ABD China 2018 meets thread

Thanks SayHello. Your trip report from last year answered a lot of questions so far. We are thinking of staying at Shanghai Disneyland after the tour. Would it be better to get ABD to book the hotel or would it be cheaper to book it ourselves?

Thanks SayHello. Your trip report from last year answered a lot of questions so far. We are thinking of staying at Shanghai Disneyland after the tour. Would it be better to get ABD to book the hotel or would it be cheaper to book it ourselves?
I really don't know. We didn't stay there, we did an extra day at the Peninsula, and traveled in. In general, ABD post-days are NOT cheaper. Does ABD offer Shanghai Disneyland as a post-day? I didn't think they did.

You can work through ABD to get your airfare done, but they won't/can't book hotels for you that they don't offer as post-days.

Sayhello

I really don't know. We didn't stay there, we did an extra day at the Peninsula, and traveled in. In general, ABD post-days are NOT cheaper. Does ABD offer Shanghai Disneyland as a post-day? I didn't think they did.

You can work through ABD to get your airfare done, but they won't/can't book hotels for you that they don't offer as post-days.

Sayhello

ABD did offer a post stay option at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel for my most recent DIS trip. I stayed 2 post nights under that. Of course in that unique ABD we were already staying at the Shanghai Disneyland resort. So, they may have a standard post night option now.

I find Emirates well priced for First Class.
Just a bit higher than Business last year with BA/AA.

I'm arriving in Kong Kong 6:20am and plan to head straight to Disneyland.
Then I'm departing Shanghai 11pm after an extra day at the park.

I can't believe we are less than one month away! We got our Visas approved and back and can cross that off the "to do" list. On another happy note, we had a change to our Singapore Air flights in a good way. We had booked in their suites class and sometime later they announced a new suites class product coming to their fleet which looked even more amazing than the one we booked. Our connecting flight is now on one of the new planes.

@notaprincess - Emirates suites is also on our bucket list of flights to experience. Enjoy!

@notaprincess - Emirates suites is also on our bucket list of flights to experience. Enjoy!
Thanks, I intend to!
Your plans sound amazing too. I've been on Singapore 4 years ago, only the regular suites then.
Have you seen the QSuites on Qatar? They are Business class priced! I'm thinking of checking those out for Japan 2021...

I find Emirates well priced for First Class.
Just a bit higher than Business last year with BA/AA.

I'm arriving in Kong Kong 6:20am and plan to head straight to Disneyland.
Then I'm departing Shanghai 11pm after an extra day at the park.

Your Emirates flight should be amazing! We just booked our Emirates for our South Africa flight with points. They only offered Business Class. No option for First. But we're still excited to try a new airline and try out the in flight lounge.

We took a similar evening flight out of Shanghai after an extra day in the Park. You'll have a great time.

Your Emirates flight should be amazing! We just booked our Emirates for our South Africa flight with points. They only offered Business Class. No option for First. But we're still excited to try a new airline and try out the in flight lounge.

We took a similar evening flight out of Shanghai after an extra day in the Park. You'll have a great time.

BTW I'm so jealous of you going to SA :worship: with Joe Rohde.
I think that Emirates Business is just like a 'normal' airlines First Class. The Cocktail list sounds soooo good (definitely not getting drunk).
And they partner with Dom Perignon...
I'm so exited, even its still 177 says out.

Thanks, I intend to!
Your plans sound amazing too. I've been on Singapore 4 years ago, only the regular suites then.
Have you seen the QSuites on Qatar? They are Business class priced! I'm thinking of checking those out for Japan 2021...

No I have not. I will definitely check them out. Thank you for the heads up! We plan to book Japan for 2019 and I have not decided exactly which points and miles to use yet.

Wait! What?! You are doing the Joe Rohde trip! Oh so jelly! We tried to see how to make it work but between China, Hawaii and Antarctica there was no way to squeeze it in. Please do a trip report!

Wait! What?! You are doing the Joe Rohde trip! Oh so jelly! We tried to see how to make it work but between China, Hawaii and Antarctica there was no way to squeeze it in. Please do a trip report!

You've got the whole Pacific Rim covered! We really lucked out as far as the Joe Rohde trip. Sounds like demand has been crazy.

We are booked for the May 20, 2018 ABD. I didn't see a thread created so I figured I'd post one for those who have also booked China for 2018.

We are planning on coming into Hong Kong the day before and hopefully hit the park and adding a one day post stay in Shanghai to spend more time at the park. From there, we will head to Tokyo and visit Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. We are calling it our Asia Disney Parks Trifecta trip!

I'm late to the party here....you must be leaving for your trip any minute now. Hope you'll update us with some details and pictures!

We are booked for the Adults Only China trip in September for DH's 50th birthday - we are traveling with another couple. This will be our 2nd time to China but first time to Shanghai, Guilin, and Chengdu. Still too early to apply for our Visas but our flights are booked on, of all things, Finnair business class via Helsinki - it's going to actually take us 2 days to get to HK but we arrive early in the morning on the first day of our Adventure. I'm sure DH will probably want a "sea day" before dinner so maybe I need to book a spa treatment or something. :-)

Have a safe trip!

We are booked for the September adults only trip to China. Just booked flights and we will be going to Tokyo On the front end of this trip. Really excited!! Feeling a little guilty for not taking the kids on this one

So are we! I'm Eve and DH is Seth. We are travelling with our very good friends, Wade and Charlie. This trip is to celebrate Seth's 50th birthday - we have reservations for his "birthday dinner" in Beijing at a restaurant in the Four Seasons the day we have the afternoon and dinner OYO (the 13th I believe). I'm just now getting around to really reading up to glean helpful pearls of wisdom and looking at the itinerary more closely.

I did this trip last summer with @CaliforniaGirl09 and @KarenStevan. It's *FABULOUS*!! Enjoy!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Sayhello

Thank you SO MUCH for your China TR! I just finished reading it and gleaned a lot of great information out of it! If you don't mind a question.....was there any opportunity for laundry service during your trip? I assume the hotels will have laundry service available but I would expect it's very expensive.

I'm late to the party here....you must be leaving for your trip any minute now. Hope you'll update us with some details and pictures!

We are booked for the Adults Only China trip in September for DH's 50th birthday - we are traveling with another couple. This will be our 2nd time to China but first time to Shanghai, Guilin, and Chengdu. Still too early to apply for our Visas but our flights are booked on, of all things, Finnair business class via Helsinki - it's going to actually take us 2 days to get to HK but we arrive early in the morning on the first day of our Adventure. I'm sure DH will probably want a "sea day" before dinner so maybe I need to book a spa treatment or something. :-)

Have a safe trip!

We are on our way now. I started a trip repor here. https://www.disboards.com/threads/china-trip-report-adults-only-may-2018.3683433/#post-59240838

Thank you SO MUCH for your China TR! I just finished reading it and gleaned a lot of great information out of it! If you don't mind a question.....was there any opportunity for laundry service during your trip? I assume the hotels will have laundry service available but I would expect it's very expensive.
You are welcome. After I get past some crazy-town time at work, and some time off, I plan on continuing the report! :) I'm so glad you're finding it useful!

I personally don't do laundry on vacation if I can get away with it. So I can't really address if there's opportunity to do that. But I did get some things laundered at the hotel in Beijing. I don't remember how much it was, but I don't think it was outrageous.

Sayhello

You are welcome. After I get past some crazy-town time at work, and some time off, I plan on continuing the report! :) I'm so glad you're finding it useful!

I personally don't do laundry on vacation if I can get away with it. So I can't really address if there's opportunity to do that. But I did get some things laundered at the hotel in Beijing. I don't remember how much it was, but I don't think it was outrageous.

Sayhello

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!