Accuracy of Google Maps times for WDW transit?

bigredbeta

Why am I in this handbasket?
Searched, didn't find anything...

Google Maps give directions throughout WDW that includes the use of WDW busses/monorail. Was curious how accurate these time estimations are in y'all's experience. Having lived in Chicago, the estimates with CTA Busses/El lines were generally pretty reliable as are the estimates with public transit in my current city but I know that WDW transit has a reputation for extended wait times, delays, etc.

Specifically, staying at VGF and have an ADR at Akershus for Princess Breakfast. We'll be driving to Orlando so will have our own car, and could just drive between the two, but thought maybe the monorail trip to Epcot would build excitement in for my 4 year old.

With the monorail in particular, I don't know how accurate travel times will be on Google Maps. They're not so great for the buses.
It's 2 stops from the Grand to the TTC, then you have to transfer to the Epcot line.
You're probably looking at no more than half an hour, probably less, but it all depends on how long you're waiting for each of the two monorails you'll have to take.

The general rule of thumb for any Disney travel from one place to another is one hour. WDW is 40 square miles with lots of traffic. It's is much better to leave as early as possible and not stress about your transfer, but enjoy the monorail and try to make the entire experience as magical as possible. Your trip is resort monorail (security stop), TTC, EPCOT monorail (waits at each), get in line at security at EPCOT and another at the entrance. It's at least a 15 minute brisk walk through crowds and then another line.

I think I'd plan on two hours as crazy as it sounds so you can stop and smell the roses! Enjoy!

I’d recommend allowing a minimum of one hour for transportation. You never know how crowded security will be. Also VGF if the last stop before MK, so it’s often packed. You might have to wait a while to get on a monorail.

Once you are inside EP, you’ll have a 10-15 minute walk to Norway.

We usually leave our room 1.5hrs before we need to be somewhere if we are relying on Disney transportation. We’ve never been late, often early. I’d rather be early than late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts