AAA discount question

DKx3

Mouseketeer
I have already booked 11/12-11/19/05 thru Dreams Unlimited to stay at POP for rack rate. Can I use AAA discount thru DU, and is the AAA discount only if they have any rooms left with for that discount for my time. I budgeted for rack rate at POP, but as I'm getting sucked in to the Disney Magic, I am thinking about AKL - if I can get a discount. I do not have AAA now, but if it were very helpful, I might join. Any opinions?

DU can book your room with the AAA discount, but you must have a AAA member number at the time of booking. This differs from booking directly through Disney -- they will reserve a room for you at the AAA rate, but they won't ask you for your AAA member number; you only need to show your card at check-in.

Linda

So, you don't have to be AAA member to make a AAA reservation? You can call and make a AAA reservation even though your not a member and if a better discount comes along you can change and never join AAA?

Wendy:

Yes, but that is only if you call Disney directly. I had tried calling DU and AAA to make ressies, and they were both nice enough to give me quotes, but really needed a AAA member number to "hold" the reservation. When I called Disney directly, they did not even ask for my membership number, and simply noted that I must present my AAA card at check-in to receive the discounted rate.

I still ended up joining AAA, since there are other benefits to membership. For instance, I just replaced the lenses in my eyeglasses and received a 30 percent discount at Lenscrafters with my AAA card. Better than my health insurance! Of course, I ended up getting an AP discount instead for our May stay, so some people would say that I "wasted" $56 to join AAA, but I don't think that way. Besides, we are driving to WDW in May, so the road-side assistance would be an assurance ...

Linda

So, DU won't apply a AAA rate after I have booked? They will apply codes (if I were fortunate enough to get on) after booking, correct?

If you have AAA, tell DU. They will most likely adjust your rate now if there are any AAA discounts left for your time frame. I mean why wouldn't they? Theoretically, you could cancel anyway and re-book with AAA, so I would think they would adjust if you have your AAA # now.

DKx3 said:
I have already booked 11/12-11/19/05 thru Dreams Unlimited to stay at POP for rack rate. Can I use AAA discount thru DU, and is the AAA discount only if they have any rooms left with for that discount for my time. I budgeted for rack rate at POP, but as I'm getting sucked in to the Disney Magic, I am thinking about AKL - if I can get a discount. I do not have AAA now, but if it were very helpful, I might join. Any opinions?

DU will be happy to get you an AAA rate on your existing reservation provided that it is a 'room only' ressie and that there are still AAA rates available for that type of room/resort.

Calling AAA is the only way to book an entire MYW package (with or without dining) and keep the AAA discount on the room portion.

:upsidedow

My TA let me book with a AAA discount for Aug 2005. I don't have an AAA membership yet. We are waiting to see if a AP code comes out for that timeframe. If it does, we'll apply that and not get the AAA membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter