Activating Gold Pass

eleven24

DVC AKV 2007
Hello all. I've been a DVC member for 6-7 years now, but this is the first time I have purchased an annual pass. How do I go about activating it? Or is it automatically activated, as would be a regular multi-day park admission, the first time I go through the gate? The ticket is showing as being linked to me, and my various magic bands.

The group I'm with this year includes several who have not been to Disney in 5-10 years. I certainly don't want to hold them up at the gate if I can take care of any activation beforehand.

Thanks in advance!

You have to activate it before using it. It isn’t automatic. Go to any guest services with your member card and ID to activate the pass.

You have to take the pass (or confirmation email) with your membership card and photo ID to a guest services location to activate it.

Any ticket booth can active it, you will need ID and your blue DVC ID. Ask for your AP discount card, they don't always remember to give you one.

The activation for NEW Annual Passes is now a TWO step process.

Step 1: Stop at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location at WDW.
Step 2: Enter a park.

Under most conditions, the expiration date will be set during step 2. This means you can activate (step 1) a day or more prior to first use and the expiration date will be set based on the actual first use (step 2) of the pass.

Under the prior activation system, the expiration date was set during step 1.

Last edited:

Thanks to all for the info. I had assumed I needed to activate it, but was hoping I could do so at the resort (we're at SSR this time) prior to arriving at the park as to avoid a delay. For some members of the group we're with, the last thing they'll want to do when virtually standing in the shadow of the castle will be to wait at the window with me.

I suppose this could be described as a first world problem though, haha.

I had assumed I needed to activate it, but was hoping I could do so at the resort (we're at SSR this time) prior to arriving at the park as to avoid a delay.
There is a Guest Relations Location at Disney Springs. Depending on how much time there is between when you arrive at SSR and your first park visit, you could head over there.

There is a Guest Relations Location at Disney Springs. Depending on how much time there is between when you arrive at SSR and your first park visit, you could head over there.

I did see that. There have been the rare occasions where our room is not ready when we arrive, so if that's the case I'll take the water transportation over to Disney Springs. If not, the kids are already packing what they want to bring to the park in their carryon knowing we're already checked in and our luggage will be delivered to the room.

We did ours at the Disney Springs location last time and it saved us time at the park. You can also get the Tables in Wonderland card there if you are considering getting it. Totally worth it if you are making more than one trip on an annual pass.(at least for my family)

The last time we activated one, we tried to do it at the Epcot ticket booth, but for whatever reason, we had to go back to the Boardwalk to get it activated. My recommendation is to talk to guest services when you check in/first get there. After it was activated for the first time, there weren't any problems using it on later trips. Just that first activation.

HEADS UP - if you are holding any day or multi day passes they will actually get used on the computer system when entering the parks prior to your annual pass if you do not tell the guest services person to make the annual pass the primary pass when you activate it. They set the priority and move the pass up to number 1 so any day passes you are holding for future trips are not burned without you knowing. Then the first park you enter starts the clock for your year, up to a certain number of days and then if you have not entered any park it will begin the clock on its own.

And be aware that if you are activiating a DVC discounted AP, you will need, when activating the pass, to show ID's for all adults (18 or over) that are getting an AP, and the ID's of others need to show they have the same address as you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter