A Weird Question RE: Booking with Transferred Points

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I am dealing with the walking mess at BWV for the 11-month window and I am stuck booking with transferred points which puts me at a huge disadvantage since I cannot book online. I believe that I can MODIFY my reservation online once I have one, though. So...if I book a 1-night reservation, can I modify it to another night, even if it is not the NEXT night? So, let's say I need December 15 and I book December 9. On January 15, could I go online at 8am and try to modify my reservation to December 15? Or would that be a cancel and rebook situation?

You can not modify online using transferred points until 7 months out.

And, you could modify it, but it is essentially a cancel and rebook…

No matter what, you are going to have to call to use them.

You can not modify online using transferred points until 7 months out.

And, you could modify it, but it is essentially a cancel and rebook…

No matter what, you are going to have to call to use them.
Ugh...that's a bummer. Well, I guess I will just be chasing the walkers and calling every day to build my reservation(s). I am booking a split-stay because I would love to try a different resort (1BR) at 7 months out, but I am perfectly fine staying at BWV if we can't move.

Should I just call once and make it a 3-night waitlist with the assumption that the waitlist will fill after the walkers walk past? I will be at work and I am not sure I can guarantee that I will be able to make the call(s) at 9am each day for the next 3 days.

Ugh...that's a bummer. Well, I guess I will just be chasing the walkers and calling every day to build my reservation(s). I am booking a split-stay because I would love to try a different resort (1BR) at 7 months out, but I am perfectly fine staying at BWV if we can't move.

Should I just call once and make it a 3-night waitlist with the assumption that the waitlist will fill after the walkers walk past? I will be at work and I am not sure I can guarantee that I will be able to make the call(s) at 9am each day for the next 3 days.

I would do that and it should pick it up!

Here is different question.
Where are my “reservation” points listed on my DVC website dashboard?

Reservation points? Do you mean from a canceled trip you had booked for cruise, etc?

I don’t believe they are because you can book DVc with them.

Transferred points show up in a temporary contract that you will only see when trying to book with them.

Your dashboard will only show your own points and those that can be used for DVc.

Thanks so much. I knew you would have the answer. And yes… these are “reservation”
points from a cruise I cancelled today.

I would do that and it should pick it up!
I waitlisted both reservations today, one for a P/G studio and one for a BW view studio. I asked the CM to keep the BW WL in place if/when the P/G studio fills, but she said that they will usually cancel it and I will have to call to get it reinstated. She said she would put a note on it that she wanted to keep the BW waitlist active, but she could not promise that it would be honored. I'm not worried....I just want a place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter