A Successful September-W.I.S.H. Goals

Today's questions. My mom tells me all the time what i should and what i should eat. I do get mad at her at times. She doesn't get it. She has always been sickly thin. She was misdiagnosed with IBS for 20 years when she really had Celiacs. Food made her sick so she only ate because she had too not because she wanted to. I know she just wants the best though. I try. I have good days and bad days. We talk about this all the time. SHe just says you need to stop eating this stuff. We eat pretty good most days but other we don't. We are working on that. My biggest problem is moving. I sit all day. I need to make it a point to get 10,000 steps a day. She is a teacher and moves more then me. Plus she is not having to run kids around anymore. She has time. So I ignore her at times when she gets like this.

So for today’s topic of conversation-Did you ever have anyone in your life bring up your weight to you?
How did it make you feel? What did you say to them-or wished you had said to them? Do you think there’s ever a good reason to talk about weight with someone?

I cannot imagine that someone who is overweight does not know that is an issue. However, I found out recently that someone whom I know was starting to develop an eating disorder and was getting too thin. I felt very guilty about not thinking about it because this person was always very slim. But in hindsight I should have seen the warning signs. The good news is that it came out because of something else and was dealt with and I have seen progress there, so I hope it was only a blimp. But I am not sure going on about having to put on some weight would have changed anything...

I do agree with @Oneanne that one of the best ways might be to just promote a healthier lifestyle by getting the other person to join into healthy things. I have told this story many times, but when I was at university I ended up with three girlfriends who all were size zero girls. We had a fantastic group and they never made be feel bad about being the only fat one in the group (and at that time I was quite heavy!). But we would often cook together and two of them were vegetarians at the time, so everything we made was heavy with vegetables and I finally found some forms of veggies that I liked. When I said that I felt that I needed to add some exercise into my life to lose some weight, they immediately adopted me to go with them to their fitness classes at the university. And sometimes, when I was complaining, they would tell me quite directly that I could expect to eat that huge slice of cake and expect to drop three pounds after wards. BUT one of the most important aspects of their support was that it came from peers and not from my mom!

Wahoo we get to be the caretakers of my niece's six year old twins! It's a mixed wahoo but a major, major life change for everyone. Now my stress level can decrease and I can go into getting everything ready mode. We are empty nesters so there's a lot to do to prepare for two little ones. It's always fun to move furniture. NOT!

Wow! That must be quite a big project! I am sorry that the twins are not able to stay with their mom, but I am sure they will have a great home with you and that you! I wish you a lot of energy, you will need it with two siy-year-olds!

I ended up with 20,000 steps yesterday... in my current step challenge, the leaders seem to get about 15,000 steps in each day and by the time I got home I was at 17,000 so I thought I'd just keep going so that I could be at the top of the leader board for a little while. I'm still hanging on to the top spot this morning.

Well done!!

Flossbolna, what good friends you had. I am grateful that my circle of friends are health conscious and like to keep active. Except for one friend that cares for an elderly parent and is under a lot of stress. She takes care of her father but not herself.
Piglet, I can understand how working full time with young children at home is also stressful. Coming home to fix meals and making time to exercise cannot be easy.

Yesterday I had an "energy clearing facial that is better than a face lift" with the gal who did the foot bath... it was pretty amazing, and I came away with a lot to process.

I'm dying to know what you had to process after the energy clearing facial. And what is an energy clearing facial anyways?

Wahoo we get to be the caretakers of my niece's six year old twins! It's a mixed wahoo but a major, major life change for everyone. Now my stress level can decrease and I can go into getting everything ready mode. We are empty nesters so there's a lot to do to prepare for two little ones. It's always fun to move furniture. NOT!

Congratulations! Have fun preparing the house. Boys or girls? I have a feeling your not going to have trouble getting your daily steps anymore.

Happy Friday, everyone! Did you have a good week? What are you up to this weekend?

We’re at our place at the beach for the next week-it’s raining today, but the weather is supposed to gradually improve. None of our weather is from the hurricane, although the water will be higher than usual (we’re on the bay) and the ocean will be rough.
We’ll probably be eating out more than usual, which is always a challenge. And if it’s raining I won’t be able to walk. Sigh. Oh well. I was planning on just trying to maintain my weight this week so hopefully I will not gain.

Happy Friday!!!! This weekend will be filled with 2 soccer games, 2 soccer pictures, a football game (daughter is cheering), then a memorial. This is all on Saturday. Sunday will be cleaning and watching football.

The memorial we are going to is for a little girl (8 years old) that was hit by a car in her own back yard and and died from her injuries. The car exited a parking lot, drove straight across the street and then up this families driveway and ended in their back yard. It was an elderly lady. Not much has been released on it though so we don't know why this happened. She was a cheerleader too but not on the same squad as DD. We didn't know her but the football teams and cheerleaders want to show their support. Thankfully DD is handling it well. A couple of years ago a girl in DD's school was killed in a car accident and DD wouldn't let me leave her side. So far she has not done this this time. Since she didn't know the girl and they were in different schools i wasn't going to tell DD but they talked about it at Cheer practice last night. So we needed to have a talk about it. She did great and I am glad we talked about it. I didn't get into details with her as I think it would have had more of an impacted on her. I did tell she was hit by a car but not how she was hit. I think that is what freaked her out before.

Oh, piglet, how sad. It’s hard to figure out sometimes how much information to share in that kind of situation. And her poor parents.

Oh, piglet, how sad. It’s hard to figure out sometimes how much information to share in that kind of situation. And her poor parents.

I really feel for these parents. I do have to say the 3 cities that make up our school district have been awesome and have shown a ton of support for them. There was a go fund me page set up the night it happened and it raised $11,000 in about 48 hours. The football and cheer organization that DD cheers for will be donating money and also our favorite restaurant, that just opened a new brewery/restaurant in one of the 3 cities, is giving 30% of meals if you donate money for the family. Though it is a horrible thing that happened it is nice to see the community come together.

I'm dying to know what you had to process after the energy clearing facial. And what is an energy clearing facial anyways?

@crazylady It's pretty challenging to describe, and pretty woowoo-y. She did the conventional facial stuff, but also did some energy work. part of it was that she'd ask me questions that may or may not have actually made sense and I answered on an intuitive level... this helped to identify what I needed to release, like the lies we tell ourselves based on life experiences. Some of it corresponded to similar work I've done in the past, so it rang true.

Happy Friday!!!! This weekend will be filled with 2 soccer games, 2 soccer pictures, a football game (daughter is cheering), then a memorial. This is all on Saturday. Sunday will be cleaning and watching football.

The memorial we are going to is for a little girl (8 years old) that was hit by a car in her own back yard and and died from her injuries. The car exited a parking lot, drove straight across the street and then up this families driveway and ended in their back yard. It was an elderly lady. Not much has been released on it though so we don't know why this happened. She was a cheerleader too but not on the same squad as DD. We didn't know her but the football teams and cheerleaders want to show their support. Thankfully DD is handling it well. A couple of years ago a girl in DD's school was killed in a car accident and DD wouldn't let me leave her side. So far she has not done this this time. Since she didn't know the girl and they were in different schools i wasn't going to tell DD but they talked about it at Cheer practice last night. So we needed to have a talk about it. She did great and I am glad we talked about it. I didn't get into details with her as I think it would have had more of an impacted on her. I did tell she was hit by a car but not how she was hit. I think that is what freaked her out before.

So sorry for the family...glad to hear your daughter is processing it well.

Friday check-in:
This week eating was all over the place, caloric intake wasn't awful, but I got into gluten three days and yesterday I had refined sugar - and both showed on the scale this morning. I learned that I basically don't have any margin for deviation, so that's a good thing to know.

Goals:
Loose 7 pounds... well, I was up 2 pounds this morning, so I really need to kick it into gear for the remainder of the month.
Walk 100 miles... my step counts have been really high this week and I'm currently 10 miles ahead of where I need to be to get the 100 miles in, so doing well here.
100 Days of Drawing... haven't started yet. Getting new habits going is such a challenge for me.

I'm still in the lead for my step challenge, but just barely... the gal who usually wins is nipping at my heals, but I'll give it my best shot. Since today is relatively free of meetings and will hopefully be free of crisis's, so I should be able to just put my head down and barrel thru somethings that haven't been getting done.

I signed up for a new food service: this company prepares and delivers smoothies and protein bowls. The first delivery arrived yesterday... this time I ordered all smoothies, but next week I'm going to do half smoothies and half protein bowls, because I think this might help to solve my lunchtime problems of having to grab something when I get stuck in a meeting or on a call.

We are actually having rain this morning... woohoo! It feels great. It's supposed to be damp tomorrow as well, so we're going to the state fair on Sunday.

Hope all have a lovely weekend!

The memorial we are going to is for a little girl (8 years old) that was hit by a car in her own back yard and and died from her injuries

That is just horrible. The poor family. I'm glad your daughter is doing ok with things.

Friday check-in:

I'm still in the lead for my step challenge, but just barely... the gal who usually wins is nipping at my heals, but I'll give it my best shot.

I've spent many Friday nights on the treadmill trying to beat someone in a challenge. They are kind of fun.

For my Friday check-in, I haven't had the best week. I'm starting to venture out of zero point foods more frequently and while I'm still meeting my points goals, I don't feel like I'm making thehealthiest choices like I have been doing. Weekends are always hard for me and I already had Mexican for lunch today, so we'll see how I do.

I started the week off strong with exercise,nbut I made the mistake of jump roping on Tues and my foot didn't like that. I have to say though that jump roping is great excercise! While I didn't excercise the past couple of days, I did wash windows (more like scrub!) and weed.

Good luck to everyone this weekend![/QUOTE]

@Oneanne 20,000 steps! yikes! That is amazing. I did 15K once this week and was totally exhausted at the end of that day.

@piglet1979 when I decided to start counting steps, I just watched how many I usually did for about a week or so. Then I bumped it up a couple hundred and did that for a month or so until I was successful, then bumped it up again, and kept doing that. Currently I'm at 7500. Weekdays it's easy peasy but weekends I'm a sloth! It's good to have a number to force me to move!

The last two nights I have not done my lunges. I've remembered right before I fall asleep--usually when that happens I pop out of bed. Gotta make sure I do them today so I can continue on with this healthy habit. It's too easy to let things slip.

In about half an hour we head off for our three hour drive over the mountains to pick up the kids. Then I will be busy planning meals since there will be extra mouths to feed! I'm thinking this will be a good thing since now I plan a couple days and wing it a couple days. One thing I can say about re-arranging furniture and creating space is it causes you to examine what you have. For instance in a little dresser, one drawer has batteries and household stuff like that and the drawer beneath it had electrical wires and cables and stuff. Pretty much dumped that entire drawer in the garbage! In thinking of @Oneanne's facial now I'm thinking about what stuff in my head I need to re-arrange or dump!

***Motivation Monday***

Hope everyone had a good weekend-it goes by so fast, doesn’t it?

So here we are starting another week and hopefully making the the changes that keep us on a path to Wish goals.

If you’re feeling a little frustrated or overwhelmed, here’s the place to ask for help-whether it’s meal planning, eating out or keeping to a fitness plan.

I’ll confess, since we’ve been away this week I have not been tracking and I know I have been overindulging during the cocktail hour-when I think how long it takes me to lose those lbs I get annoyed with myself-so I am going to do things differently the rest of the week.

When you have a bad day (or in my case, several!) what do you tell yourself to get back on track?

Looking forward to reading about your successes this week!

When you have a bad day (or in my case, several!) what do you tell yourself to get back on track?

Falling off the bandwaggon happens to the best of us. What matters is getting back on! A bad couple of days are not what does the damage, but a bad couple of weeks or months, do.

--

I had a mixed weekend. Had a migraine bothering me all weekend. And Friday I just felt lousy and exhausted. I think that might have been the sign of the coming migraine already. But I still went on a short hike with my father through a lovely river valley. Weather was perfect, sunny and temperatures in the 60s.

Tonight I am meeting family for dinner at an Indian restaurant. I am afraid that this might be a challenge as I love the creamy and buttery curries. We will see. At least I will stick with the soda water as a drink.

***Motivation Monday***

I'm looking g forward to to hearing everyone's responses because last week wasn't a great week for me.

For me, I'm beginning to realize that I do better overall when I follow the program closely. One day of "just today I'll do X" turns I to a full week of evenings snacks or whatever.

I also do better if I plan and make my lunches ahead of time, so I'm going to do that again this week.

"When you have a bad day (or in my case, several!) what do you tell yourself to get back on track?"

Last week was the first time that I've been off, and it happened every day. Mostly it was consuming gluten, but by the end of the week it was also refined sugar. Over the weekend I felt like I got back on track, even though I did still have some gluten I had good healthful food and the pounds I had put back on over the course of the week came back off. I guess more than anything I didn't panic or start to beat myself up, I just owned my choices.

I did next to nothing over the weekend, just the usual errands and shopping. It was rainy and autumnal both days, kind of awesome really, knitting weather!

The weekend was pretty good. Though DH and I forgot sunscreen while sitting out at 2 soccer games and a football/cheer game. We both got burnt. I ate horrible on Saturday but Sunday I ate really good. Today DD left for camp with her school fro the week. She did great this morning. She was begging me to leave. This is a very good sign that she will do good this week.

I did not sleep well last night at all. I was up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom and then at 4 with a really bad headache. Advil is keeping it manageable right now. I might need to take a migraine pill tonight and just sleep for this to go away. It feels like one that will stick around for awhile.

Thanks for all your thoughtful reminders-don’t let a few bad days turn into bad weeks.
I will be away for another week-but will be eating more at home. And going for a walk in a few minutes. I really don’t want to get out of the exercise habit.

Must not eat chocolate, must not eat chocolate!!! Caring for kids is hard! One spent two hours crying at school because he missed home. Same thing tonight at bedtime. Finally we decided that a calendar he can mark off every day might be helpful. He'll be one day closer to home.:love1:

Like others, when I fall off the wagon, eventually I just decide to forget the past and start fresh. No beating myself up, just moving on.

So far I have not done any meal planning! :sad2: I forgot how long it takes kids to eat and how little time you have when you have them! I've warned them that tomorrow their uncle will be making dinner because I have a meeting. They're not so sure about that! :rotfl2:They asked if we had hot dogs and if they could have them for dinner. No and no. Sorry. They are adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!