ABD and DVC points?

Lorip1006

Earning My Ears
Hi All, am doing some advanced planning/dreaming. Would love to see Italy with Disney and as a DVC member have point though not enough for what I’m planning. Does anyone know if I can use rented points for an ABD? Can I combine points and cash payment for a trip? TIA!!

Not sure about rented points but, like DCL, you can use points for one person's full cost and cash for other(s). You can't split one person's cost with points and cash.

Are you planning on traveling solo? I just wanted to be sure you know that there is a Single Supplement for travelling solo with ABD if you book through ABD. It's an extra 40% over the per person price. However, I don't know how this works if you are booking through DVC. I don't know if they charge you an extra 40% in points or not.

As a DVC owner, you *do* have a benefit in that you pay Opening Day prices if booking through ABD, no matter what the actual price is when you book. You just need to give them your membership number.

Sayhello

I'm not sure about your questions. I would just call and ask DVC. However, you may find that renting your points and paying all cash for ABD may save you money versus renting more points or doing a mix of points and cash.

We used our DVC points to pay for our Iceland adventure. We went through David's and it was a great deal.

Thanks Say Hello, can u tell me a little more about the opening day price? Not sure I understand. Also, will be traveling with adult daughter so single price not an issue for me. Thank you!!

Thanks Say Hello, can u tell me a little more about the opening day price? Not sure I understand. Also, will be traveling with adult daughter so single price not an issue for me. Thank you!!
@Lorip1006 , ABD prices go up as the departures fill up. So, in general, the lowest price for a trip is the price that's announced on Opening day for that season (usually in May of the prior year for the regular land trips, so May of 2020 for the 2021 season). So, say a trip was $4999 per person on Opening day, but by the time you book, the price has gone up to $5699. As a DVC owner, you would still get the trip for $4999 per person. Now that's if you book through ABD. I don't know what the policy is for booking through DVC. I don't believe their cash prices change (ie, if you book one of you with points and the other person with cash).

Sayhello

Hi All, am doing some advanced planning/dreaming. Would love to see Italy with Disney and as a DVC member have point though not enough for what I’m planning. Does anyone know if I can use rented points for an ABD? Can I combine points and cash payment for a trip? TIA!!

As OP have said, definitely call DVC to ensure you understand whether what you want to do will work and what the logistics are. Having just called ABD for information on how to do this for an upcoming trip, here’s the information and options I was given:

1) Book the ABD trip directly with ABD as a cash reservation for both people. A deposit will be due for both people at the time of booking and the final amount is due 120 days before the trip. The reservation can be switched to a DVC reservation at any point before the final payment is due, but the cash and point portions are due in full when the reservations are switched to DVC. You can do points for one person and cash for the other.

2) Book the reservation from the beginning with DVC. The cash total for one person is due in full immediately as are the points.

Keep in mind that both entities have slightly different cancellation policies. Make sure you understand the difference and the implications that has. Good luck with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter