Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Other places I want to possibly hit:
Tutto Gusto Wine Bar
Maybe La Cava
Trader Sam's
Don't forget to stop by Amorette's to get a treat for breakfast the next morning!
So, I booked us Animal Kingdom Lodge for the last couple days of our trip! I used the Annual Passholder Discount that Disney just released. It is still SUPER $$$ since it is leading into President's Day weekend. But I figure if it is super crowded, what better resort to want to just hang out at? right? I am super excitied about this! This has been a bucket list item for us for awhile.

So, now I want to load up on the restaurants there!
BOMA breakfast and dinner, Sanaa & Jiko!!! Not sure what I want to do.
Woohoo! You know I love AKL, so it should be an awesome time!

Your Disney Springs Crawl sounds awesome! Definitely sounds like a good idea over fighting the Saturday night F&W crowds!
Thanks! It's also why I have given up on Saturday or Sunday Brunch. I want this trip to be relaxing not go go go. One trip to Disney Springs is probalby enough.

But I agree, I would definitely move HDDR to earlier in the trip!
I def am, I just can't decide which day, I am thinking one of the first full days. Probably Saturday. It won't be as crowded as the next weekend, but still Saturday night will be crowd, might as well just avoid the crowds.

Your Disney Springs crawl sounds amazing!! We definitely don't give enough time to Disney Springs, and a lot of what you mentioned has me thinking we need to change that!!
I am hoping we can just enjoy the whole area. We go more now but go to literally the same 3 places and leave.

I can't remember if you've done Hoop De Doo before. I did it for the first time on our EPIC trip, and it was my birthday. SO much fun!!! You will love it. Also, I got a really delicious drink at Trail's End while we were waiting....which I can't remember what it was right now, but something pink with strawberry LOL Yummmmm, could go for one right now, honestly!!
We went a long time ago. I am not even sure Gwen really remmebers it. Andy loved it when we went. I wanted to go in December but I wasn't sure if the L's would enjoy it and thre just isn't enough time!

Same here! I'm not positive it's replaced the Monkey as my fave but I think it may have. I'll know for sure after I have both again in January :drinking1
Well, maybe I will just have both! :)

I will suggest you try an app or two at Jocks! We love everything we've tried and totally miss it when we have a trip during which we don't eat there. In fact for January Renee asked Jenny and I if we wanted to book a meal somewhere after drinks at Jock's and we both said nope, we rather eat at Jock's!
I def could. They this charcuterie board in a soft pretzel that I really want as well, but that would def fill me out. Hopefully we can space some of the stops out to try a few things!

The AP rates were actually really good this time around and beat the resident rates. Have you stayed at AKL before? Steve isn't a fan but I love it!
We have not! I don't think it will be our favorite. The location has always detered us. But that is kind of why I think this is a good time to try it. I def think we will skip the parks on Satuday of Presidents weekend. Do non park things. So, it will give us time to enjoy the resort itself.

Why does Steve not like it?

Woohoo! You know I love AKL, so it should be an awesome time!
I am a little torn still, I wanted to save it for when I could have my sister and her husband come with us. He is a HUGE animal and zoo person, so I know he will love this resort. I guess we will just have to stay there twice!

Don't forget to stop by Amorette's to get a treat for breakfast the next morning!
Do you know, that I have never been in Amorette's?

A drink and app crawl through DS is a great idea. We got full way quicker than expected though lol.
I am afraid of that for sure!

I totally hear you on eliminating the go go go aspect! lol my favorite trip to date was our June trip when we cancelled a lot of our extra adrs and just chilled at the resort! I swear one day I'm going to do a minimal park trip and just have a chill vacation!

Your October trip is shaping up great. Jason and I did a drink/appetizer crawl there a few years back and we just ended up going inside and eating at the bars vice the take out windows. Cause I don't know if you can get the chicken biscuits at the Homecoming take out window but i know you don't want to miss them!

And since I won't get there before you leave we really liked Wine Bar George. The food was solid and they have some really interesting wine choices. It was a great place to just chill for a while.

Great choice on AKL. It and WL are my favorites with AKL taking the slight edge for kids activities and WL winning because of the lounge and Geyser Point :drinking1

Hello Everyone!!!

I am getting excitied for the trip, but as it gets closer the more I stress about my mom watching the girls. My mom's health is fine, but she has adrenal deficiency and it really wears her out fast. She caught a cold at my sisters wedding that she couldn't shake. And then she flew to Florida last week to visit my grandfather (her dad) and she came back with pnemonia. She is resting up now and should be ok by the time we leave. But she will need to get the girls off to school and take them to practices on Thursday and Saturday. I know she can handle it, I just don't want to make her sick again. Basically I stress! It's what I do!

In other news, I have been focusing on the December trip as a way to NOT over plan the adults only trip! Ha! Oh, and try and plan out some Februrary items.

So, I am trying to patently wait for Halloween to pass by so all of the Christmas stuff will come out in full force. I need to figure out Tinkerbell Gifts. The Disney store has some cute pj's but I am waiting to see what other stuff they have so I can place just one order.

I found an article from Disney Food Blog with a preview of merchandise for Christmas. And I want it all. But mostly this Spirit Jersey!
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 4.17.41 PM

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 4.17.46 PM

And then there are these, that will match my magic band!
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 4.17.11 PM

And Morgan and Gwen will def be getting these, I am sure!
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 4.18.47 PM

I was reviewing the menu at Storybook Dinning and I am looking forward to that! It looks yummy and def something different for us!

I made a few more dinning reservations for February. I booked Jiko for us on Valentine's Day, since we will be at Animal Kingdom. I debated booking for all 4 of us or just me and Andy. But I went with all 4 of us. I also booked us BOMA breakfast on Saturday when we plan to do a resort day. And late Sanaa lunch.

Gwen wanted to eat at Beaches and Cream again. I create an alert for a reservation but all I can get is the 10:30 reservations at this point. And that is just silly.

That is about it for now.

More great plans! Things are really shaping up for many forays into Disney World over the next few months! :)
Thanks. I am excitied about our trip but it still feels so far away.

I totally hear you on eliminating the go go go aspect! lol my favorite trip to date was our June trip when we cancelled a lot of our extra adrs and just chilled at the resort! I swear one day I'm going to do a minimal park trip and just have a chill vacation!
I am trying to focus on the December and Februray trip to stop from over planning!

Looks like a fun plan at Disney Springs. So many great choices. . I agree- totally avoid EPCOT on the weekend during FW
Thanks! And I def think Disney Springs will be our stop on Saturday night!

Your October trip is shaping up great. Jason and I did a drink/appetizer crawl there a few years back and we just ended up going inside and eating at the bars vice the take out windows. Cause I don't know if you can get the chicken biscuits at the Homecoming take out window but i know you don't want to miss them!
Good to know! And now that you mention that, I remember seeing a family once having a drink and the bartender brought out a full dinner to go. And I remember thinking that would be perfect if the girls exhasuted. Take it to go!

And since I won't get there before you leave we really liked Wine Bar George. The food was solid and they have some really interesting wine choices. It was a great place to just chill for a while.
Good to know! Someone Andy worked with also recommended Wine Bar George.

reat choice on AKL. It and WL are my favorites with AKL taking the slight edge for kids activities and WL winning because of the lounge and Geyser Point :drinking1
I am hoping that we will enjoy the resort with some of the kid activities and the pool. Especially as the crowds start to descend on the parks.

Ugh!!! So, I just saw a post about a Black Friday sales for Disney Dooney's at Disney Springs!!! It didn't occur to me that DS is a shopping destination!! Will it be extra busy? What do you guys think?

Dying over all of the Christmas Merch. I can hold back for Halloween, but look out Christmas. I'll be sure to give you my list :P even ordered the most glorious ugly Christmas tree yesterday 🎄🎄🎄

I didn't think of that either! It might be more crowded but hopefully the crowds will be contained to the stores that are having special deals.
I realized we will be in DS on Saturday! Duh! But still Friday and Saturday I fully expect to be busy no matter what.

Dying over all of the Christmas Merch. I can hold back for Halloween, but look out Christmas. I'll be sure to give you my list :P even ordered the most glorious ugly Christmas tree yesterday 🎄🎄🎄
Seriously, if there is something that you want (or Casey wants) let me know!

Hi Everyone!!!!

3 days till Andy and I leave for our adults only trip!!! I watched some youtube videos to refresh my memory on some of the food booths. And I am super excitied.

And it is 40 days till our December trip! I need to figure out some good reveals!

I pretty much know how I want to do the reveal for Morgan and Gwen that we are going. But I need to figure out a good reveal for meeting up with the L's.

I would love to figure out some sort of reveal with balloons or at a character meet or something. I don't know. I have never done a reveal IN the parks. Maybe somehow jump out by the train station... Ideas?!?!? Anyone???

Have a great time!!!

Not sure on the reveal for the Ls, I think any way of finding out will be a shock to them! Just spit balling but maybe a "scavenger hunt" or to do list or something that every time they find something or do something like that they get a hint? Im sure whatever you come up with will be fun!

I would love to figure out some sort of reveal with balloons or at a character meet or something. I don't know. I have never done a reveal IN the parks. Maybe somehow jump out by the train station... Ideas?!?!? Anyone???
This really amazing lady I know named Ariella is really good at these sorts of things. You should ask her :P

Hello Everyone!!!

We are back from our trip. It was great. Much more laid back since we didn't have the girls... And of course I got a head cold 2 days after being home!
Classic travel illness.

I will say one of our highlights of the trip was Polite Pig!
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 10.01.20 AM
We went on Saturday Night and had this along with the Burnt Ends Meatballs. It was all AMAZING!!!! We liked it so much that I am considering cancelling our Homecomin brunch reservation on Saturday and just grabbing lunch at Polite Pig instead.

And let me tell you this week seriously felt like 2 weeks in one! As I was typing this, I seriously had to think for a second wether it had been one or two weeks!

I am now in full on December Planning mode! I have a been trying to figure out what to get for Tinkerbell Gifts!

I have Christmas PJ's from Disney Store sitting in my shopping cart.
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.48.06 AM
I can't decide if I want a pair for me....

I got to see some of the holiday merch while we were there. And I saw this shirt and loved it...
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.58.49 AM

But they don't make it in kids sizes only adult. Which is fine for me and Morgan, But I needed something else for Gwen... So, I found this shirt.
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 8.02.06 AM
Which I think Gwen will like.

But I don't like 2 of us matching and 1 not... So, I tried to find another shirt for me or Morgan...
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.56.40 AM
I kind of like this one for me...

And then I thought we needed some red....
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.52.01 AM
So, I picked this one out for Andy.

So, I think I will def order all of those, I am waiting till Tuesday, as I got a 25% coupon that is good starting then.

BUT I really want the snack leggings too!!! I mean, I seriously want ALL of the holiday stuff!
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 8.08.19 AM
I really want these! But again, they don't make them in kids sizes for some reason?!?!

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 8.08.23 AM
I can get these in kids size for Gwen. Which they are cute...

So, which do I get for Morgan? I can her either... OR I can get her these...
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.52.05 AM

I just don't know!!!!

Andy just text'd me a bunch of Star Wars Christmas Shirts to look at. That is apparently next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter