? about AKV safaris

dizfanz

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my do
When you book these safaris who do you call and what is the number if anyone has it. Do you pay at the time of booking or just give a credit card to hold it? Thanks.

At one time both safaris (Sunrise and Sunset) were available only to Concierge guests. I believe they have opened up the Sunrise Safari to other guests now, but am fairly certain the Sunset Safari is still restricted.

They require a credit card at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation. The number to call is 407-938-4755

Actually I think the SunSET one w/ Jiko is the one that opened up to all AK guest - $160 for concierge $210 for other guests was what I had read....

Actually I think the SunSET one w/ Jiko is the one that opened up to all AK guest - $160 for concierge $210 for other guests was what I had read....

I believe you are correct. It isn't even clear to me if the Sunrise Safari is even restricted to AKV/AKL guests anymore, let alone Concierge level. Does anyone know for sure?

Sunrise is only for AKL/AKV club level guests.

There is a third safari that takes place in AK and runs during the day. It is open to club level guests at any WDW resort.

disfanz, as I recall the credit card just held your spot. Emailing is usually the easiest way to contact them. Include your confirmation info so they can make sure you're a club level guest. The last I knew it was aklodge.concierge@disney.
Have fun!

I believe you are correct. It isn't even clear to me if the Sunrise Safari is even restricted to AKV/AKL guests anymore, let alone Concierge level. Does anyone know for sure?

The AKL IPO concierge desk handles the bookings for all three special safaris.

The Wanyama is limited to 14 people and they are required to be AKL/V guests.

The mid-day version (11 am and 1pm) requires at least 1 WDW concierge level guest per party but states that non-concierge guests may be brought along and is also limited to 14 people.

The sunrise safari is limited to AKL Concierge

Should there be no space available at your 180 day booking point remember [the safaris carry a 48 hr cancellation notice or the reserving guest will pay for the no-show (they took my CC when I booked them)] so at 48 hours or more out they may get a cancelation you can never tell.

The AKL IPO concierge desk handles the bookings for all three special safaris.
The Evening Wanyama (sp) is limited to 14 people and AKL concierge usually gets all 14 slots, The mid-day version is limited to any WDW concierge level guest (I think this one is maxed at about 20, and the Sunrise safari is maxed at about 40. AKL Concierge gets 1st call on all of these and if slots are open AKL concierge gets to fill them with AKL non-concerge guests at their discretion.

I think that currently the Evening safari is limited to 14 people so it is the one most often fully subscribed at 180 days if AKL concierge doesn't fill it they open it up to other WDW concierge guests (AKL concierge needs favours from other resorts concierges to get cruises etc so they have to give someting back right) and then as a third tier other AKL guests. The Sunrise safari is the one most often opened to AKL non concierge level guests and anyone staying at AKL should note they would like to go if space is available - people cancel plans sometimes [the safaris carry a 48 hr cancellation notice or the reserving guest will pay for the no-show (they took my CC when I booked them)] so at 48 hours or more out they may get a cancelation you can never tell.

I think this is incorrect, at least according to our experience and information provided to us this past holiday season. We were staying non-concierge at AKL and could have booked (same day even!) for the Evening Safari. We were told that the Sunrise Safari was limited to concierge guests ONLY.

Info direct from AKL concierge back in January:

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is exclusive to concierge guests staying at our resort. It is offered on Thursdays and Sundays. The safari starts at 6:30 A.M. if the park opens at 8 A.M. & it starts at 7:30 A.M. if the park opens at 9 A.M.. You would meet in the concierge lounge at 6:15 A.M. or 6:45 A.M., depending on park hours & will check-in at the concierge desk. The concierge will scan your park admission into the park which is required to participate in this experience. An animal programs cast member will be meeting our guests in the Sunset Overlook to give a run down of the morning's activities. You will then take a private bus, which will go through some of the backstage areas at Disney's Animal Kingdom. You will then walk over to the Kilimanjaro Safari attraction and board the first jeep onto the savanna. You will be able to ask the animal programs cast member questions and there will be frequent stops for you to take pictures. The safari will last from 45 minutes to 1 hour long. Afterwards, you will head over to the Tusker House Schoolroom where there will be a delicious breakfast buffet that awaits you. While you are enjoying your breakfast, there will be cultural representatives from Africa to answer any questions you have about their country or about Disney's Animal Kingdom. Afterwards, you will be issued a FASTPASS to go back on the Kilimanjaro Safari & compare it to your previous safari. You are free to go about your day, at this point. If you would like to go back to the resort, you will take the regular bus back. The cost is $55.00 for adults and $27.50 for children 3 to 9. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. The unpaved roads of Harambe Wildlife Reserve pass through rough and rugged terrain. For your safety you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. If you have special needs (wheelchair or ECV) or dietary needs, please let us know so that we may accommodate you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As of 10/01/06 Wanyama is open to all Animal Kingdom Guest**Mom,Wed,Fri and Sat…Concierge guest $160.00 *** Non Club level guest $210.00 Child 8-9 yr $80.00.

Wanyama Safari is an approximately 1 and a half hour safari experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge where a guest will experience a re-creation of a true African afternoon game drive. An opportunity to spend time with members from the Lodge animal programs team in a very personal environment. Learning about the natural history and management of the animal collection at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Incredible photo opportunities of the animals and architecture of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge that can only be experienced from our savannas . Your safari will conclude with a true African dining experience at JIKO, just like the lodges in Africa where a multi-course meal will await you which may include a wine pairing. You will be greeted in the Kilimanjaro lounge around 4:00 p.m.. Safaris will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Guests must be 8 years of age or older. The price for the experience is $160 per person for guests 10 and up and $80 per person 8 or 9 years old. Tax and gratuity included as well as a small contribution to the Disney Conservation Fund. 48 hour cancellation policy does apply so a credit card is required at time of booking. Wanyama Safari is not guaranteed with a Concierge Room but is an exclusive offering to concierge guests. Admission is limited to 14 Guests and can be reserved 180 days in advance of arrival.

The Wildlife Discover Excursion takes the Kilimanjaro safari experience to the next level. Disney's Animal Kingdom invites you to venture off the beaten path of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve for a unique animal observation and photo excursion. Led by a seasoned Safari Guide and an Animal expert, this adventure takes you off the Safari trail, stopping at special observation and photo areas throughout the 110-acre savannah of the reserve. The tour takes place every day at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.. Guest meet at Mombassa Marketplace 15 minutes prior to the tour. It can accommodate up to 14 guests who must be age 3 and older. Payment is taken at time of booking. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Cost is $45.00 per person. You spend about an hour our on the trail slipping between ride vehicles of the Kilimanjaro Safari and stopping to view and photograph the animals. The vehicle is climate controlled. Guest may stand up in the vehicle (there are hand holds all over the vehicle). It is a great chance to get a different perspective on the Kilimanjaro Safari. You may take non concierge guests with you on this experience.

***All prices are subject to change without notice***

The Sunrise Safari, Wanyama Safari, Wildlife Discovery Excursion are not included in any dining package.

Yes, it is restricted to AKV/AKL concierge level guests.

I just want to thank everyone for the help and info posted in this thread.

We were not able to get a club level room but got a savanna view room and thanks to you guys just got off the phone with AKV and are booked into the sunset safari ! :banana: for our January trip!

I just reread my confirmations for next January and my apologies to anyone I confused.

Glad the evening safari was available and the confirmation clearly states it is open to any AKL guest. The description says the Sunrise is limited to AKL/V concierge level and it meets in the Concierge Lounge so that restriction is likely being enforced.

I will also edit my earlier post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter