Add-on Dance

WDWDaisy

Earning My Ears
We are doing the add-on dance, just added 130 at SSR with the AP option. We will let our current AP run out and get new ones when we go down next. This puts us at 300-OKW, 100-BCV & 130-SSR. I don't know if the wife will let me do this again, but that is what she said last time ;) This puts up to xxx.4 for contracts.

As for the rest of you that are in the add-on mode, how many add-ons have you done?

We joined in May.Did our 1st add on in oct. 130 SSR.Will look to do another in a yr or two.;)

Wdwdaisy
I'll do the add on dance with you :thewave: :cheer2: :cheer2: :thewave:

Congrats and Welcome Home....Again

We added on in May with SSR for 130 we also have VWL for 220 so we now have 350 but I'm trying to talk DW into another 150 add on, I'm thinking 500 pt's would be enough. Ya right

WDWDaisy, I'll dance with you!:cool1: We just purchased 130 pt.s also from SSR. We had 200 points at HH (never been though) and now we have a total of 330 points to "play" with. Congrats!

Oct. 2004 SSR
Aug. 2003 BWV
Oct. 2002 All Star Sports/BCV
March 2001 All Star Sports

Did my first add-on this summer just before the price increase, added 140 points at BWV.

Here is the progress on our disease:
Original 220 points BWV. Add-ons at BWV: 150, 100, 150, 150. Waiting on ROFR for 230 at OKW. I know better than to say the disease is now in remission. Prognosis: incurably addicted and loving it!

Jean,

Whoever keeps track of this stuff will have to add you to the "1000 point club" soon!!! Please let me know when you pass!!

Our story is this.....210 pts. in last May (yes...six months ago)...we were SURE we were done, but then we bought 200 pts. at VWL in Sept., and added-on 65 pts. at OKW in Oct.

It seems that whenever we plan a new "trip"...we realize we need more points! Who knows when this will end!! Now, I am convinced I need more points at BWV, but I think I will wait and see what happens with the contemporary (even though my guide said that IF that happens, DVC will be VERY expensive by that time...he alluded that DVC has been told that the Contemporary would be a VERY expensive piece of property to purchase).

What I find VERY interesting is how resales seem to be going up and up!! The price increase went into effect in Aug, MOST properties seem to be passing ROFR with no problem between $71- $73 dollars (I know someone got thru recently for $69 at OKW)....and yet, it is not uncommon to see BCV at $85, BWV at $80, and VWL at $78-80. I don't think it is ROFR driving the prices anymore!! I think all the marketing DVC is doing for SSR is bringing more people into the world of DVC....but, many people are deciding to buy at other resorts than SSR (different strokes for different folks). I have only been "lurking" on these boards since Feb., and the price increase has been significant!! When I bought last March and paid $72 per BWV point (with banked points), I remember getting a few posts that said, "the high price" I was paying was worth it because of the banked points I had, and would make it very easy to get through ROFR. Things have really changed in 6 months!!!

I think my add-on-itis has been spurred by the price increases. I just don't see prices going down anytime soon...but, as DVC becomes more well-known across the nation (membership is growing at an AMAZING rate...right now, I figure 1000 members per month), I think the "sold-out" resorts (esp BCV and VWL because they are the smallest, and VWL...because of the cheap standard views) are going to keep increasing!! It's interesting to me that you can buy SSR with a longer contract AND free AP's cheaper than you can buy an older resort DIRECT from DVC!!! I think this phenomenon has even caught DVC by surprise!! They are in a very enviable position...their previous properties are holding their value VERY well....that will sure make people want to buy!!!

Sorry for hijacking this thread....verbal diahrrea just kind of took over!!!;)

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter