A tip from our recent trip

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Rather than heading for the back of the Disney bus...sit up front near the driver....most are incredibly friendly and willing to share THEIR favorite Disney tip.....all you have to do is ask!!

You can pick up lots of short cuts from talking with the drivers!!

Go during the first two weeks of December....we actually had our own private bus a few times:bounce: :bounce:

I agree w/ jinnyboom. We've gotten dining tips, directions to the outlet mall, and an interesting rundown of animals they've encountered. Or I guess the animals encountered the bus.

We had many great conversations with the drivers and they went out of their way to tell us all kinds of tips, as well as the quickest way to the entrance to the park. We often ended up being kind of celebrities, as the driver usually asked the kids where they were from and when they answered Alaska, everyone kind of ooohhhhs! like we are from outer space.:rolleyes: And later in the day when you run into the folks from the bus at the pool etc. they would remember the Alaska kids.

Jennifer

I agree with your tip on sitting up by the driver... they are some of the best CMs you'll ever talk to.
However, when the bus is crowded such as at park closing time, it is polite to move all the way to the back so that others may board the bus more easily and quickly. There is nothing more frustrating than having to climb over people and strollers just to get to the back of the bus to have a seat, or fill up the isle standing.
We always joke about how you can pick out the people who don't use public transportation at home... they are the ones who stop in the middle of the bus isle while there is plenty of room to move back. :mad:

:smooth: We got an official Disney Drivers License from one of our bus drivers! He was so funny.

That's a great tip. Sometimes it's a miracle to get on the bus, let alone get a front seat! :)

I agree with JennyBoom. I sat in the front of the bus on my last trip and had a great conversation with the driver. I worked at TDS then so we had fun swaping CM stories. I also had the pleasure once on being the only one in the boat from POFQ to DTD...had a great conversation with the Captian of that boat. And yes, most are very friendly and willing to share tips.

Steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter