Adding a member to reservation?

thundrmtn

Disney Withdrawal
My mom just called and asked if she could come along on our Disney trip Spring Break (March 13-20). I just realized that I made our dining reservations a while back and now there is no availability for a party of 5 (or 6). If I call Disney would they gladly add one member to our party??

My mom just called and asked if she could come along on our Disney trip Spring Break (March 13-20). I just realized that I made our dining reservations a while back and now there is no availability for a party of 5 (or 6). If I call Disney would they gladly add one member to our party??

Worth a shot, but the other thing to consider is when you go to sit down (with your res for 4), you can ask them then if they can accomodate the additional guest. I have heard people have luck with that (doesn't always work though).

That's not how it works. To change the party size they have to cancel the old reservation and book a new one, so there has to be a new reservation available for the larger party size. Even the phone agents can't just add a person to an existing reservation.

Don't cancel your old reservations unless you have a new one lined up already. You could always try and show up with an extra person. There is, however, a chance the group will be turned away with an extra person, especially at the ultrapopular restaurants. You should keep trying to find a new reservation for these with the larger party size, especially if you are going from an even number to an odd number.

Yes, i agree with the previous poster, don't cancel the old ADR until you have your time for the new one. This happened on our last trip, my mother came a little earlier than expected, so I was not aware of them cancelling the old ADR and making the new one. So when I called they would cancel the old one and say, oh there isn't another time available for that number of people!:scared1:

It was very annoying, but I soon realised to stop cancelling the old ADR's, I just made new ones where I could, then cancelled the old one at the end of the phone call and if there wasn't a time available then I just kept the old one with one less person. I don't recall ever being turned away from any restaurant that we had an ADR at either.

We've added a person or two on several occasions (even at popular places) and have never been turned away. Perhaps its luck.

We've added a person or two on several occasions (even at popular places) and have never been turned away. Perhaps its luck.

It totally is! Sometimes they can seat you when you show up with more people than your ADR states, sometimes they can't. It really is best to just keep checking back and trying to change your ADRs to the correct number of guests. That way you don't have to worry about it.:)

Our MIL decided to tag along a week before we left. I tried to add her over the phone but no luck. We brought her with us and we were not once turned away on a 10 day trip. We had ADR's for a party of 4 but with her became a 5. I was nervous every time I approached a podium though!

I agree, don't cancel your existing reservation until you have a new one. One time my friends had a reservation for just the two of them at San Angel Inn and were able to add my DH and I along with another couple just by stopping in at the hostess station a couple hours prior to being seated. We were fortunate because there is no guarantee there will be an available reservation to accommodate an extra person or people, at least not for the same time slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter