A Witchy 30th Bday - USO/Sapphire Falls Weekend Report! ~PTR~

stephtron312

Earning My Ears
Lumos!

Welcome all to my first ever Universal Orlando PTR/Trip Report!! I'm so exciting for this upcoming whirlwind weekend celebrating my cousin's 30th birthday, June 15th - 18th!

giphy.gif

Just a bit about us. I'm Stephanie, 27, former Disney Cast Member (DCP Fall '13!) and she's Franzie, almost 30 and a NYC teacher. We're both NYC natives that are obsessed with HP (and Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney among many other things)!! And we believe in relaxing vacations even if they are at extremely packed theme parks where relaxation is usually the last thing that comes to mind for most people. But we try!

giphy.gif

The last time I went over the Dark Side was probably 3 or so years ago when my parents and I popped over for two days before heading to Disney for the rest of the week. So I'm excited to see everything new (even Fast & the Furious, which I think will be fun because it is a ride and rides are fun :duck:).

Here is our very very very barebones plan for the three days we'll be there:

FRIDAY:
  • Fly in to MCO, and Uber over to Sapphire Falls!! (SO EXCITED! This resort looks BEAUTIFUL!) (Also my cousin refuses to let me check a bag and I'm being forced to pack all my crap in a carry on. Any advice for the whole liquid/how do I get all my hair products, sunscreen, and makeup through TSA would be appreciated!)
  • Check in, leave our bags, and head to Universal Studios (this should be around 11/12).
  • Go straight to Diagon Alley and play to our hearts content.
  • Leave around 3 or 4 for lunch at Toothsome.
  • Back into the parks for more fun.
  • Grab a late dinner at Leaky Cauldron/Three Broomsticks/wherever we are close to
  • End the night at a bar on CityWalk (my heart is gravitating towards either Pat O'Brien's or Rising Star but I've never been to either! I do love JellyRolls over at Disney's Boardwalk so hoping Pat's is a similar experience).
SATURDAY:

• Up early to hit those parks
  • Grab breakfast to go at New Dutch Trading Co.
  • Parks, parks, parks, Harry, Harry, Harry, fun, fun, fun!
  • Lunch at Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron
  • Leave the park for some pool time/snooze time around 1 or 2
  • Back to the parks around 4, stick around for the nighttime Hogwarts show
  • Dinner in parks or CityWalk (any suggestions would be appreciated! Cowfish looked good, but my cousin isn't very adventurous or into Sushi so maybe somewhere else)
  • End the night at Strongwater Tavern!!!
SUNDAY:

• Pool morning, earn that Florida bronzed tan glow!
  • Possible excursion to the outlets to check out the Disney Character Warehouse
  • Lunch at Strongwater or on CityWalk
  • Parks in the afternoon into the night
  • Turn in early
MONDAY:

• Leave for an awfully early 6:00AM flight :sad2:

And that's really it!! I'm hoping to make the weekend a little special too since it's her birthday. I know I heard they have birthday pins at the hotel, but any other suggestions for a truly magical birthday celebration would be appreciated!!

I will update this thread again once we're back, hopefully to regale you all with hilarious stories and delightful pictures.

Till then!

giphy.gif

How exciting! Your trip is so close! We just returned from Sapphire Falls and fell in love with the resort!

My son is in DCP right now! at EPCOT- He is loving it!

Happy Birthday to Franzie!!

I would call the resort and have the celebration noted on your reservation!

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! I cannot wait to hear all about it when you get back!

You caught me with Eddie Murphy!!! Love that movie.......:D

What a fabulous trip you have planned.......Sapphire Falls is indeed beautiful, I’m sure you’ll both love it......and StrongWater Bar is a personal favourite of ours........

Looking forward to reading about it........

Sounds like a wonderful trip...I can't wait to hear all about it.

On the liquids....just buy them when you arrive ...problem solved :flower1:

I vote for going to Rising Star......

If you drink enough, you might sign up to sing..

Only a week to go and you will be there at the darkside!

Op should be back home now

Waiting to hear about her trip and where she ate in City Walk

Op should be back home now

Waiting to hear about her trip and where she ate in City Walk

Yep.........hope she comes back.......

I don’t usually read pre trip reports, but this one sounded fun!!!

Hope it was a fabulous trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!