ABD China changes?

Ok. I was under the impression that ABD's cancel for any reason was a 75% travel voucher, not cash. Which isn't a bad deal I guess, all things considered.

you are correct with insurance through ABD. It is a travel voucher and I believe you have one year to use it.

Such a bummer. I *loved* the China trip, and I'm sure you've put a ton of time into planning. I hate that this is happening to people. I'm really shocked that with basically all US airlines cancelling flights and the US banning foreign nationals from entering and forcing american's into 14-day quarantine if they've travelled in China that there is even a question from ABD's point of view for the Spring trips at minimum. I'm assuming you've been in touch with ABD and they haven't been helpful? I like @sayhello's suggestion of maybe moving to a later date in the summer? If that's not feasible, I guess you have to decide whether you would be comfortable going even if ABD doesn't cancel? It's so hard to project! Hugs on your decision!
I have been looking forward to this trip for for many years. We did South Africa ABD 10 years ago and this trip went on my bucket list when so many on our trip had done China. Little did I know we would be hosting 3 boys from China for 3 years. We planned this trip on their graduation, so we could visit them after our ABD. I have heard it is AMAZING and we are soooo looking forward to it. The families in China are all confined to their homes and telling us things are really bad over there....they are all in different cities. We are going to proceed as planned an pray it all works out! Thanks for you input. Any tips - as I move on with a positive plan - would be appreciated. lol

Our final payment is due TOMORROW for our May 30th ABD China trip ...still trying to figure out what to do. Insurance said "fear of health crisis", cancellation of all flights and Level 4 travel advisory not covered under the insurance. lol I think we may just stay with it and trust Disney to "do the right thing" and cancel if we will not be safe. Or I can pray others cancel, so there are not enough travelers and the trip is cancelled. Anyone else booked on that trip? Any thoughts? Stressed!
I honestly wouldn’t recommend going this year. Period. It’s just not worth it, especially with kids.
But I’m hoping ABD will stay ahead of this and start cancelling trips.

We were just notified by DCL that anyone who has traveled to China will not be allowed to board the ship. We cruise in 3 weeks. At least somebody is "on the ball".
I'm sure DCL doesn't want the press like the liner that currently has 6,000 passengers in Quarantine over 2 passengers having the Virus. Cruise ships already have a high risk of sickness, doesn't stop me from going, but at least they are trying to be proactive and preventing the spread if at all possible. Just have to hope everyone is truthful about where they have been traveling because nobody wants their trips cancelled 3 weeks before they would be going! But I hope your trips goes well, and I agree at least one Division of Disney is being proactive about what this going on!

I've been talking to co-workers who had planned other Asia travel this spring - none of their policies cover cancellation due to the virus.

I'd expect ABD to be cancelling soon, at least for the spring. The number of cases keep going up, a lot, each day.

A TA on an ABD FB group posted that the April 5th China trip has been cancelled. Does anyone know if that's true or not?

A TA on an ABD FB group posted that the April 5th China trip has been cancelled. Does anyone know if that's true or not?
I don't know if anyone here was on the trip, but I would hope the TA would know for sure before posting! Is it a general ABD group or one specific to that itinerary?

I don't know if anyone here was on the trip, but I would hope the TA would know for sure before posting! Is it a general ABD group or one specific to that itinerary?
As of right now the April 5th trip is still showing on the ABD website as available for booking, with a $400 per person discount. I know we were looking at a trip last year and as soon as it was cancelled it was taken down from the website. I would also hope that the TA would know for sure, but the fact it is still showing as available for booking has me wondering if they just haven't told everyone on the tour yet.

Just received an E-mail from DCL that any passenger that had traveled to China within 20 days of docking in the Caribbean will be denied accessing the port and must stay aboard. As days go by it amazes me the land trips to China are not cancelled. People forget the 1919 flu pandemic that killed 50 million people worldwide.

I called ABD today and our trip is still on. They have cancelled the April trip. They said they will monitor the situation and update if any changes/cancellations happen. Does anyone know the minimum number for a trip? There are 10 confirmed on our trip - we are 3 of those 10. Just curious if that was a big enough group. I am sure no one is going to book it now.

US State Department doesn't have any travel advisories in effect for Vietnam, Lao and Cambodia. No reason for these trips to be cancelled.

Now that they cancelled the China trip, are you still going on the Vietnam one or did they give you the option to change it?

I don’t think they intend to change them, currently. We’ve chosen a back up tour to switch to but haven’t made the change yet. Waiting until the absolute last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter