Adding allergy

LindsayW

Earning My Ears
I made our reservations and didn’t add a food allergy. I thought I could just go back in and do it later (didn’t want to waste time doing it while trying to snag my dining wish list!).
Is there a way to easily add them in without sitting on hold for an hour waiting to speak to a cast member?

There isn’t a way to add allergy info once the reservation is made unless you call to add it. You can tell the CM when you check in for your ADR and they’ll add it there. If it’s not something outside of the Top 8, they don’t need advance notice with the new allergy menu set up.

Not a problem - just mention it when you check in. I have allergies that I can only label as "other" when booking and they have to ask about it in any event. It's convenient when it's already in the system as they ask how many allergy menus (and for whom) when you check in but it's just as easy to mention it then. I also usually don't end up ordering off the allergy menu because it tends to be so seafood heavy (which I'm allergic) to so I don't even necessarily want it.

Not a problem - just mention it when you check in. I have allergies that I can only label as "other" when booking and they have to ask about it in any event. It's convenient when it's already in the system as they ask how many allergy menus (and for whom) when you check in but it's just as easy to mention it then. I also usually don't end up ordering off the allergy menu because it tends to be so seafood heavy (which I'm allergic) to so I don't even necessarily want it.

We had our first experience with the "allergy" menu at the GF Cafe. My son is allergic to shellfish, peanuts, and tree nuts. Was surprised to see shellfish on the allergy menu as I figured that was one of the BIG 8 allergens. The fried chicken was NOT on the allergy menu. He ordered it anyway. I couldn't quite tell what the issue was with it. It may have been fried in peanut oil (which he is okay with). It was all a little strange.

We had our first experience with the "allergy" menu at the GF Cafe.

I usually find more options on the regular menu and just check that they don't contain my allergens. I have to check the contents of breads, salad dressings, and cooking oils so an allergy menu isn't that helpful to me. I get that the allergy menu specifically labels what is safe for certain people to eat and is usually cooked in a separate kitchen or part of the kitchen so that there is no cross-contamination but nearly half of that menu has seafood (not shellfish, just fish which I can't eat). So I take the allergy menu but I look over DH's and often order from that one rather than the allergy menu. BUT, if you order off the regular menu, it usually isn't cooked in the separate kitchen so it is more prone to cross-contamination. That's really the only advantage I can see with the allergy menu.

We had our first experience with the "allergy" menu at the GF Cafe. My son is allergic to shellfish, peanuts, and tree nuts. Was surprised to see shellfish on the allergy menu as I figured that was one of the BIG 8 allergens. The fried chicken was NOT on the allergy menu. He ordered it anyway. I couldn't quite tell what the issue was with it. It may have been fried in peanut oil (which he is okay with). It was all a little strange.

Isn't there some sort of binder you could have looked at for the fried chicken?

Isn't there some sort of binder you could have looked at for the fried chicken?

I have no idea. The waiter's concern was that maybe it was fried in peanut oil but, ultimately, I don't think it was. I'm sure it was off the menu do to "dairy" as it's soaked in buttermilk.

I have no idea. The waiter's concern was that maybe it was fried in peanut oil but, ultimately, I don't think it was. I'm sure it was off the menu do to "dairy" as it's soaked in buttermilk.

The allergy menu shouldn't leave out dairy stuff in the peanut/tree nut section though so I wonder what the issue is. Life would be much easier if chipotle was in each disney park lol

The allergy menu shouldn't leave out dairy stuff in the peanut/tree nut section though so I wonder what the issue is. Life would be much easier if chipotle was in each disney park lol

There wasn't really a "section" it was just a generic allergy menu. My son has peanut/tree nut/shellfish allergies. We were all kind of astounded because I swear there was scallops on that allergy menu. But no chicken.

I added allergies to my reservations prior to going but no one mentioned anything to me, never once was it brought up at all of the places I had reservationsat. I had to bring it up every single time, they were more than accommodating but I wouldn't worry about adding it in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter