A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! Oct. 2-9, 2017! *COMPLETED 12/20*

Day 2: MNSSHP - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular + Rest of Party!

I started to make my way toward Cinderella Castle to experience something for the first time.

During this party, I decided I would see the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. I am one that normally doesn’t like seeing the Castle stage shows, but I figured I would give this one a try. I have also never seen the movie, so I wouldn’t really understand any references. I particularly wanted to see this show for the final scene when most of all the Disney villains come out.

Enjoy the pictures of the show:

Overall, I really enjoyed the show. I think this is the best Castle stage show that they have at the Magic Kingdom. I particularly liked all of the projections on the Castle.

After the show, I started making my way to Fantasyland. While I was walking, I got a side picture of Cinderella Castle.

I would eventually get in line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train since this was my only opportunity to ride it this trip. It was about a 20 minute wait which I thought was worth it.

After going through the Seven Dwarfs Mine, I made my way across the path and rode Winnie the Pooh. This is a really nice ride. There was no wait at this point in the party. I also think the queue is a really fun one especially for kids.

After riding Winnie the Pooh, I realized I was really tired. It had been a long day, so I started making my way to the park exit. When I reached Main Street, I got to see part of Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade as it was showing for the 2nd time.

It was time to leave the Magic Kingdom after another great Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! This was also the first Halloween Party that I had been to where it had not rained.

I would make my way to the All-Star Music bus stop so that I could catch the bus and get a good nights rest. The next day would be one of the most interesting days I have ever spent at Walt Disney World!

Love your coverage of MNSSHP. It looks like a fun party and you were able to get a lot done between the parade, the fireworks, the show, rides and meet and greets!

Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade is a great parade, but I prefer the Christmas Parade. Christmas is my favorite time of the year to visit any Disney Theme Park.

I'm quite looking forward to Christmas festivities myself. I actually had a nightmare the other night that I missed the Christmas Parade at MVMCP. Lol!

Love your coverage of MNSSHP. It looks like a fun party and you were able to get a lot done between the parade, the fireworks, the show, rides and meet and greets!

I'm quite looking forward to Christmas festivities myself. I actually had a nightmare the other night that I missed the Christmas Parade at MVMCP. Lol!
They do a great job with this party. I could have gotten a couple more things done, but as the party went along, I really started to go slower. It was a choice that I made since I had already been to a party this year.

Looks like a great day at the party! I have never been to the Halloween party. You should watch Hocus Pocus at some point.
I would consider watching it. It's just Halloween is my least favorite holiday, so I just haven't had interest. I really want to go to a Christmas Party sometime, but that won't happen this year.

Day 3: Backstage Magic Tour!

***Due to the nature of this tour, this update will not see a lot of pictures. I will be sharing the pictures that Disney took, as well as, the photos I was allowed to take on several parts of the tour.***

Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting day on my recent Walt Disney World vacation!

On this day, I would be taking the Backstage Magic Tour. I was really excited about this since I would be seeing things that I have never seen before, and I don’t know if I was ready for everything that was ahead of me.

My day started by heading to EPCOT to catch the tour. I would go through security and find the “EPCOT guided tours” sign.

We would quickly meet our guides and the tour would start. We would begin by taking a picture of Spaceship Earth with the Backstage Magic sign.

After taking a picture, we walked backstage and boarded a bus. We would drive around the backstage of EPCOT before arriving right behind the American Adventure Pavilion.

We would then walk to the front part of the American Adventure where we would talk about a lot of World Showcase and EPCOT in general. It was really weird to be in that part of World Showcase with no guests there yet, but I really liked it.

We would then talk about the American Adventure. Did you know the American Adventure building is actually a 5-story building? It really looks like it is a 3-story building. That is due to the design strategy of forced perspective.

We would then walk backstage again and go into the American Adventure show staging area. This is where we would get up close and see several of the animatronics in the show. Sadly, we were not able to see the show testing while we were inside like we were hoping we would, but it was still really neat to hear how this attraction works.

After learning more about the American Adventure attraction, we headed back to the bus. We would then drive to Creative Costuming. This is where Disney makes the costumes for all of our favorite Disney characters and much more! I got to see several things here that I never thought I would see. We were reminded on the tour that the Great Move Ride had previously closed, but it was amazing to see that different departments are able to take things from retired attractions and put them in their departments. So, for example, I saw a backdrop from the attraction and one of the singing in the rain dancers in this building. The highlight for me from this location was that I got to be right next to the original costumes for the performers in Rivers of Light. I also got to feel the fabric that they used, but we were not allowed to touch the original costumes. So, after taking a tour of Creative Costuming, we headed back to the bus and we were on our way to our next location.

Our next location was Textile Services. This location is where we got to see where all of our bed sheets, pillow covers, towels, etc. are cleaned. This place is covered with Disney character heads designed in bubbles. I thought it was cute, but they literally were EVERYWHERE! Our guides told us that the workers here wanted to see something “Disney” everyday since they can easily forget they are working for Disney. It was also interesting to see that our laundry goes on the longest ride at Walt Disney World. I was slightly jealous of the ride that they get to go on. As we left, our tour yelled “THANK YOU!” to the cast members handling our laundry. We were glad that we got to give Cast Members a magical moment since they usually don’t see guests. We would head back to the bus and it was time for lunch!

We were on our way to Wilderness Lodge. It would be time for lunch, and we would be heading into “KETCHUP!!!”…I mean Whispering Canyon. If you don’t get the reference, then go to Whispering Canyon and ask for ketchup. :D

We would be sat together as a group, so it was nice to finally get to know some of the other people on the tour.

Our meal consisted of corn bread which was so good. I love corn bread so I was probably biased.

We would then get a platter that had beans, corn, mashed potatoes, and several different types of meat. I found the food to be delicious. I really liked the potatoes and I found the corn to be good as well. The meat was good, but I know I’ve had better at other places around property. It was still good and worth the visit.

We would then receive dessert, and I apologize, but I can’t recall what the dessert was. All I remember is I did not like it at all. It was probably just not my type of dessert.

After a nice meal, we would then get on the bus and head to our next location. The location coming up was the location I was looking forward to most on this tour. We would be heading to Central Shops. Central Shops is where they work on ride vehicles, store the paint seen throughout Walt Disney World, and also where they build things for upcoming attractions. So, we would walk around, and I could literally touch the rhino from the Jungle Cruise if I was allowed to. We also got to see a Dinosaur attraction vehicle up close, as well as, other vehicles form other attractions. We would walk by the paint area, and then we would walk up to outside the audio animatronic room. However, we didn’t go in there, but there was something right by there that we got to take a picture with.

*GAME TIME*

I am not going to tell you where this is from until the end of this update. However, I want you to type what you think and respond with the answer that you originally typed. NO CHEATING!!! :D So, I got to take a picture with an animatronic from a ride. Now, where could you have found this animatronic? I will post the answer at the end.

So, having a picture with this Polar Bear was a definite highlight. While we were walking back, we saw this black tarp up in the Central Shops area. Our guides informed us that things being built for Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land were behind this tarp. I was very tempted to bust through it, but I wanted to enjoy the rest of my trip.

We would then get back on the bus and head to the Magic Kingdom. Here is where we got to do something else that I have never been able to do, but I have always wanted to. I was able to go in the utilidor tunnels!!! This was so cool to be there for the first time, but they really are nothing special. I find it interesting how you can get from one side of the park to the next very quickly.

After exploring the utilidors, we got back on the bus and made our way back to EPCOT. This is where we would say goodbye to our guides and the tour was over.

Our guides were amazing. The guides were filled with so much information, and it was great to have guides that actually knew what they were talking about. I say that because I have been on tours where guides have said something that is completely false (one time happened later in this trip). The guides shared a lot of stories that I already knew, but it’s always great to hear stories again.

The Backstage Magic Tour gives you a pin to remember the tour by.

ANSWER TO GAME TIME: The Polar Bear could have been found back in the day when
Maelstrom was still in EPCOT.

I hope you enjoyed my update about the Backstage Magic Tour!

Day 3: Disney Springs + My Farewell To La Nouba!

Since my Backstage Magic Tour ended at 4 p.m, I figured I would go to Disney Springs and get some dinner before seeing a show for the final time. Busses to Disney Springs begin at 4 p.m. each day from the parks.

I would end up walking around Disney Springs and taking the atmosphere in. I really like this place now that it has been updated. Some of the food locations that have been added are amazing as well.

I would go into the World of Disney Store which is the largest Disney Store in the world (unless another store has taken it over that I am not aware of). I always have to withhold buying anything here, because I usually want a lot of it.

I would do some more walking around Disney Springs.

My dinner location would be probably one of my new go-to places on property. This would be my 3rd time eating at D-Luxe Burger and each time I have eaten here, it has been amazing!

I would end up getting the Barbecue Burger, and it was so delicious. I highly recommend it!! I would also order some fries which I also found to be really good.

I had a great view as I ate at D-Luxe Burger.

I would then make my way to the other side of Disney Springs as I walked towards my next location.

There is definitely some construction still happening at Disney Springs. I can’t wait for the construction to be complete across property.

I finally arrived at the Cirque Du Soleil Theater!

I would be seeing Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba for the final time. I had seen it once before so this was my second time seeing it. This show has a personal connection to me though. I participated in marching band when I was in high school. During my sophomore year of high school, the music of our field show was from La Nouba. So, I was very excited to see this show again for that reason. I was also sad to say goodbye to it.

If you are going to go to Walt Disney World before December 31, 2017, I highly recommend seeing this show! It is a great way to see something away from the parks, and it will be missed when it leaves.

After the show, I would catch a cab to Bay Lake Tower, because I was on my way to the Magic Kingdom!

*Stay tuned for more updates!*

Awesome update! That tour seems like it is a great idea for someone who is a big Disney Parks fan, like yourself. Especially someone who has been to the parks many times.

These updates really seem like you got to do some new cool stuff. Unique stuff that most people will never do.

Awesome update! That tour seems like it is a great idea for someone who is a big Disney Parks fan, like yourself. Especially someone who has been to the parks many times.

These updates really seem like you got to do some new cool stuff. Unique stuff that most people will never do.
That was a goal of this trip. I wanted to do things that were unique and things I haven’t done. The tour was definitely interesting, and I loved it! I just don’t know if I would do it again. I know the tour changes constantly with what you would see and experience in the different places so it definitely has a repeatability factor to it. It’s just an expensive tour.

The tour is definitely great if you are a huge Disney fan and just want to see how things are done.

I know the tour changes constantly with what you would see and experience in the different places so it definitely has a repeatability factor to it. It’s just an expensive tour.

Totally agree with you. I wish it was clear how often the tour changes. When I went on the same tour, about 2 weeks later, it was the exact same locations in the same order. Really enjoyed it. A few places I wouldn't mind going back to because there is so much to see. But doing the exact same tour would not be as enjoyable.

Totally agree with you. I wish it was clear how often the tour changes. When I went on the same tour, about 2 weeks later, it was the exact same locations in the same order. Really enjoyed it. A few places I wouldn't mind going back to because there is so much to see. But doing the exact same tour would not be as enjoyable.
I have an update coming up where I feel the same about doing a tour again that hadn’t changed. I feel like this tour would still go to the same locations. Just what you might see would be different. For example, I feel like Central Shops would be different.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom + Happily Ever After!

After a great time at Disney Springs, I took a cab to Bay Lake Tower. That is because I was on my way to the Magic Kingdom. I would walk from Bay Lake Tower to the Magic Kingdom which was very easy and convenient.

When I arrived in the Magic Kingdom, I headed right for the Main Street Theater! That is because I had a fastpass to meet talking Mickey!

When I finally got in to meet Mickey, for some reason he didn’t want to talk to me. He just stayed silent (Mickey had technical issues). So, we did a lot of high FOURing and told him about my wonderful day so far.

After meeting Mickey, I walked down Main Street to find a spot for Happily Ever After!

Happily Ever After was going to begin within 30 minutes of me meeting Mickey. So, being solo, I was able to find a spot in the Hub relatively easy still. It helps that I’m tall.

Happily Ever After to me actually has more meaning than Wishes ever did. I still really liked Wishes, but I love the story of Happily Ever After. I know people have complained that it doesn’t have a story, but it really does. The story is told by the opening and closing speech/song, as well as, the Disney songs that were chosen to be played throughout the show. This show definitely has a great story by saying to go find your “Happily Ever After” whether that is a job, someone you would like to marry, or any other way that you can think of that the story of the show is speaking to you.

So, please enjoy the pictures I took of this amazing show:

During the Pirates of the Caribbean scene, I love how the “battle” makes it so you can barely see the castle.

I hope you enjoyed my pictures of Happily Ever After.

After seeing a great show, it was time for me to go explorer some of the other areas of the Magic Kingdom since I still had 2 fastpasses to use!

Day 3: More Magic Kingdom!

After seeing Happily Ever After, I made my way over to my favorite ride in the park which is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Riding this attraction at night really makes a difference. This ride is known as the “wildest ride in the wilderness,” and it definitely lives up to its name during the evening! I also always like to say hi to Billy the Goat!

After riding my favorite attraction, I made my way over to Fantasyland since I had a fastpass for an attraction over there. Since I had some time to kill, I decided to get on some attractions that were a walk-on. One of those attractions was the "cruise around the world that gets a song stuck in your head." That would be It’s A Small World!

Up next, I would walk down the path a little ways to see Mickey’s Philharmagic! I really like this show a lot. I feel like that is due to my music background though.

I would then use my final fastpass for the evening on Peter Pan’s Flight. I don’t understand why this very short ride requires a fastpass, but I enjoy it enough to use a fastpass for it. I just can’t see myself waiting 60-90 minutes for Peter Pan unless I’m at Disneyland.

After riding Peter Pan, I made my way to ride my final attraction of the night. That would be the Carousel!

I would then make my way towards the exit of the park by walking through Cinderella’s Castle!

It had been a great day, but a really long day. I was happy to make my way toward the bus stop and head back to All-Star Music to get some rest. It would be another busy day the next day, and I can’t wait to tell all of you about it!

I have always wanted to do a tour but never have. Maybe I finally will now that I have an AP and will be venturing to WDW more. The polar bear was from maelstrom (no cheating). I did Whispering Canyon in January and really enjoyed it. I didn't have that dessert though.

D-Luxe is a great quick service even though it can be a little pricey.

I have never met talking Mickey. I also need to see HEA. Looks like an awesome day overall.

I have always wanted to do a tour but never have. Maybe I finally will now that I have an AP and will be venturing to WDW more. The polar bear was from maelstrom (no cheating). I did Whispering Canyon in January and really enjoyed it. I didn't have that dessert though.

D-Luxe is a great quick service even though it can be a little pricey.

I have never met talking Mickey. I also need to see HEA. Looks like an awesome day overall.
Thank you for not cheating. :) I agree D-Luxe Burger is pricy, but they have the best burgers I have had on property. In regards to HEA, it sounds like you will be busy on your next trip. :)

Love HEA! My avatar pic is from one of my HEA photos.
The tour looked like a lot of fun! It's always interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter