Adding Another Night to Our Reservation

darly2004

Mouseketeer
It turn out that our original flight (red eye) got cancelled, so they put us on an earlier flight instead which will get us to the hotel at about midnight (instead of the original 7 am). So, this means we will need an extra night of hotel. We are staying at VGF lake view, but there is only a room for standard view available. Obviously, we will book that, but will waitlist for lake view so that we don't have to change rooms. If we do get the lake view, would we get a less desirable room since we are arriving so late? Also, if we keep them on separate reservations, would we have to switch out of one room into another later? The only reason I may consider keeping them on separate reservations is that I may consider getting Disney dining plan for the first night and not the rest. Thanks so much for your help!

Have you considered staying at a value resort for that first night? We were in this position last April when we added a day to the beginning of our trip. Since our plane was scheduled to land around midnight, we booked the least expensive value room. It worked perfectly and my family enjoyed our short stay at All Star Sports.

I tried looking to see how much it would cost. We are a family of 5, so the cheapest that popped up would cost close to $400/night. If we use points, it only comes out to $200 worth of dues. We even considered staying at Hyatt MCO that night, but it was a little over $400. DH would prefer not having to move from a different hotel as well

I tried looking to see how much it would cost. We are a family of 5, so the cheapest that popped up would cost close to $400/night. If we use points, it only comes out to $200 worth of dues. We even considered staying at Hyatt MCO that night, but it was a little over $400. DH would prefer not having to move from a different hotel as well

Ah, I get it. We are a family of four, so can squeeze into one room for the night.

If a lake view is available, but you are not happy with the location, you can ask to be moved the next day. Hopefully, they will be able to accommodate you. The best thing to do is to be prepared to have to move. Pack everything you all need for that first night and next day in on bag. This way you don't even have to touch the other bags. You could even leave them with bell service until you get into your 'real' room the next afternoon.

Thanks for the help. We ended up booking that standard view room and waitlisted the lake view. It sounds like we have to combine the reservation if we get the lake view or we would have to check out and then check back in if they are on separate reservations. They said I can always make a room request so that we don't get stuck with the worst room since we are arriving late. I guess we will have to figure out the dining plan situation later. We are okay purchasing for a night, but definitely not worth it for 9 nights!

Thanks for the help. We ended up booking that standard view room and waitlisted the lake view. It sounds like we have to combine the reservation if we get the lake view or we would have to check out and then check back in if they are on separate reservations. They said I can always make a room request so that we don't get stuck with the worst room since we are arriving late. I guess we will have to figure out the dining plan situation later. We are okay purchasing for a night, but definitely not worth it for 9 nights!
If you get your waitlist, you'll have to purchase the dining plan for every night of your trip. If you stay with the standard view, you can get a dining plan for just that night, but the credits will need to be used by midnight the day you check out.

If you get your waitlist, you'll have to purchase the dining plan for every night of your trip. If you stay with the standard view, you can get a dining plan for just that night, but the credits will need to be used by midnight the day you check out.

Yes, that is what they told us as well. That's okay. We won't be getting it if that is the case.

I have had a lot of success with one night waitlists...so don't give up hope! I just had one night at BCV in October for a 2 bedroom come through. This allowed people who are on the reservation to not have to move. We had to book the 1 bedroom at 7 months. Never thought it would come through but it did!!! You didn't mention when your trip is, but if you have time, there is a chance! I know that VGF is small, but you never know! I would also suggest checking the website on a regular basis to see if it shows up. There are times one night will pop up for what you need, even when you have a waitlist for it. Good luck! Now that you can modify a reservation online, you might be able to snag it. Then call and have it linked to your other one!

Another thing to consider is the other airport hotels. They're just a mile or 2 down the road and all have a free shuttle that'll transport you pretty quickly. I have a similar situation coming up and we're booked at the embassy suites for one night. I'll then just use uber/Lyft for a ride to BCV. I could theoretically shuttle back and take DME but it's not that expensive for that one ride and is more than worth it to save a couple of hours.

Have you considered staying at a value resort for that first night? We were in this position last April when we added a day to the beginning of our trip. Since our plane was scheduled to land around midnight, we booked the least expensive value room. It worked perfectly and my family enjoyed our short stay at All Star Sports.

Rather than overpay for a roadside motel I would go the airport hotel route. For less money you get nicer rooms, often with a free breakfast!

But overpaying for "cute theme" has never done much for me!

Rather than overpay for a roadside motel I would go he airport hotel route. For less money you get nicer rooms, often with a free breakfast!

But overpaying for "cute theme" has never done much for me!

I'm glad you found what works best for you, just like I found what worked for my family. When making my decision, I priced out the airport hotel and found it to be more expensive than the All-Star Resort (roadside motel). Even finding a cheaper airport hotel near MCO would have to include cab fare to and from the airport since we planned on taking DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!