A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! Oct. 2-9, 2017! *COMPLETED 12/20*

Hello everyone! I am back after a long 7 days on the high seas aboard the Disney Wonder! I know I promised all of you a trip report about this trip. However, due to circumstances out of Disney's control (and some in Disney's control), I feel like doing a trip report on this cruise wouldn't be worth it. There were some things that happened that would really hinder what I felt about this cruise, but to be honest, my Dad and I still had a great time!

I will resume my updates from my October trip beginning tomorrow, and I hope to have my trip report done within the next couple of weeks.

Keep a look-out for an announcement on my next trip report where I will be traveling to a location that means so much to me! :)

Day 4: A Rainy Morning at the Studios!

Welcome to day 4 of my vacation! On this day, I woke up to pouring rain. So, would I let some rain stop me from having some fun? Nope! I was off to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I arrived to a park full of ponchos and wet pathways, but I was also in the park where the majority of things are inside. I guess that was good planning on my part.

I made my way to PIXAR studios to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. I arrived pretty close to rope drop so the line wasn’t that bad yet.

I would get the “Best in Vehicle” with a score of 235,600.

Up next, I would make my way to Tower of Terror to use my first fastpass of the day. It was still pretty early in the day, so it wasn’t worth it at all.

After experiencing Tower of Terror, I had a bit of time to kill. So, what did I do? I made my way over to the NEW Walt Disney Presents! This is where Disney recently opened up models of Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, and it still had several aspects of One Man’s Dream.

I love this picture of Walt Disney!

Model of Tower of Terror:

Spaceship Earth Model:

As someone who is a huge fan of the Toy Story franchise, I am really excited about this new land! Toy Story is actually my favorite Disney/Pixar film behind the Lion King.

Here are pictures of the Toy Story Land Model:

I really can’t wait for Toy Story Land to open!

Up next, I walked to where they had some of the Star Wars Land Models on display.

Here are some pictures of the Star Wars Land Models:

Probably the one thing I was really excited about to see in this area is I came during a time where they were showing the original Walt Disney film instead of movie previews. It was great to see the original film again, and I wish Disney would keep that film running in this theater instead of putting any movie previews that we can watch online. I know the previews they normally show here are exclusive to the parks, but I don’t need to see part of a movie that I will end up seeing anyways. So, I was really happy that I got to see the Walt Disney film again.

After experiencing the new Walt Disney Presents, I had a fastpass for Rock N’ Rollercoaster! This is definitely one of my favorite rollercoasters on Walt Disney World property.

I would get off after riding in my super-stretch limousine and make my way over to the theater where I would watch Beauty and the Beast. I found this really interesting, because I found myself sitting right behind the tech booth. I have done a lot of this work before, so I found it interesting to see some aspects on how this show works. I’ll preserve the magic and not say anything about it. :D

Beauty and the Beast is really a great show, but I think it is time for another show. That show has been running a long time, and it is outdated in certain aspects of the show.

Day 4: A Rainy Day Continues + My Favorite Restaurant!

After seeing Beauty and the Beast, the rain decided to come down again, and it decided that it would pour. This made it for a lot of people to take cover however they could. I mostly did to get my poncho on and I was off to my next location.

Rain will not stop this Disney fanatic!

My next stop would be Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Now with the rain, I was worried that this show would be canceled. However, it was not. They do not do the beginning scene and the last scene. They really just do the middle scene, so it was a rather disappointing show. I would not recommend seeing this show when it is raining.

After an interesting show, it was time for me to leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I would end up taking one of the Friendship Boats over to EPCOT for some food at the Food & Wine Booths!

When I arrived at EPCOT, I was greeted by the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival sign!

The first Food & Wine food item I would try would be the Filet Mignon from Canada. I thought this was ok. I prefer raw mushrooms over cooked mushrooms, and I found the filet mignon to be tender. It was worth the price, but I don’t know if I would get it again.

I would then get the Salmon from the Coastal Eats Booth. I thought this was really tasty. Salmon is my favorite type of fish, and I really like how they complimented the salmon with the side choice.

The Chew was filming at Walt Disney World this week!

I would then find myself walking to the other side of World Showcase to listen to several performances of the Voices of Liberty. They perform daily inside the American Adventure building, and they are my absolute favorite thing to see and do when I’m at Walt Disney World. This singing group is amazing!

After several performances by my favorite singing group, it was time to leave EPCOT. I would make my way over to the Boardwalk and eat at my favorite restaurant!

Currently, my favorite restaurant on Walt Disney World property is the Flying Fish!

I find the decorations inside the restaurant to be very contemporary, and I really like them.

The dinner here comes with bread and butter.

I decided to splurge a little bit and get a virgin strawberry daiquiri. That is because I do not drink alcohol.

When dining here, you might have a good view of the cooks making your dinner.

I would have the Golden Tomato Bisque soup as an appetizer. I found this soup to be nice. I just remember I liked their previous soup more, but this is still a great option.

For my entree, I had to get the scallops again. The scallops at this restaurant are delicious, and I really like the black pasta that comes with it now. Even if I liked the original scallops dish more, I’ll keep coming back for this dish.

For dessert, I ended up getting a non-alcoholic version of the Peanut Butter Freeze. This drink is phenomenal! I highly recommend trying it if you like peanut butter, but it is a pricy drink.

After enjoying a great dinner at Flying Fish, I would then walk back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

Day 4: Your Vote is Revealed!

I arrived back at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to enjoy some of the evening entertainment. I would have some time to kill so I decided to walk into the shops along the main pathway to see if there was anything I liked. I resisted and didn’t buy several things. :D

After looking in the shops, I really just walked around and took in the atmosphere. That is the atmosphere that is still left at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I really can’t wait for everything to open. This park needs Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land to open soon.

Now, since I was in the mood of thinking about those two lands, I decided to go back to Walt Disney Presents and take a much closer look at the models. While I was there, I noticed something that I somehow missed earlier in the day. They have a wall dedicated to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway which is replacing the Great Movie Ride.

I would then go and get a spot for the evening’s entertainment.

Now, before my trip to Walt Disney World, some of you might remember a poll that I posted asking you if you would rather have me see Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular/Disney Movie Magic or Fantasmic. There was no way I was seeing both scenarios on this trip, so I wanted to know what my readers wanted me to see.

Your choice was…

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and Disney Movie Magic!!!

I will say this was a great choice by all of you. Most of you know I grew up around Disneyland, so if you had me see Fantasmic, most of you probably know I would have ripped that show apart. Yep! If you can’t tell, I’m not a huge fan of the Walt Disney World version of Fantasmic. Disneyland’s version > Walt Disney World’s version by several miles!

So, I would end up finding a spot for the show in the main hub area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

While waiting, the storm troopers paid us a visit.

Next, it was time for Disney Movie Magic. Enjoy the pictures of the show.

I’ll be surprised if any of you can pick out the movie from this picture below. It is one of my favorite movies Disney has done.

Disney Movie Magic was a great show. It encompasses a lot of the Disney live-action films which I think is great! I can see this show eventually becoming the firework show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I think it would be more popular than the Star Wars show, because not everyone is a Star Wars fan. I was definitely surprised with some of the movies they included in this, but overall, it was a great show.

Now it was time for the main show of the evening. That is Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular! Enjoy the pictures of the show.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of the show. Now, my review is going to be based on me being a Star Wars fan. This show is great, the fireworks are timed very well, and the projections are awesome. Now, I would wish there were more fireworks, but the projections are interesting as it is. Therefore, I can see why they don’t have as many. I am very interested to see how they incorporate The Last Jedi into the show.

So, this was my day 4 at Walt Disney World updates! Keep a look out for my updates from day 5 of my trip coming soon!

Hello everyone! I am back after a long 7 days on the high seas aboard the Disney Wonder! I know I promised all of you a trip report about this trip. However, due to circumstances out of Disney's control (and some in Disney's control), I feel like doing a trip report on this cruise wouldn't be worth it. There were some things that happened that would really hinder what I felt about this cruise, but to be honest, my Dad and I still had a great time!

I will resume my updates from my October trip beginning tomorrow, and I hope to have my trip report done within the next couple of weeks.

Keep a look-out for an announcement on my next trip report where I will be traveling to a location that means so much to me! :)
Oh no-what happened?

Are you going back to Disneyland?

Love the little fish accents hanging in Flying Fish. Never been there as no one here eats seafood but that peanut butter drink may draw us in. Someone in my house *might* have a serious peanut butter obsession.:rolleyes1

The SW pics look great! I’m with you on Fantasmic at WDW. It is so hyped but we never really though it was anything great. I’ve never seen the DL version, though.

that peanut butter drink may draw us in. Someone in my house *might* have a serious peanut butter obsession.

As someone who has peanut butter as a "red flag" food, this drink is AWESOME. Especially the adult version, which I have had on two different occasions. I am sure that the non-alcoholic version that Zach had is just as tasty.

I specifically took my father there for dinner one time just so I could have the drink at the end of the meal. When I stayed at the Boardwalk last June, as I walked by the Flying Fish I kept thinking about the drink. It was that good to me.

I just returned from my own WDW trip and so have gotten all caught up with your report again! I didn't get to see the star wars fireworks at DHS, so I hope there will be a next time for me so I can go see them. I feel like DHS is not even a full day park, but the way they time their shows and stuff makes it impossible to see everything in a decent amount of time SMH. I agree with you, that Star Wars and Toy Story Land need to open ASAP.

Love the little fish accents hanging in Flying Fish. Never been there as no one here eats seafood but that peanut butter drink may draw us in. Someone in my house *might* have a serious peanut butter obsession.:rolleyes1

The SW pics look great! I’m with you on Fantasmic at WDW. It is so hyped but we never really though it was anything great. I’ve never seen the DL version, though.
I haven't had it, but I have heard the non-seafood items are also good at Flying Fish. The drink is amazing!!! It's expensive, but amazing!!!

As someone who has peanut butter as a "red flag" food, this drink is AWESOME. Especially the adult version, which I have had on two different occasions. I am sure that the non-alcoholic version that Zach had is just as tasty.

I specifically took my father there for dinner one time just so I could have the drink at the end of the meal. When I stayed at the Boardwalk last June, as I walked by the Flying Fish I kept thinking about the drink. It was that good to me.
Yep, the drink is just as good even if I haven't had the alcoholic version. Do you know if the drink is also at the AbracadaBar?

I just returned from my own WDW trip and so have gotten all caught up with your report again! I didn't get to see the star wars fireworks at DHS, so I hope there will be a next time for me so I can go see them. I feel like DHS is not even a full day park, but the way they time their shows and stuff makes it impossible to see everything in a decent amount of time SMH. I agree with you, that Star Wars and Toy Story Land need to open ASAP.
Glad you caught up. I would be interested to hear how your WDW trip went.

With my recent experience, I could easily get DHS done in 5-6 hours. That is if I rope drop and if I hit the shows exactly. I didn't include any meet and greets besides maybe the ones in Star Wars Launch Bay.

Do you know if the drink is also at the AbracadaBar?

That I do not know. I only went to the AbracadaBar one time over a year ago. My friends and I had drinks there before eating at the Flying Fish. I don't recall the Peanut Butter Freeze being on the menu. But then again, I wasn't looking for that type of drink before dinner. Given that they are right by each other, you may be able to get it if you ask. The worse they could do is say no.

That I do not know. I only went to the AbracadaBar one time over a year ago. My friends and I had drinks there before eating at the Flying Fish. I don't recall the Peanut Butter Freeze being on the menu. But then again, I wasn't looking for that type of drink before dinner. Given that they are right by each other, you may be able to get it if you ask. The worse they could do is say no.
Gotcha. I have only walked through the AbracadaBar, so I haven't looked at the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts