Add a ticket or buy a ticket?

Elle :)

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are staying at The Hard Rock from 5/02 to 5/04. We have 2 day tickets with 2 days free so 4 days total (but we only plan to go for 3 days).

My mom decided she’d like to go to Universal for one day. Our last day, specifically. I pulled up the price for a one day ticket with the unlimited express pass. That’s about $270 (Yikes). We will have the express pass because of our hotel stay so that’s what she’d like to have too. So, is it possible to add her to our hotel reservation and just get a 1 day ticket for her (with express pass included with room)?

My DH and I are staying at The Hard Rock from 5/02 to 5/04. We have 2 day tickets with 2 days free so 4 days total (but we only plan to go for 3 days).

My mom decided she’d like to go to Universal for one day. Our last day, specifically. I pulled up the price for a one day ticket with the unlimited express pass. That’s about $270 (Yikes). We will have the express pass because of our hotel stay so that’s what she’d like to have too. So, is it possible to add her to our hotel reservation and just get a 1 day ticket for her (with express pass included with room)?

You should be able to IF your room sleeps 3.

Yes it is possible. Just go to the front desk and tell them about her and they will issue a room key for her. In our experience, you will get charged the one extra adult fee for one night ($25). Then you can just hop over to the ticket desk at the hotel and purchase her a ticket.

Thank you guys. I know that Disney has different rules. Like having to buy the same ticket package for everyone in the room. That's not the case at Universal?

Is this something that I can do in advance by calling them?

Just wanted to add that we booked a Deluxe 2 queen room (me, DH, and our 14yr old niece on reservation).

Anyone else want to chime in? I’d love to know if I can do this in advance via the phone or if I have to wait until we get there.

I'm just repeating what damo stated already.

Add your mom to your hotel room.
You will have a surcharge of $25 for the one night.
Just list her for one night of your stay as she said she only wanted one day for the darkside parks.

All on your reservation will recieve the hotel card key and their names will be printed on it.

This is what you use to enter the express lines for the rides and shows.
And, it is unlimited usage for ep on rides and shows.
The hotel perk of free ep is valid for check in day to the hotel and check out day.

By adding her to your room reservation, there will no no added expense for her to buy the ep.
It will be cheaper to go this route.

Call reservations and have her added to your reservation now.
It will all be set up in advance before you check in.

You can buy her the day ticket to the parks now online or wait and buy it when at the hotel.
The attraction desk in the hotel lobby can sell park tickets.
Or you can buy the park ticket at guest services in the park.

Make it easy on yourself and buy the ticket online.
You can go with print at home ticket or pick ticket up when at UO.
(Go with print at home and just make a few extra copies in case it gets wet or torn.)

If she wants to do both parks, buy the park to park one day ticket.
If she only wants to do one park, then go with that.

If you want to ride the hogwarts train from one park to the other, you will need park 2 park tickets.

Thank you for the helpful response. It’s detailed and confidence inducing. :)
I wanted to know if I could add her ahead of time and I’m glad to hear that I can (one less thing to worry about when we get there). I’m a bit of a nervous Nancy so it’s easier for me to read out all the details. Thank you again.

I'm glad to help.
I can remember when I first started staying on site and tried to set everything up in advance.

Adding her now to your reservation will be easy.
Call and give your reservation number so the TM can look up your booking.

Tell them she will only be with you for one night.
This way, it is only a one night charge.

She does not have to stay in the room with you to be added to the reservation.
A person can have 5 listed in their room/reservation

When you check in, the front desk will make the room key cards up with each person's name on one of them.

Do take a drivers license with your picture id
Person holding the reservation needs to have identification when checking in to the hotel.

Hope you have a great time in the parks!

Thank you guys. I know that Disney has different rules. Like having to buy the same ticket package for everyone in the room. That's not the case at Universal?

Fwiw, at Disney you can add people at the front desk. Even when there’s a package involved. Once you check in the package requirements are met and you have more freedom.

Fwiw, at Disney you can add people at the front desk. Even when there’s a package involved. Once you check in the package requirements are met and you have more freedom.

I didn’t realize that. That’s a nice work around. ;)

Personally, I would just wait to add her when I got there, specifically the exact day she is going to be staying. I'm not convinced that reservations will be able to add your mom for one night as easily as the front desk will once you get there. It is a very simple process when you are actually there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter