? about Emerald Aisle Club

mi2kdz

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever rented from National using the Emerald Aisle and gotten a nicer car than they originally rented. I have read that you have your choice of any vehicle located in the Emerald Aisle lane. This could be a van, SUV, full size etc... but that you are only guaranteed what you reserved. There is nothing about this aspect of the Emerald Aisle Club written at Nationals website. I would love to hear from anyone who has used this service. Pass on your experiences to those of us who are considering renting from National.

I've used EA twice in the past 6 months. In December, there were SUV's and convertibles available in addition to full size. I chose a brand new loaded Toyota Camry (less than 200 miles on it!). In February, they had mostly vans. I chose a Pontiac Grand Prix.

We are Emerald Aisle members and chose a Montero Sport XL during Easter week!

RLM, lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year we lucked out with a cadillac and a brand new (24 miles) chevy blazer.

I always rent from national and have driven away in nothing less than a premium car or SUV. I did, however, wait around for 10 min. because there was nothing I liked (my ds said "mom, we are on vacation, not shopping for a car"!!!!!!!) Nonetheless, within 10 minutes they must have brought back 10+ cars. Just be a little patient if there is nothing you like when you get there.

Hope this helps! Have a great time!;)

I reserved a intermediate car and got a PT Cruiser! Although I didn't like the car in general, it was fun to drive around for a few days.

I'm a satisfied EA customer and have never had to take the intermediate car that I've got reserved. I've had this experience in Orlando, Houston, Denver, Dallas, Portland, etc.

April 28, 5PM, there were ONLY 2 Intermediate cars on the aisle, that was it. Two families were standing around waiting, National said they had no other cars to bring. Because we had booked a full size, they offered us an SUV. We chose the Montero Sport.

We've used the EA four times since we joined last September. We've always gotten an SUV which we love to drive because we sit higher and can see better. We've seen PT cruisers and vans on the aisle but passed them up. National makes it easy.

Reserved a full size EA for Feb. in Tampa.
Ended up taking a Cavalier Convertible.
I was staying at the Marriott in the airport so I had checked early in the morning and there was the Convertible, a minivan, a Camry with sunroof, 2 SUV's and numerous other cars. I ate breakfast and then checked back a couple hours later and the minivan and Camry were gone so I took the convertible. They had restocked the aisle with other cars in the meantime, but nothing I liked better than the convert.

When we were there in Feb. we chose a red Chrysler Sebring convertible with tan leather interior, less than 30 miles on the odo. DH thought he'd died and gone to heaven!

In Dec 2000, reserved a full size & drove off with a nice red 2001 Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipse convertible. 9 days was $148.95 total. LOVE the EA!!! :D

I rented a few weeks ago, there was only 1 intermediate car in the EA (I reserved a full sized) so I was told I could pick any car in the full sized aisle.
National doesn't promote free upgrades to SUV's, premium cars etc. as a benefit. Although many people have gotten upgrades don't set yourself up for disappointment if you don't get one.
The program worked for me as promised, very quick service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter