A Trip of Firsts ~ WBTA 2018 Trip Planning - 7/24/18 Update

Got my Oyster card reservation done. Still not sure about going to the theatre...so expensive and there is so much to do and see. I may do TEA at Fortnum and Masons though. Figured I can do tea and shop in one stop and get really nummy nums for the ship, excursions etc.

Got my Oyster card reservation done. Still not sure about going to the theatre...so expensive and there is so much to do and see. I may do TEA at Fortnum and Masons though. Figured I can do tea and shop in one stop and get really nummy nums for the ship, excursions etc.
Yay Oyster cards! Handy buggers.
I agree with the theatre, we were planning on doing it as well but dropped it for the Stonehenge tour. Just too much for both.
Yes! Tea! I highly support Tea! That's a good idea for stop n shop ...

I get out of my Buckingham Palace tour around 3 or so on Friday, so I think I will do Tea at F & M then. I still have Saturday free, not sure what to do.
Hop-on-hop-off?? Been to British Museum already.....hmm

So I think I am going to museum it on Saturday. The museums are FREE and some of them do mini guided tours of some of their collections either for free or just
a few dollars/pounds. The Natural History museum and the Victoria and Albert are very close to each other, then it is a straight shot up to Harrods. More shopping (or perhaps window shopping)and perhaps I will grab some dinner or just do TEA again and then off to my hotel to pack, sleep and then start our cruise the next day.:sunny:

UPDATE

• Pre-paid gratuities
  • Purchased the Romance for 2 (non-alcoholic) package. We're not a huge fan of champaign and we LOVE the Martenelli's sparkling cider (which seems to be the brand of choice). Completely jazzed to use the robes during the cruise!
  • Purchased our tour tickets for the Titanic Insight Tour for Cobh. It tours through the city with places relating to the Titanic and ends up at the Titanic Experience museum.
  • We also added a few places to visit while at Portland/Weymouth.
  • Will probably add a few more details within the next week or so because we're budgeting everything out ... which means we have to plan everything out.
- Back to Table of Contents -

Last edited:
I get out of my Buckingham Palace tour around 3 or so on Friday, so I think I will do Tea at F & M then. I still have Saturday free, not sure what to do.
Hop-on-hop-off?? Been to British Museum already.....hmm
Tea after Buckingham Palace sounds divine. That really sounds perfect, just classical England.

So I think I am going to museum it on Saturday. The museums are FREE and some of them do mini guided tours of some of their collections either for free or just
a few dollars/pounds. The Natural History museum and the Victoria and Albert are very close to each other, then it is a straight shot up to Harrods. More shopping (or perhaps window shopping)and perhaps I will grab some dinner or just do TEA again and then off to my hotel to pack, sleep and then start our cruise the next day.:sunny:
Yes! We were planning on the Natural History museum too, but we figure that we will be needing to head to bed early. If we get time, I'd love to go there as well.
Oh my gosh, I support all of this tea, I'm not even kidding. What is Victoria & Albert? I only know a venue by that name from Disney World lol
Again, I wholeheartedly support multiple Tea times.

May as well "TEA "out as much as possible, we don't have too many places in Vermont that English afternoon tea is served... so when in Rome......
Hmmmm I think I will make reservations at Harrods and Fortnum and Masons today.

The Victoria and Albert Museum in London is the world's largest museum of decorative arts and design. Right now they have a exhibition of a collection of personal artefacts and clothing belonging to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. It is not too far away from the Natural History museum. Not to be confused with the Victoria and Albert 5 star restaurant in the Grand Floridian resort at Walt Disney World.

May as well "TEA "out as much as possible, we don't have too many places in Vermont that English afternoon tea is served... so when in Rome......
Hmmmm I think I will make reservations at Harrods and Fortnum and Masons today.

The Victoria and Albert Museum in London is the world's largest museum of decorative arts and design. Right now they have a exhibition of a collection of personal artefacts and clothing belonging to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. It is not too far away from the Natural History museum. Not to be confused with the Victoria and Albert 5 star restaurant in the Grand Floridian resort at Walt Disney World.
We are planning on visiting the V&A museum too. I was excited to see that there is a Frida Kahlo exhibition while we are there :)

I just listened to the Dis unplugged podcast for 07/10/2018 and apparently Pete Werner will be in London from Sept 6-13 and is thinking of doing
a fan meet either Sept 7 or 8!! No details as yet. That would be cool.
Got my Oyster card yesterday...woohoo. Not long now!! Sister-in-law is in London right now so can't wait to hear what's what there!

I just listened to the Dis unplugged podcast for 07/10/2018 and apparently Pete Werner will be in London from Sept 6-13 and is thinking of doing
a fan meet either Sept 7 or 8!! No details as yet. That would be cool.
Got my Oyster card yesterday...woohoo. Not long now!! Sister-in-law is in London right now so can't wait to hear what's what there!
You sound very excited! Who's Pete Werner?

BTW - really enjoying your report...I'll be on the cruise and am learning lots from you! thanks!

Pete is one of the founders/owners of the DISboards and Dreams Unlimited Travel agency...
BTW - really enjoying your report...I'll be on the cruise and am learning lots from you! thanks!
Hmm. Well, we're going to pretend I didn't ask that question, okay? :p

Thank you, that means a lot to me. Half of why I'm doing this is to help others :cloud9: The rest breaks up into 40% keeping a list so I don't forget things and 10% because of excitement lol

I am so jealous. My sister-in-law is there with a friend right now and has done more in 2 early mornings than I have planned for 3 days!. Their Oyster cards are smokin'!!
Unfortunately they had to avoid the protesters yesterday so they had to do lots in the AM before the protestors came out. Also her friend knows
the city as she used to live there as a college student way back when. Hope to get some tips from them after they return.

I am so jealous. My sister-in-law is there with a friend right now and has done more in 2 early mornings than I have planned for 3 days!. Their Oyster cards are smokin'!!
Unfortunately they had to avoid the protesters yesterday so they had to do lots in the AM before the protestors came out. Also her friend knows
the city as she used to live there as a college student way back when. Hope to get some tips from them after they return.
Where are they going to use their Oyster so much?

Tower, Thames cruise, museums, plays, and just wondering about. They only had 2 days before moving on and they started very early in the morning.

Last edited:
Still can't decide on a play....so expensive no matter where I look for tickets. Actually buying through Disney for the Lion King is the cheapest so far, imagine that!
90 pounds doesn't sound too bad until it converts back to dollars! :(:scared::crazy2:

Last edited:
Still can't decide on a play....so expensive no matter where I look for tickets. Actually buying through Disney for the Lion King is the cheapest so far, imagine that!
90 pounds doesn't sound too bad until it converts back to dollars! :(:scared::crazy2:
Yeah, they don't sound much .... but conversion is biting our butts lol
What plays were you deciding between?

I had a hard time but I think the Lion King. As it happens, I booked afternoon tea at the Savoy for 5:15 and it is just a few blocks from
the Lyceum theater. I wanted the Ritz or Claridges but they were full up on Saturday, and Harrods website does not take reservations. I emailed
them and an nice gentleman emailed back and said he would see what he could do, but I bagged it and got my rez at the Savoy instead. I wanted to
check out Covent Gardens besides the museums and Harrods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!