Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

You should order the "glass slipper" white chocolate cake for Morgan. I think it can be ordered to any TS restaurant. We did it for my sister at the GFC in 2017 for her bday and it was a HUGE hit!!!!
This got me thinking... Morgan's not a very girly girl, so the slipper may be lost on her a bit. But I looked up the different gift bags they put together. And now I am wondering, maybe I can find a cute bag on Etsy and then I can fill it with treats, rice krispee treats, carmel corn (since we will be near epcot) popcorn...

EPCOT doesn't sell balloons, huh? It's only the Magic Kingdom?!?! It's funny how you don't think about it and then you realize something like that. A balloon would add to the morning surprise/presentation.

What!!! YEAH!!!!! We will def need to plan to meet up!
Absolutely!!!!!!!!

Double YEAH!! Are you going by yourself? You can hang out with our crazy brood. I have a sneaky feeling Morgan and Gwen will love hanging out with you.
Yep, this will be another solo one for me. I would LOVE to meet your girls... I'll let you know if I book the Halloween party! I've been going back and forth, but I really kinda want to, and also I don't want it to sell out as I'm trying to decide (I don't know how soon that may happen, I probably have a little time?). Can't wait to meet you all!

I think the dessert party sounds like a great idea! Good thing she mentioned it now and not after they've sold out! lol

Would you ever consider California Grill instead of the Yachtsman for Morgan to get a steak? I haven't eaten at the Yachtsman but I feel like CG might have a more relaxed atmosphere and you cant beat the view. Its one of my favorite steaks I've had on property!

I think the dessert party sounds like a great idea! Good thing she mentioned it now and not after they've sold out! lol

Would you ever consider California Grill instead of the Yachtsman for Morgan to get a steak? I haven't eaten at the Yachtsman but I feel like CG might have a more relaxed atmosphere and you cant beat the view. Its one of my favorite steaks I've had on property!
Honestly, I am thinking of ditching Yachtsman and trying for Cape May Cafe instead. I also have a touring plan search to get Beaches and Cream. I think that would actually be the best. I am not sure why I didn't do that in the first place....

We did California Grill on this last trip. I think she was overwhelmed by the menu.

I love the After fireworks dessert party! Good choice Morgan! For me, it’s so much nicer to secure your fireworks spot first then enjoy your food while everyone else is rushing out of the park instead of scarfing down desserts to hurry to a good fireworks spot!

Hi Everyone!

So, I decided to switch up our dinning reservations! Surprise! ;)

I cancelled Yachtsman Steakhouse for Cape May Cafe. I think Morgan will perfer a buffet type meal. I do have a reservation watch out for Beaches and Cream as another option. But I haven't had any hits yet at any time. So, we will see. I also cancelled the Cape May Cafe reservation for her actual birthday. I don't want to do a big buffet and the dessert party. I do still have the Ohana reservation at 3:40. I just can't bring myself to cancel it.

I also got the birthday Squad Shirts! I had to order white, as the kids tanks only came in white or black.
IMG_7027

Morgan has teal biker shorts that she can wear with hers. And Gwen def has pink biker shorts she can wear. I will have to see if I can find maybe teal shorts for me...

Only 37 more days to go!

Yep, this will be another solo one for me. I would LOVE to meet your girls... I'll let you know if I book the Halloween party! I've been going back and forth, but I really kinda want to, and also I don't want it to sell out as I'm trying to decide (I don't know how soon that may happen, I probably have a little time?). Can't wait to meet you all!
I haven't purchased our tickets yet either. I am waiting till after the May trip, I think.

I love the After fireworks dessert party! Good choice Morgan! For me, it’s so much nicer to secure your fireworks spot first then enjoy your food while everyone else is rushing out of the park instead of scarfing down desserts to hurry to a good fireworks spot!
The lack of crowds in the reserved area is key for our family. The rest of my family will not wait with the masses! The desserts are just icing on the cake.

Those shirts are adorable!! How fun!

And your new dining plans sound great! I feel like you'll definitely prefer not having a big buffet at Cape May before the dessert party!

46750955964_0584b5fd32_z.jpg

These are super cute!! Did you order off Etsy?? I got mine in a rose-gold color tshirt....I think I'll be wishing it was a tank top depending on weather! It has mouse ears and says "Best Birthday Ever" :)

Sounds like you've made some good choices with your reservations switch ups! I hope the Disney gods send you a Beaches and Cream reservation. That would be awesome!

Hi! Looks like I'm a little 'late' to this PTR party ;), but I am glad to be here to follow along! It's so exciting to hear about all the trips you have planned! I think we're going to try for a Disneyland trip next, which seemingly requires approximately 2% of the planning required for Disney World...and that feels strange...so it's fun to sort of share in someone else's planning process! My sister and I go to Disney with our cousin Greta, who is right between Morgan and Gwen in age (Greta is 9), so your reports always seem especially relevant.

I wish I could be of some help to you as you plan, but since I don't have as much experience in the parks as your crew, I'm not sure how likely that is. That being said, I saw that you're considering a water park in August, and we went to Typhoon Lagoon last April, so there's that, if you have any questions! (Although I'm guessing Typhoon Lagoon in August and April are pretty different experiences??)

Do you know, that Andy didn't know what ADR stood for?!?! I mean, is he married to me?
This made me laugh out loud! The way you said it is just hilarious. I've had a couple of those moments with my sister - I'm the (over?)Planner in the group, and sometimes I would be astounded at her lack of Disney Parks knowledge. :laughing:

Also I really really like the shirts! They're cute and fun, but not over-the-top, you know?

August Trip Update!

I put a mousedinning alert in for a morning Bon Voyage Breakfast. And one came up late last night and I was able to grab it this morning when I woke up at the ungodly hour of 5:15 to go swim!

So, now on Thursday, we have a 7:40 reservation instead of 10:35. This way, we can grab breakfast and then head into a park. Much better.

These are super cute!! Did you order off Etsy?? I got mine in a rose-gold color tshirt....I think I'll be wishing it was a tank top depending on weather! It has mouse ears and says "Best Birthday Ever" :)
Thanks. I know I was a little worried about doing tanks. It could go either way at that point of year.

Also I really really like the shirts! They're cute and fun, but not over-the-top, you know?
Your description totally describes Morgan, she is not over the top. So perfect!

The shirts are adorable!! And that's great that you were able to switch the Bon Voyage breakfast time. Awesome!

Awesome that you were able to catch the early morning Bon Voyage ADR! It’s nice to get there that early since the restaurant is just opening so everything is running quickly

Oh, I love those birthday squad shirts! So cute!

And Bon Voyage breakfast was so yummy, and fun. Doing it earlier definitely sounds good.

Nice snag on the Bon Voyage breakfast reservation! I'm glad you were able to catch it being up so early. I'm always so bummed when I wake up and realize I missed an alert at like 2 or 3 in the morning! lol Once I went to be at like 10:55 and woke up to find an alert came in at 10:57! lol I was so mad!!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Saturday!

May trip:

So, Disney announced additional Disney After Hours Events. At first I was hoping for a Magic Kingdom one. But then when I looked, they had a Hollywood Studios one, for May 4th. Now, if you aren't a Star Wars Fan, May 4th has become a thing... May the Force be with you.... May 4th be with you... Get it... Anyway, they said there will be additional characters to meet and are inviting guests to come dressed up.

I text'd Andy about it, thinking he would say no. He wasn't completly up for the DAH in MK in Feb. But throw in some Star Wars characters, and he is ALL IN!!! big time. He said he wants to meet all the characters. (This is also from the same person who keeps saying that he can wait to see the new land.... really....)

Anyway... I booked our tickets that night! And I used our Disney Visa Rewards card, that we completly forgot to use in Feb. So, technically we didn't even pay for the event. technically, cause we could have used it for many things. but this did feel like a good way to use the $$$$.

Disney Parks Blog description of the event:
May 4 – Celebrate May the Fourth dressed in your best galactic Star Wars attire* Prepare yourself for Epic Character Encounters including Chewbacca with REY, Darth Vadar, Kylo Ren with CAPTAIN PHASMA, Ewoks, Jawas and imperial stormtroopers. Plus, specialty treats available for purchase.

Gwen is going to be soooooo excited to meet an Ewok. This will probably be top priority for us. I am hoping they have a few robots to meet as well... I know they had them to meet in Disneyland. But we will see.

Now, I have to find us some shirts / outfits! I don't think we will do full on costumes, as I assume it will be warm. I started checking out some fun t-shirts and maybe Star Wars ears... Any suggestions? I went to Her Universe and was actually a little disappointed. I usually love her stuff but meh right now.

So, now May looks like this:
Fly in Thursday:
EPCOT for some Flower & Garden food booths

Friday:

Morgan's Birthday -
Magic Kingdom in the AM, probably come back swim rest for awhile. Then head back for the Dessert Party that night.

Saturday:
Right now I still have all of our fast passes for Hollywood Studios for the morning. I am debating switching them to more Magic Kingdom Fastpasses. What do you think? Do MK for a couple hours, come back swim / relax. And then head to HS after dinner? Or do we keep HS that way, if we really want to focus on meeting characters we can?

It's hard, as they have done some DAH in Hollywood Studios, but none with the extra stuff. So, I am not sure how long the lines will be for characters. I have to assume that most people going this night will be Star Wars fans? right?
Hollywood Studios for DAH.

Sunday:
Animal Kingdom before we fly home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter