A warning to those considering a WDW personalized license plate

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Today was a first. In the parking lot at a local shopping center, someone pulled up next to me as I was getting out of the car and pointed to my "WDW 4 M3" license plate and DVC Member plate cover. "Oh," she said, "we're going to Disney World for the first time in a few weeks. Can I ask you some questions."

I love talking about Disney, so this wasn't a problem. After about a dozen questions, though, I wrote down the URL for DISboards.com and told her she should join us online.

LOL, it wasn't until she'd driven away that I thought about giving her a DVC referral.

Obviously, I've been living under a rock. Where did you get the DVC member plate cover? :)

Obviously, I've been living under a rock. Where did you get the DVC member plate cover? :)
It's one of the DVC logo items that has recently shown up at the resorts.

DVCPlateFrame.png

That is funny! I too live in VA with a vanity plate. I have a DVC sticker in my window. I am LV DISNY but no one has ever asked me about it. They just say "so you are a Disney fan" and that's all it takes to get me talking. I have yet to give out a referral card, I don't want to be pushy, but I love to talk about it to anyone who will listen! ;)

Mine is DISNEY5. I teach school so I get comments about it often.

When we first bought DVC we received a "vanity plate" (not a plate holder) in the mail with the old DVC logo on it and "DVC Member". We had our auto dealer place it on the front of the car a few years ago (our State only requires plates on the back of the car) and have had a few comments on it but not many.

I read somewhere a long time ago that these same plates (no longer available as I think they stopped giving them out) were selling on ebay for a fair amount of money. At the time I had even forgotten we had received it and couldn't find ours for the longest time and then one day I was going through somethings looking for something else and found it. I am not sure but I think it is made of metal where the ones made later were plastic. I'll have to check it out when I use the car tomorrow.

I'll have to remember that the next time someone says something to give them a DVC referral!

Love my vanity plate! Mine is DZNY DI my husbands is DZNY DAD
I've also incurred some wonderful conversations because of my plate. Once from a young woman who was leaving the next day to enter the college program. She also had a vanity plate though I can't remember what it was. Nice memory this morning.

That is funny! I too live in VA with a vanity plate. I have a DVC sticker in my window. I am LV DISNY but no one has ever asked me about it. They just say "so you are a Disney fan" and that's all it takes to get me talking. I have yet to give out a referral card, I don't want to be pushy, but I love to talk about it to anyone who will listen! ;)
Virginia here, too. Plate: VWL DVC. Not sure anyone in our neck of the woods has a clue what that means. ;)

Thanks, BirdsOfPreyDave! I'll have to check for them this November. :thumbsup2

Someone is selling that DVC member license plate frame on eBay. For only $999.99. And not even free shipping...that's an extra $3.95.

Boy, if I thought people would actually pay that for a plastic frame, there's my new retirement plan.

Ohhhh I should have kept looking. The same seller is also offering a car window sticker for the same bargain price! And the shipping is less. Only $1.95to have a thousand dollar car window sticker sent directly to your door!

I have a vanity plate as well:

WDW BWV

No one at my work or living round me has a clue what it means. :confused3
That is fine with me. I like it. :)

Kelly

I had one before that was: DVC 4ME. Unfortunately, I ended up going through a divorce and everyone thought it meant divorce for me. :rotfl:
Hopefully my current plate will not be confusing.

Someone is selling that DVC member license plate frame on eBay. For only $999.99. And not even free shipping...that's an extra $3.95.

Boy, if I thought people would actually pay that for a plastic frame, there's my new retirement plan.

Oh Wow!! I have two plates. One that just says Disney Vacaton Club and one that says Disney vacation club member both with the old DVC logo.:cool1: I smell a point add on in my future.:rotfl2: They are hanging up in the garage because Connecticut requires both plates.
My CT plates are AKV*OKW for my two home resorts. I also have the DVC plate holder, no one around here probably has a clue. One day I'll drive to DW were people understand me.:rotfl:

I'd love to get one of the plate covers, I will definately pick one up when I'm in WDW the end of this month.
I have a vanity plate too, WDW BWND (Walt Disney World Bound) I do have people ask me what it stands for.

Hubby and I are going to get plates for my car tomorrow. Great idea! DISNY DVC? I will ask how to get these plates. :thumbsup2

sooo funny!!! sounds like the same as keeping your occupation quiet! My sister is a veterinarian and my husband is a computer wiz. They both lie to people about their professions because of this same sort of problem "so my dog has been licking a lot lately............" "i'm having a problem with my explorer icon moving around on me..........." keep it on the down low! HA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter