A Veggie, a 6yr old and 3 meat eaters take on the world...

budbeerlady

<font color=blue>I call DH The STREAK!!<br><font c
We were at the World Dec 10-15 2006:

We are:
DD age 6
Dh age 29 who loves a good steak
Myself 29 vegetarian
DF-n-L late 40's who loves to eat
DM-n-L early 50's who eats about anything
And we were on the dining plan for this trip.

Dec 10:

Columbia Harbor House:
Dh and DD split the Chicken Strip Basket, with Water to drink and Chocolate Cake. It seemed good, we got Dd to eat a chicken strip so that was a plus! :thumbsup2 I had the half of a lighthouse sandwich (very tasty but a bit messy) and cup of the veggie chilli with a coke and chocolate cake. I know DM-n-L had the Garden Galley Salad that looked good and I have no idea what DF-n-L had other than I know it was fried food.

This was one of my favorites, it was our 1st time eating here. We checked in about 10 min. early and were seated after 15 min. I love the lights in the lobby!

DD had the Macaroni and Cheese with the make your own sundae for dessert and Chocolate milk to drink.

Dh had the Crab claws that he loved! with the blackened catfish (good but wouldnt get again, too spicey for his taste.) He took the cheesecake to go for me.

I had the ceaser salad which was very good. (Not too much or too little dressing) and since I cannot do mushrooms the waiter asked the chef to prepare something for me. (I will note that I called 2 weeks ahead and had mushroom allergy vegetarian added to this ressie and Le Cellier) I couldnt tell you what he made me, it started with a T. It was wonderful. It was on top of fried potatoes wedges with this wonderful cream sauce. I could have licked the plate clean. Dh even said it was good. The chef came out to see how I liked it, I told him it was wonderful and a million thanks for making it! :thumbsup2 I had the chocolate wave for dessert, it was wonderful. I liked the white chocolate ice cream that came with it! :teeth:

DM-n-L had the lobster soup with the salmon. She said it was good and the cheesecake to go for dessert.

DF-n-L had the Crab claws and the NY strip steak, cheese cake to go.

We loved our food here and it was so cool to see the divers in the tank during dinner. We were seated on the 1st row up from the tanks, the fish watching kept DD busy and it was a great meal!

5 thumbs up from all of us!
:thumbsup2

Enjoying your reviews.

We also love Coral Reef and are eating here again in Feb.

Keep them coming :thumbsup2

:furious: Monday didnt go well. In fact nothing about Monday went well, it was just a bad, bad day!

The inlaws decieded at 8:30 am (outside our door while we are getting ready to leave for the bus stop) that they need breakfast. I was less than trilled but since I had my poptart already I made the mistake of not going to breakfast. Instead of hitting Mara for the Cs they went to Boma and used Ts. And it was almost 10 by the time they hit the room (complaining of how fast they had to eat)
So after doing Epcot for the mid morning I was frustrated and gave up to head back to the room at 2:45. I hit Mara for lunch and had a cheese pizza with a poweraid and cheesecake for dessert. DD had picked up some sour gummy worms that we were going to get as a snack but the nice cashier rang them up as a side for her saving the snack credit. The pizza was hot and filling, I liked the cheesecake! DD choked down a slice of my pizza so she could have a few gummy worms.

Tonights dinner was Le Cellier. I was really excited to go back here, we had a great meal with a wonderful server last year. (Unfortunately that was last year and we wont be coming back here anytime soon!) We were seated after a 15min wait which was great as busy as the place was at 7pm. The breadsticks were plopped on the table with out a word, so we explained it to them how they represented the parts of Canada, yada, yada, yada.

DD had the cheese soup for starters and then the hot dog with the moose for dessert. The moose was really cute and she ate most of her hot dog with the chocolate milk.

Dh had the mussels which he deamed good! :thumbsup2 then the 3 of them ordered the mushroom filet. We took 3 wiskey cakes to go.

Now having called ahead I was hoping I could get something made up that I could eat. They were too busy according to our server and I had the choice of 2 tomomatoes or a bigger ceaser salad for dinner. So I had the tomatoe for the appetizer and the ceaser salad for dinner. It was the same ceaser salad I had the night before at Coral Reef. Same size, same presentation, same, same, same. The wiskey cake was alright, I should have gotten the creme brulee.

And to rub salt in my wound they no longer have Rosa Regale wine available (last year this is where I first had it and started my addiction!), I was sulking over my bad day and went with a coke.
So I am only giving them 4 thumbs up.

So after Illuminations (which was great! :thumbsup2 Actually the best thing of the day) I was starving, so Dh went to Mara and got me a cheese Pizza and Dh had the African Stew which he loved!

Dh got ready in record time (after yesterday everyone seemed to be moving faster and were ready and out the door on time. Hmmmm, most of had something to do with my attitude yesterday. :rolleyes1 )

Dh brought DD and I breakfast platters from Mara, the 3 of us split them and they were good as usual.

DD had a Mickey bar for a snack, I got a bucket of popcorn as did DM-n-L. Dh wasnt very hungry and DF-n-L got a pretzel. These were from the snack carts at MK.

We took a 3pm break for drinks at the Poly (I had heard the whinning for 3 hours and I needed a drink myself after the whinning about needing a drink! Did you follow that part?) So while they had their beer (Budweiser of course) I had a chocolate covered cherry drink that was wonderful. It took the edge off :dance3: as I was getting a bit unnerved.

Dinner was at 1900 Park Fare. The buffet was good and plentiful. I dont think I would go at 4:30 opening again though, too many people trying to get food at once. I liked our 5:30 time better last year, less people up at the buffet. They still had the Smuckers PB and J uncrustables so I was in heaven. (Actually I will admit to eating 2) Everyone liked the buffet and we were able to escape at 5:40. My goal was to get to the magic kingdome to watch wishes at 6:00. We made it by the skin of our teeth. DF-n-L had to go to the bathroom before, then again after the monorail arrived at Mk. :furious: Now you know why I needed my drink! If he has 1 beer it is a bathroom every 5 min and can you walk any slower? (I still have some pent up aggression after this trip! :rolleyes1 )

So Dinner was given 5 thumbsup (except for some discussion on the shrimp size from DF-n-L. I reminded him it is a buffet, they arent going to put out jumbo shrimp on an all you can eat buffet.)

DD and I did the princess breakfast at Akerhaus in Norway. The food was great! I loved the fresh fruit and the potatoe casserole. DD even ate well. We were in and out in under an hour without felling rushed! :thumbsup2

Dh and DF-n-L were fishing at the contemporary for the morning. We all met up around 11 am at MGM for the day. We had lunch around 12 across from the beauty and the beast theater. But I have no idea what the name of the place was. I had an okay veggie cheese burger with fries and a coke with chocolate cake. Dh and the others had an italian sandwich with chips that they said was good. DD ate fries and some of my burger and then Dh's chocolate cake. (let me assure you we dont eat like this all the time, she does actually eat steak and real food at home for dinner.)

They went back to the hotel at 3pm to relax. I stayed at MGM and then headed to Epcot world Showcase. I snacked on a sweet pretzel with almonds from NOrway, Yumm-o! And I washed it down with a Rosa Regale from a Pint o cheer stand!

Dinner was at the Beach club's Clam Bake. I had made an error, when Dh and DD left me, I had her ticket in my purse. So instead of enjoying a couple of Rosa Regales and meeting them at the international gateway, I had to hustle to the front of the park. My error ended my leisurely day. :confused3

My other grand plan since my feet were now tired was to meet them at the AKL bus stop and take the Beach Club bus over. It seemed like a good plan untill you realize there is no beach club bus listed on the board. :badpc:

So we are running late as we get to walk through Epcot and over to beach club. Now DF-n-L has to pee, we are poking along and going to arrive in about 12 hours. :rolleyes1 As I check us in, he goes to the bathroom again and DD watches cartoons. Whoever put the tv right there is a genius! :thumbsup2 She watched her cartoons and was happy untill we were seated.

The buffet is kinda of a train wreck. I had never seen one set up like this! :confused3 Its a square so one side is salad bar type, the across side is soup and kids items. The other two sides across from each other have the same items. So both sides met up for example at the kids area, it didnt flow well at all! The food was good, Dh loved the ribs and the clams. The pizza was gross that I tried, DD loved the mini corn - hot dogs and the macaroni and cheese. The key lime and cheese cake were good but very small tart sized servings. DD was disappointed there wasnt really a kids dessert.

I am giving this one 3 thumbs up from the clam eaters, it left alot to be desired for DD and I.

Since the little Boma feast we were running low on table service credits. I asked serveral times if they were not going to pay cash to let me know and I will change the ressie. They had chosed Biergarten & I was going to change it to Boma if they werent going to come along. As you can guess they still didnt know by lunch at AK, so I just dropped the whole conversation.

I had my poptart for breakfast (and passed some over to the in laws) so i would have room for tusker house. I love tusker house! DD had the mac and cheese with grapes and applesauce. She got jello for dessert. (my only complaint about the new kids menu is the jello. Kids dont want jello for dessert if there is chocolate cake! :confused3 ) Dh had the rositeriie chicken with the green beans, he said it was very good. I had the veggie pocket thing. It was good, it had lots of feta cheese which I love. But too many green peppers, I picked them out! I had cheese cake for dessert. The inlaws split a rotisserie chicken as they were out of credits yesterday. (Not an all you can eat plan people!)

Now dinner hasnt been settled....

Great reviews! We are a "mixed" family too. DD and I are the veggies, but DH still eats meat.

We just got back this morning and it looks like we overlapped at many of the same parks (Tuesday, Wed., and Thurs.), but so far we weren't in the same restaurants. However, I think that we might have just missed one another at Norway on Wed. I was there around 2pm for a school bread.

I'm scared to read somewhere in your reviews about an "annoying and overwhelmed looking vegetarian mother with a precocious 2.5 year old who kept demanding her Daisy stuffed doll". :)

I really wanted to eat at Boma! I have wanted to eat at Boma for 2 trips now. (I need a whiny smile face.) I am not usually such a crab but if you start infererring with the basics of the disney trip I get a bit crabby. I make up my mind 180 days in advance, call like a crazed woman at 7am to get the ressies I want. I put alot of work into this trip.

So they deciede at 4 they are gettting cs for the night and splitting it. Ughhh! I am not in the mood to be told I cannot get into Boma so I dont call, I didnt get to see the Osborne lights Wed night so I was going to see them tonight. (Too tired) So we finally get everyone ready and head out the door. The plan is osborne lights, cs at world showcase and then illuminations for our final night. I forgot to tell mother nature my intentions, she clearly didnt check with me as it started to pour. :badpc:

It poured for the rest of the night, the osborne lights were canceled (I really wanted to cry, I had wanted to see them this year but the troops couldnt rally the night before and I never thought rain would cancel them!!!! :sad2: )
I did convince a really nice cm to see me an empty mug before they drug the boxes inside. I have a cool souvie mug that I might have a pity party in one night because I really, really wanted to see the lights.

So dinner was cs at Mara at 7pm by the time we hit the rooms and put on dry clothes. When it rains that hard ponchos dont help much.

Dinner was :
Mac and cheese for DD
Dh had pizza, he loaded it with onions and ranch dressing from the fixings bar
I had the fallafel pita (fallafel is not so good, it tasted like a deep fryer in a pita shell)
DF-n-L and DM-n-L split a pizza and said it was good except for the crust.

That was it for our good disney dining! Coral Reef is my new favorite, they were wonderful there! :thumbsup2

amarberry said:
I'm scared to read somewhere in your reviews about an "annoying and overwhelmed looking vegetarian mother with a precocious 2.5 year old who kept demanding her Daisy stuffed doll". :)

I might come off as grumpy but I have alot of patience with kids at WDW, DD and other kids just get tired. It is like pulling teeth to get her to eat enough food there but with all the excitement and lack of sleep I cannot blame her.

Adults whinning about their next beer is what puts me over the edge, I dont drink very often (I'm a 1 wine cooler a month kinda gal despite my name but this trip drove me to drinking. I did find the blue glowtini's very tasty at AKL. Maybe the glowing cube helps it go down easier! :thumbsup2 :surfweb: )

budbeerlady said:
I might come off as grumpy but I have alot of patience with kids at WDW, DD and other kids just get tired. It is like pulling teeth to get her to eat enough food there but with all the excitement and lack of sleep I cannot blame her.

Adults whinning about their next beer is what puts me over the edge, I dont drink very often (I'm a 1 wine cooler a month kinda gal despite my name but this trip drove me to drinking. I did find the blue glowtini's very tasty at AKL. Maybe the glowing cube helps it go down easier! :thumbsup2 :surfweb: )

I think that you had a lot of patience with your inlaws!!!! The last time we were at WDW with other family members (2004) was a bit of a disaster. I prefer traveling with just DH and DD. I can control them pretty easily. ;)

I'm sorry that you weren't able to eat at Boma. It's my favorite. We really enjoy Coral Reef too. I like mushrooms so the vegetable strudel is a hit for me. It sounds like they may have put the same sauce from the strudel on your meal. I agree that it is VERY good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter