I get this sandwich every time I come to this restaurant for lunch. In my opinion, this sandwich is really good. I did have one problem though. My fries were ice cold. So, I had to wave down a waitress and ask for fresh fries.

So, I was able to get my warm fries and enjoy the rest of my meal. I have just had bad luck on this trip so far with cold food.

After a great lunch, it was time for me to walk to Frontierland to use my first fastpass of the trip! I would be going on my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom which is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Why is it my favorite ride you ask? "Because this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!"

I really like the geyser that is outside as you exit the ride. It really adds to the theming.

The views of the attraction are great from the exit as well.

Up next, it was time to use my second fastpass of the day by taking a voyage with some pirates. "Yoho, Yoho, A MUSIC…I mean PIRATES...life for me!" :)

I find parts of this queue to be really interesting. Especially when there are two cannons facing the boats as you board.

Every time I go past the auction scene now, I feel like I always say goodbye to it. I’m going to miss this scene a lot.

So how many more years is the dog going to continue to sit here and not give the key to the pirates?

I really like how Pirates of the Caribbean has a photopass photo now. However, I find it awkward where they have it. A flash basically comes out of nowhere.

After hearing Pirates sing, I figured I would go hear some birds sing. Yep, that means I went to see Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room! This show is much better at Disneyland, because some of the small changes really bother me at the Walt Disney World version.

I would then use my final fastpass of the day which was for the Jungle Cruise! As I went on this attraction, you could definitely tell that it was hit hard by Hurricane Irma. I was able to “see” things before they even came up on the ride. Also, I found the water to be a lot more brown than normal.

I was very tempted to not get on this Jungle Cruise Boat…

Noticeable Hurricane Irma debris:

I really like this version of the Jungle Cruise. I like how unique it is by adding the temple scene.

It was then time for me to get my wristband for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!!! I would make my way back to the area by Pirates of the Caribbean where I would get the wristband and my trick-or-treat bag.

(Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party updates will be posted tomorrow.)

Good updates!

Believe it or not Gorilla Falls is something I have not done at AK.

The meal at BoG looks good despite the cold fries.

We gave out the skittles, too!
But...I LOVE skittles! :D

Good updates!

Believe it or not Gorilla Falls is something I have not done at AK.

The meal at BoG looks good despite the cold fries.

Gorilla Falls is a nice area with several different animal areas. Where the zebras are, they have meerkats. Those are some of my favorite animals to watch, but they weren't out at the time I went by.

So far, I like BoG for lunch more than dinner. I have only been to dinner once and had a bad experience. I really want to give it another try at dinner though.

Great updates! Glad to be joining in for another trip report. In spite of your food being cold, it certainly looks good in pictures! I'm going to get some Chinese food tonight now that I've seen your Nine Dragons pictures. Lol.

The Peole Mover and the railroad are two of the best “ breaks” one could take in the park. So much fun to see the sights from those attractions.

That is an odd way to enter the FoP queue. I’ve never gotten a FP for it in all the times I’ve been on it so I’ve never seen that part of the queue (although I did find the hand prints and initials of the imagineers this last trip).

AK is such a great place to explore. There always seem to be new details to discover in that particular park.

Have to agree with you on BOG, it’s a great place for lunch!

Great updates! Glad to be joining in for another trip report. In spite of your food being cold, it certainly looks good in pictures! I'm going to get some Chinese food tonight now that I've seen your Nine Dragons pictures. Lol.
Glad to have you joining in for another trip report! Chinese food is my weakness. I might have to go get some Chinese food tomorrow now lol. :D

The Peole Mover and the railroad are two of the best “ breaks” one could take in the park. So much fun to see the sights from those attractions.

That is an odd way to enter the FoP queue. I’ve never gotten a FP for it in all the times I’ve been on it so I’ve never seen that part of the queue (although I did find the hand prints and initials of the imagineers this last trip).

AK is such a great place to explore. There always seem to be new details to discover in that particular park.

Have to agree with you on BOG, it’s a great place for lunch!
I cana agree with the railroad/peoplemover being the best breaks. However, the Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress, and Hall of Presidents offer air conditioning. :)

The FP queue for FoP is uneventful lol.

I cana agree with the railroad/peoplemover being the best breaks. However, the Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress, and Hall of Presidents offer air conditioning. :)

The FP queue for FoP is uneventful lol.
Agreed. I’ve never seen Country Bear Jamboree though. That’s next on the list.

Agreed. I’ve never seen Country Bear Jamboree though. That’s next on the list.
It used to be at Disneyland before it left and was replaced by the Winnie the Pooh attraction. My Dad was very upset when that closed. My Dad always has to stop in and say hi to Big Al when we are at WDW.

Day 2: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

It was time to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! I attended the party on October 3rd.

At 4 p.m, you are able to get your wristband and trick-or-treat bag for the party. So, I found myself getting my wristband right next to Pirates of the Caribbean. If you are already in the Magic Kingdom, you don’t have to go all the way back to the entrance of the park to receive your party materials.

After getting my wristband, I walked as fast as I could to the gazebo where I would get in line to meet Jack & Sally. I got in line at 4:05 p.m, and the line was already building fast. I believe Jack & Sally came out around 5:15 p.m.

So, they started meeting at the Gazebo. This area is really themed well with Nightmare Before Christmas decorations.

I would wait about half an hour once they came out. I had quite the conversation with them starting with me asking where Zero was. :D

I would then grab some dinner at Columbia Harbour House. This is my favorite quick service location in the Magic Kingdom.

I would get fried shrimp and that comes with fries and cole slaw. This is my favorite dish to get here.

I had a great view from my window on the 2nd floor of the restaurant.

After eating, I decided I would meet Jack Sparrow. So, I made my way to the meet and greet location next to Pirates of the Caribbean. I got in line at 6:25 p.m. and I was 4th in line. Jack Sparrow would come out at 7 p.m. I had another great conversation with Jack that lasted quite a while because we were trying to figure out where his compass was. :D

Next, it was time to go trick-or-treating in the Magic Kingdom! I went to all of the locations in Adventureland and most of the locations in Frontierland.

I would then go on Big Thunder Railroad for the second time this day since it was basically a walk-on.

Frontierland during the party has lights on the buildings that will change different colors throughout the party.

Up next, it was time to ride the Haunted Mansion! The Haunted Mansion Cast Members go above and beyond during the Halloween Party. I had to ride the Haunted Mansion for that reason.

After riding the Haunted Mansion, I made my way to trick-or-treat in the Mickey’s Philharmagic Theater. I also took a seat for a couple minutes and watched Mickey & Friends Halloween Films.

I would then make my way to Main Street and take in the atmosphere of the party.

After a nice stroll down Main Street, I made my way to Frontierland to find a spot for Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade!

Day 2: MNSSHP - Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade!

I would find a nice spot for the first parade along the parade route. I’m rather tall, so I don’t necessarily need the front row spots. I’m always fine with being a little further back in a crowd for that reason.

Now, this was my 3rd Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The two previous parties I had been to, it had rained which meant that I had never seen the Headless Horseman. Finally, 3rd time was the charm! I finally got to see the Headless Horseman! He came out about 5 minutes before the parade was scheduled to start.

It was now time for the parade that many Walt Disney World fans call their favorite at the Magic Kingdom. Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade is a great parade, but I prefer the Christmas Parade. Christmas is my favorite time of the year to visit any Disney Theme Park.

So, enjoy the many pictures that I took of this parade:

The grave diggers are my favorite part of the parade. :)

I really wonder why there has to be a chicken in this parade? :D

Lion King hyenas! :)

This really was a great parade!

I would then make my way to Main Street to find a great spot for HalloWishes!

Day 2: MNSSHP - HalloWishes Firework Spectacular!

I would find a spot for HalloWishes in the Hub. I was able to find a great spot along the railing about 30 minutes before the firework show was scheduled to start.

HalloWishes is a great firework show. However, I wish they started to incorporate more of the projection technology that Happily Ever After has. I can possibly see this show changing in the near future because of that reason.

Enjoy the many pictures of the show:

HalloWishes includes the 180-degree perimeter fireworks that the Magic Kingdom has for many of their Holiday Firework Shows.

HalloWishes will always be a favorite of mine. If you ever go to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, make sure you watch this show from the Hub. The 180-degree perimeter fireworks are the best from that spot.

It was now time for me to experience something new, so I made my way to the Cinderella Castle Stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!