Adding an Extra Person to Ressies

gigi729

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Hello Everybody,

We just found out that my mother is going to be coming with us for our trip next month.:) The only problem is that our dining reservations have to be completely rebooked, they cannot just add an extra person to our current ressies.:scared: Even though one of the people in the original ressie is my DD2 who will be in a highchair, not occupying a seat.

We made our ressies at 7am the very first morning that we possibly could and really don't want to lose some of them. We called and were able to succeessfully rebook about 70 percent of them, however we are not sure what to do with the remaining few.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? Have you been able to go to the podium upon checking in and successful get seated with the extra person? I know in some cases this may not be possible, but we keep thinking that with my DD in a highchair we will already be seated at a table for 4, and that is what we need 4 + the highchair. Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated especially if you have been in a similar situation.

Thank you so much!

I had a friend who surprised us by joining us on our trip (right before Christmas!)...and it was impossible to rebook as we found out at the airport that she was coming along (had made her own resort reservations and all), so at each restaurant when they said "party of 6?" We just said "no, party of 7"...we didn't have any problems, waited a few minutes more maybe...but it worked out okay!

I would at least try it. Just be sweet as pie, and tell the host your situation. They might be able to squeeze a highchair up to a table for 4.

I had a friend who surprised us by joining us on our trip (right before Christmas!)...and it was impossible to rebook as we found out at the airport that she was coming along (had made her own resort reservations and all), so at each restaurant when they said "party of 6?" We just said "no, party of 7"...we didn't have any problems, waited a few minutes more maybe...but it worked out okay!

Oh I am so glad to hear that this worked out for you, especially at Christmas time! So there is hope! Approx. how many restaurants were you able to do this at? Thanks for your help!:goodvibes

First your original ressies were for a party of 4 not 3 + highchair. All the restaurants count the highchair as person for assigning a table.

As for adding a person, others have reported that since the tables are in even sizes going from 4 to 5 is harder than going from 5 to 6.

You can try to go up to the podium but you may have to wait like if you were a walk up. It just depends.

We've done this several times and not had a problem. There is no guarantee, but you'll probably be safe. Next time, I'd make the reservations for a couple people extra :-) much easier to go down in number. Thats what we always do if we're unsure.

The best thing to do is to keep trying to change your remaining ADRs to include your extra guest.

If that doesn't work, then you can ask to have your larger party accomodated, and the restaurants will try, but you can't know fo sure it will work. The tables at the Disney restaurants are already so tight they can't just pull up an extra chair. Go early, ask nicely, but have a back up in mind just in case that cannot seat your extra guest.

We had this happen to us once too. Only 2 places were not able to accommodate us at the podium (50's PTC on a Friday night and WCC on a Saturday night). We were going from an even number to an odd number, which is more difficult. Other than those 2 meals at peak weekend times, every place else seated us.

We have shown up for ADR's with an extra person several times and the restaurants have always accommodated us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter