acupuncture experience?

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if anyone has used acupuncture, what you were trying to treat, and how successful it was? I knew someone who went to an acupuncturist to get a baby to turn the right way before birth and it was successful.

A friend dragged me with her to try it for neuropathy pain. Did not feel any improvement.
This friend used it for knee pain and had good success but said it is something you need to do ongoing to have relief.

I went when I was trying to get and stay pregnant after three years of infertility and multiple miscarriages. I delivered my healthy child about one year later :) (so three months after starting treatment). It could have been a coincidence (and I did have some other medical treatments to maintain the pregnancy once it was established), but that was the first time I'd even made it that far into a pregnancy years (before I even started the other medical treatments), so it certainly didn't hurt.

I have gotten acupuncture for stress and anxiety. I don't know if it works but I feel fantastic during the session.

I took my VERY anxious dog for arthritis pain. He didn't walk any better, but during the first session, one needle made his face relax in a way I'd never seen in him. And it has continued to help with anxiety, which just might be because he is feeling better. I know I want my face to look like that!

My husband did it to stop smoking and it worked. I told him, if he ever gets the urge to smoke again, to make another appointment.

My dd used it to help her with her pregnancy. She had terrible morning sickness and it worked.

I used it when I was pg. DD was sitting on a nerve and I was in constant pain. I had a session once a week and after the 2nd treatment I felt so much better. Continued on after she was born for back issues and I found it very relaxing and helpful.

I took my VERY anxious dog for arthritis pain. He didn't walk any better, but during the first session, one needle made his face relax in a way I'd never seen in him. And it has continued to help with anxiety, which just might be because he is feeling better. I know I want my face to look like that!
My sister would have someone come to her home to give it to her dog. She did it for quite some time so she must have felt it helped.

After 2-1/2 years of trying to conceive my boss tried acupuncture, hearing from her chiropractor that it could help. She’s now pregnant and 3 weeks away from her due date!

I’ve used it for anxiety and while I haven’t kept up with it, I think it helped while I was going consistently.

I'm wondering if anyone has used acupuncture, what you were trying to treat, and how successful it was? I knew someone who went to an acupuncturist to get a baby to turn the right way before birth and it was successful.
When I was pregnant the midwife in our office as a “free” service ( had to pay nominal fee for needles) did it. I did jt with both pregnancies. The purpose was to shorten and make the beginning stages of labor shorter. Was suppose make the cervix sifter ir open faster. Something like that. All I can say is that I did have easy and IMO fast natural births!

Did 4 sessions last month pregnant. I figured it cant hurt to try. I hate needles bit accupunture is different. Only time i freaked out was when she quickly plopped one on the top of my head. I was scared to move. Lol

I used it to kick a 15 year smoking habit. It worked. Never had an urge to smoke ever again and that was 22 years ago. :thumbsup2

I went when I was dealing with infertility, didn't help that at all but worked wonders on the tension in my neck/shoulders (I would pull a muscle reaching for something because I was so tense all the time).

I took my dog for mobility issues mostly related to his hips. He definitely left each session moving much more freely, and it lasted for a few weeks.

All scientific research on acupuncture’s effectiveness has shown that it doesn’t objectively work, unless you believe it to work - it’s nothing but a placebo effect. I prefer to stick to things that actually work, so no thanks!

All scientific research on acupuncture’s effectiveness has shown that it doesn’t objectively work, unless you believe it to work - it’s nothing but a placebo effect. I prefer to stick to things that actually work, so no thanks!

As bright and intuitive as I may have found my dog, I'm not sure he was able to make the connections necessary for a placebo effect, let alone have it last time and again for several weeks.

As bright and intuitive as I may have found my dog, I'm not sure he was able to make the connections necessary for a placebo effect, let alone have it last time and again for several weeks.

lol!

I found acupuncture worked wonders for my neck injury. I was quite shocked since I lived in agony for about 7 months. I went to physiotherapy the entire time and finally, out of desperation, changed physiotherapists. This man does Chinese acupuncture and it took 6 appointments before I was completely cured.

So what actually works?

My husband had severe sciatica. Docs tried everything. Pills did nothing. He was in constant horrible pain & had to literally crawl to the bathroom. Went to an accupuncturist & it was the only thing that worked. He went 3x/week for three weeks, 2x/week for 2 weeks then 1x/ week for 3 weeks. Defintely recommend it & neither of us ever thought much of such a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter