A warning to those considering a WDW personalized license plate

That is funny! I too live in VA with a vanity plate. I have a DVC sticker in my window. I am LV DISNY but no one has ever asked me about it. They just say "so you are a Disney fan" and that's all it takes to get me talking. I have yet to give out a referral card, I don't want to be pushy, but I love to talk about it to anyone who will listen! ;)

Do you travel on I-66? There are a couple vanity tags I see fairly frequently.

Renewal rates for a vanity plate (regular car) here cost more than a SW ticket to MCO.

I was thinking the same thing! Not worth it in MA to get anything beyond the regular plates! Back when I was in college my father went to register my car for me. Thinking he was being nice he got me the Red Sox plates. Two years later when I went to re-register my car it cost 2x as much as the regular registration!

I was thinking the same thing! Not worth it in MA to get anything beyond the regular plates! Back when I was in college my father went to register my car for me. Thinking he was being nice he got me the Red Sox plates. Two years later when I went to re-register my car it cost 2x as much as the regular registration!

Re: Registration which I am guessing has been increasing rapidly anyway

My first plate was on an E250 van(BLKPRL)
The front plate was a pirates of the Caribbean I bought at Disney as well a mickey pirate antenna topper. On the inside window was a pirate Mickey on suction cups. That van got a lot of attention especially at Disney.

Now I have an orange Minnie van(TIGGER2) I had a tigger’ antenna topper I got on some website but someone ended up wanting it more than me

I have a Disney vanity plate as well as several Disney related vinyl stickers and magnets on my car, and recently someone came up to me as I was pumping gas to say she owned DVC, loved my plates, going in October, etc. Same day, my husband’s former UPS driver dropped by his office to talk Disney. Yes, the FORMER UPS driver visits my husband at work because of their Disney bond. :)

Someone is selling that DVC member license plate frame on eBay. For only $999.99. And not even free shipping...that's an extra $3.95.

Boy, if I thought people would actually pay that for a plastic frame, there's my new retirement plan.
Don’t know if it’s the same one I bought, but I got one on Disney’s website about a year ago for like $10-15. Had I known I could pay off my DVC selling a few more, I had bought them.....:rotfl:

Someone is selling that DVC member license plate frame on eBay. For only $999.99. And not even free shipping...that's an extra $3.95.

WOWSERS!!! I have one of those metal plates somewhere from the early 90's! Wonder if that guy will actually get anyone to bite on that? o_O

sooo funny!!! sounds like the same as keeping your occupation quiet! My sister is a veterinarian and my husband is a computer wiz. They both lie to people about their professions because of this same sort of problem "so my dog has been licking a lot lately............" "i'm having a problem with my explorer icon moving around on me..........." keep it on the down low! HA

Oh yeah, I guess that's true in a lot of occupations. I used to work in the healthcare field and am licensed to do so, and I used to have my own "private" caseload of people that would crawl out of the woodwork to call and ask me for advice. :rolleyes:

I know this is a zombie thread resurrected, but since so many have posted since the resurrection I wanted to add something. I had always thought about getting something Disney related as my PA license plate, and even went on the website and fooled around to see what was available but never bit and did it. Then someone I worked with told me a story about how she used to have a vanity PA plate, and one time she had some minor traffic violation or somehow made another driver irritated, and they were able to remember her plate because it was a vanity one and not random letters and numbers so they called the police. She said at some point someone in law enforcement told her that happens all the time, and if you have an easily memorized vanity plate you have a much higher chance of getting remembered and turned in if anyone ever has a gripe with you - legit or not. So not that I plan on committing traffic violations or driving like a jerk, but after that I decided I would stick with my good old boring, non attention seeking random letters and numbers here in PA! I do enjoy seeing other people's cute vanity plates, though. And I am certainly more likely to notice and remember them, which is what I want to avoid :-)

We also just got vanity plates....I heart WDWRLD....this Disney:earboy2: thing is getting out of hand lol.:figment:
Lets see if anyone here at home knows what that means (we are international so wdw isnt in our every day vocab).::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

I love spotting fellow Disney/DVC people in traffic! It's comforting to know there are so many of us around! Makes me smile every time, despite the horrid Chicago traffic...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!