ABD announcement about WDW "Backstage Magic Tour"

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
So I saw this announced on ABD fb page and the Disney blog, and I'm not positive, but it appears to be a one-day tour run by ABD, but booked through WDW. It covers two or three parks, so it sounds like a *FULL* day! It does *not* appear to include DHS.

Sayhello

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...cGHI5YevhIJsISTQ5n8QUWyHO-OCeWekbyxGrIAfG7J9Y

"
Thu, March 14, 2019
New Behind-the-Scenes Experience at Rivers of Light Coming to Backstage Magic Tour
ueyt876987502-32x32.jpg

by Evily Giannopoulos Peros, Public Relations Manager, Adventures by Disney

There is so much to see and do at Walt Disney World Resort, from exhilarating rides and attractions to spectacular shows and parades and more. But have you ever wondered what goes on behind-the-scenes to bring all that magic to life?

During the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic Tour, Disney fans can get an up-close look at the artistry, technology and wizardry behind Disney’s world-famous theme park entertainment. And beginning in June, Adventures by Disney will offer a brand-new experience as part of this tour: behind-the-scenes access at Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s nighttime spectacular, “Rivers of Light“!

This exclusive daytime visit takes guests backstage to visit a hidden marina where the animal and lotus barges are prepared for the evening performance. These Backstage Magic guests will be among the first to see the inner workings — and learn the mechanical and technological secrets — behind this incredible attraction!

Guests will also enjoy a new private lunch at Tiffins Restaurant, featuring a special menu and fascinating insider stories about the creation of the park, starting in June. If you’re a fan of Animal Kingdom, then this is officially a “must-do” for you!

But what is the Backstage Magic Tour?

Expertly led by knowledgeable tour facilitators, this immersive Adventures by Disney experience allows guests to witness first-hand the magic and hard work that goes on behind-the-scenes at the theme parks. Highlights include backstage visits to…

uyrgi3uy7898032-1024x576.jpg

Epcot: Explore the inner workings of The American Adventure attraction as your tour facilitators reveal the feats of engineering and attention to detail behind this inspiring Audio-Animatronics stage show. (I don’t want to give anything away, but the only way to describe the technology here is “WOW!”)

uyrgi3uy7898033-1024x682.jpg

Creative Costuming: Observe the talented professionals who design costumes for character, show and parade performers at Walt Disney World Resort. Spoiler alert: It’s not all needles and thread!

uyrgi3uy7898034-1024x682.jpg

Central Shops: Explore the facility where engineers, mechanics and artisans develop and maintain all of your favorite attractions, including Audio-Animatronics, ride vehicles and elaborate stage sets. Not even the tiniest details go unnoticed here!

uyrgi3uy7898035-1024x576.jpg

Magic Kingdom: Become immersed in the story that started with Walt himself as you navigate the “utilidor” tunnels, a network of underground passageways constructed beneath the theme park so Disney Cast Members can move around undetected – right beneath guests’ feet!

uyrgi3uy7898036.jpg

Textile Services: “Unfold” an experience like no other within one of the world’s largest laundry facilities. Yes – at Disney, even the laundry is pixie-dusted! Don’t miss your opportunity to see this fascinating facility in action, an experience only available during the Backstage Magic Tour through the end of May.

Ready to get your own VIP pass to see the magic backstage? Call 407-939-8687 or contact your travel agent to book! For more adventures follow along Adventures by Disney on Facebook and Instagram."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

From the WDW site:

"
Backstage Magic
backstage-magic-10.jpg

Epcot

Walt Disney World® Resort

Age Interest
Tweens, Teens, Adults

Price
Adult $275.00 More Information - Price is per person and does not include tax. Beginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content
Additional Information - Opens a dialog

Go behind the scenes all across Walt Disney World Resort—and learn what it takes to bring the magic to life during a 7-hour tour.

backstage-magic-crush-top-secret-16x9.jpg

A One-of-a-Kind VIP Experience
Get a seldom-seen glimpse at the wizardry and hard work going on backstage—and see how we bring the magic to life!

Millions are enchanted by the legendary magic of Walt Disney World Resort, but tour participants are among the select few who receive an up-close look into the artistry, technology, mechanical marvels and backstage secrets that go into producing world-class entertainment. Our guides provide a plethora of knowledge, little-known facts and insider insights as they whisk Guests away on an amazing 7-hour journey. Plus, each Guest receives a special commemorative gift!

Some highlights include:

• Epcot
    Explore the inner workings of The American Adventure as we reveal the feats of engineering and artistry behind this inspiring Audio-Animatronics stage show.
  • Magic Kingdom Park
    Become immersed in the story that started with Walt himself on Main Street, U.S.A.—navigate the “utilidor” tunnels, a network of underground passageways constructed beneath the theme park so Disney Cast Members and delivery vehicles can move around undetected.
  • Creative Costuming
    Observe the talented professionals who design costumes for Character, show and parade performers.
  • Central Shops
    Get up close with the artisans whose skill and craftsmanship make dreams come true all around the park—from the tiniest details to elaborate stage sets.
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    Settle in for a delicious family-style barbeque lunch at Whispering Canyon Café—included with your tour.
  • Textile Services
    Unfold an experience like no other within one of the world’s largest laundry facilities—complete with a unique photo opportunity!
Starting June 1, 2019, the Backstage Magic tour will include the following activities at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park in place of lunch at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the visit to Textile Services:

• Tiffins Restaurant
    Celebrate the bold spirit of discovery, enjoying an exclusive lunch—just for Backstage Magic Guests—in a setting reminiscent of a famed explorers club.
  • Behind the Scenes at Rivers of Light
    Go backstage at this nighttime spectacular to see the technology, artistry and magic that bring the river to life in a brilliant symphony of sound, illumination and breathtaking special effects.
Interested in a private Backstage Magic tour for your group? Please call (407) 566-3352. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Show Less

backstage-magic-09.jpg

Know Before You Go
View important information regarding Guest restrictions, recommended attire and cancellation policies.

• Transportation during tour is provided. If anyone in your party will be utilizing a mobility device, such as an ECV or a wheelchair, please call (407) 566-3352 prior to booking to ensure space is available for the device.
  • Bottled water will also be provided during the tour.
  • This tour is delivered in English only. Simultaneous translation is not provided, nor is it allowed.
  • For safety reasons, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (such as sneakers) are required for this experience. No sandals, open-toe or open-heel shoes will be permitted.
  • No cameras, video equipment or cell phones may be used while backstage. However, photography is allowed and encouraged in all non-backstage areas.
  • Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
  • Guests must be at least 12 years of age to participate in this tour.
  • Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian who is registered for the tour.
  • Guests under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian permission to call or book.
  • Please check in next to the blue-and-silver “Epcot Guided Tours” sign posted outside and to the far right of the Main Entrance.
  • Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
  • No-shows will forfeit the entire price of the tour unless canceled at least 48 hours prior to the start of the tour.
"

I saw this being discussed but couldn't find it on the ABD page--thanks for posting. Looks like an interesting tour, and once Tiffins is in there more worth the $275. Oddly the laundry sounds super interesting to me.

I would definitely do this during one of my solo Food and Wine trips. Including the meal at Tiffins makes it a good value.

Awesome! Thank you for posting. I’d totally do this once Tiffins is included. That’s one of my favorite restaurants.

Interesting. I think this tour (other than the new AK offerings) has been offered at WDW for sometime but I don't recall ever seeing it marketed as an AbD tour.

My reaction was pretty similar to most here: with the Tiffins lunch included, this almost seems like a "bargain," at least in ABD terms, lol! I'd definitely consider it.

I really enjoyed the laundry part - I have probably told more people about that part of the tour than anything else! These are welcome additions though - I would do the tour again.

Interesting. I think this tour (other than the new AK offerings) has been offered at WDW for sometime but I don't recall ever seeing it marketed as an AbD tour.

It was definitely ABD when I did it (this past February), though I didn't realize that until after booking. The email confirmations were from ABD WDW Tours.

It was definitely ABD when I did it (this past February), though I didn't realize that until after booking. The email confirmations were from ABD WDW Tours.

Did you get special pins for the tour? I'm sure we'll book this for our next trip, we love seeing something "new" at WDW.

I really enjoyed the laundry part - I have probably told more people about that part of the tour than anything else! These are welcome additions though - I would do the tour again.

We are doing this tour June 13, and they didn't give us a confirmation code - when did you receive an email, was it closer to the time of the tour? We got an email a week or so before our Rhino tour at Animal Kingdom in January, but I thought I'd ask before calling to check.

Do you know if need park tickets for this tour?

We are doing this tour June 13, and they didn't give us a confirmation code - when did you receive an email, was it closer to the time of the tour? We got an email a week or so before our Rhino tour at Animal Kingdom in January, but I thought I'd ask before calling to check.

My tour was February 14, and I got emails on February 7 and 13, and a thank you email on February 14. I did write down the confirmation code when I booked the tour, but I could only add it as a "note" in MDE.

Do you know if need park tickets for this tour?

No, it starts and ends outside of Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!