? about Navigator's Verandah

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
I can't tell looking at the pictures of the Navigator's Verandah if there is a plexiglass window or if it's open. Can someone tell me? I'm beginning to realize how nice it is to have the fresh ocean breeze, but if it's not open - we won't get that! Who has stayed in a Navigator's Verandah - & how did you like it?

Yes it is open. There is no glass. we loved having the navigater veranda since it was slightly enclosed and you could sit and read or have a drink without being wind blown.

I always get a Cat 7 vs a 5 or 6. If its raining or real windy
you can still sit out there

We prefer the Navigator's as well. Instead of two chairs and a table you get a nice padded bench, a padded chair and a table. Also love the fact that they are slightly enclosed so you don't get as much wind. The porthole is completely open and two adults can easily stand looking out of it without feeling crushed.

We loved the Navigator verandah- I am not sure that I would even want a regular one. Of course- a cat 1-3 would be acceptable!
The Navigator is really decorated is very nice with a padded chair and a cushioned window seat with a teak table. On the walls- there are flags and a nautical map. There is also a cup holder and compass. Very cruiseship!!! The only drawback is that they only sleep 3-

Thanks for the responses! We have 2 Navigator's Verandahs for our cruise - sounds like it'll be great!

minniecarousel - a nice added perk for the Navigator Verandas is that your life boat drill is actually inside. Instead of standing out on a hot deck in the sun you'll get to sit down in Animator's Palette.

It is also super easy to run up to the deck 9 buffet.

I love the nav. verandah also and we always book it to save money and still have a verandah. The only drawback for us is in a reg. verandah you can sit and enjoy the sights (i.e. pulling into ports, etc.) . With a nav. verandah you must stand to look out the porthole. But on the flip side the fact that it's partially enclosed has all the above mentioned advantages!! Plus I figure--we can watch everything from the top deck and feel all the excitement from being around everyone. And at the same time have our verandah at a cheaper price.:p

Our first cruise was with a Navigator's Verandah - the only problem we had was that DS couldn't see unless we were holding him up.

Since that time we have elected the verandahs and have been very satisfied since DS can see through the plexiglass easily and it does "open the room" up a whole lot more.

Either way, the verandah's are wonderful - and there is NOTHING like watching a storm on the ocean from the verandah. Truly a magnificent light show!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter