AAA Discounts & MYW Dining

chill

Mouseketeer
We've booked our vacation with Disney direct. If you book with AAA, you will receive the room discount and the MYW dining can be added. Is this true? If, so I need to renew my membership! TIA. :flower:

It is true. That's what we did for our Oct. trip. We saved about $250 on the room cost and we could still get the dining plan. :flower:

Ok, so if you book through AAA, you CAN add the dining plan, but can you take advantage of the "magical express" service?? Also, does AAA always get a discount on all resorts? TIA!

You can also do this.. My DH went to our AAA office and asked if we can make our AAA room only reservation into a package by only adding one days worth of tickets (we are staying a week). This was so we could add dining.

The AAA agent said yes we could do that, the tickets could only be one day and the dining could be all days for our trip.

The AAA agent stated that "we found a loophole". The AAA agent called Disney with my DH present and confirmed yes we can do this.

Cindy B said:
You can also do this.. My DH went to our AAA office and asked if we can make our AAA room only reservation into a package by only adding one days worth of tickets (we are staying a week). This was so we could add dining.

The AAA agent said yes we could do that, the tickets could only be one day and the dining could be all days for our trip.

The AAA agent stated that "we found a loophole". The AAA agent called Disney with my DH present and confirmed yes we can do this.

Thanks for the information,I had problems doing this in the past.
I have booked a dining package with AAA and also have room only ressies at AKL and I wanted to add the dining plan to it by only adding a one day ticket but when I checked Disney website and tried to see if I could do that(before I called my AAA TA) I found the website wouldn't process it without a 2 day ticket and I did have a couple of CM's tell me that was true,I thought they found the loophole,but that was a month or two ago maybe I should try again because they don't specify you ticket has to be a certain length of time for the plan so they should allow you to purchase a one day ticket especially since I am resort hopping,I think I will look it to adding the dining plan again.
Thanks again!!! :)
I just tried to book a dining plan again this am on Disney's website with a 1 day ticket and it won't let me but it ,but it will with a 2 day ticket. I'll have my AAA TA try and get the package for me with 1 day it seems like it depends on the CM you talk to when you call so I hope she gets a good one.

Funny to find this message because I have the same questions this morning. I curently have a room only reservation through AAA with the AAA discount. My AAA TA says I can add dinning with one day only tickets for each person, BUT I lose the AAA room discount. Is this true???? I have been a long time lurker, and I really thought I had read otherwise on these boards. Thanks for any and all help!

3lilprincesses said:
Ok, so if you book through AAA, you CAN add the dining plan, but can you take advantage of the "magical express" service?? Also, does AAA always get a discount on all resorts? TIA!

Our AAA TA said that you can add "magical express" even without book air through them. In fact, she said we would probably get better rates booking our own air.

I am really confused by this thread. Am I missing out on something? I have my reservation on hold and plan to book tomorrow through AAA. Why would you not just book the entire stay, tickets and dining through AAA? Do you have AP or something? Is there a room rate out there better than AAA?

I checked two disney TA, one quoted me over $500 more for the package that I am getting from AAA. The other just said because I want dining that I should go with AAA because their rate will be higher.

Queen Be said:
Funny to find this message because I have the same questions this morning. I curently have a room only reservation through AAA with the AAA discount. My AAA TA says I can add dinning with one day only tickets for each person, BUT I lose the AAA room discount. Is this true???? I have been a long time lurker, and I really thought I had read otherwise on these boards. Thanks for any and all help!

You shouldn't lose your AAA room discount because you add a park ticket and dining plan I currently have AAA package with dining and a 7 day park hopper ticket the only thing that could be a problem is only getting a 1 day park ticket added and still being able to get the dining plan thats what people seem to have different answers to,I don't think you have the most knowledgable AAA TA maybe you should try a different one if possible.
Good Luck!!!! :)

NADINENURSE said:
Do these AAA packages include park non-hopper tickets ? or just room and dinning ? Thanks
Ours is the room and park hopper (including the water parks, Pleasure Island and such )with dining.

Kata said:
Queen Be said:
You shouldn't lose your AAA room discount because you add a park ticket and dining plan I currently have AAA package with dining and a 7 day park hopper ticket the only thing that could be a problem is only getting a 1 day park ticket added and still being able to get the dining plan thats what people seem to have different answers to,I don't think you have the most knowledgable AAA TA maybe you should try a different one if possible.
Good Luck!!!! :)

Thanks so much for the info...just as I thought! And my AAA agent is nice, but I knew I was in trouble when she told me there was no preferred section at CBR - yikes! Sadly, this is a small office and she is their "Disney Expert" LOL

Donna2105 said:
It is true. That's what we did for our Oct. trip. We saved about $250 on the room cost and we could still get the dining plan. :flower:

Me too! I'm also going in October!

Queen Be said:
Kata said:
Thanks so much for the info...just as I thought! And my AAA agent is nice, but I knew I was in trouble when she told me there was no preferred section at CBR - yikes! Sadly, this is a small office and she is their "Disney Expert" LOL
Happy to help,maybe you should go to the AAA website and try and book through there maybe you will have better luck,they might have a real Disney expert help you,unfortunately many AAA TA don't seem to be very knowledgable about WDW packages (my AAA TA said I was so knowledgable about Disney packages that I should be a TA LOL)and unfortunately we need to go to them to get a AAA discount on a package,I wish I had a choice of TA but I will do what I need to get my discount.
Good luck!!! : :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter