Adding dining plan to rack rate room but using AP for tickets

mickey1968

DIS Veteran
For an upcoming trip I have a room booked at rack rate because POR was not offered with the current AP discount. I want to add a dining plan but the online system won't allow it unless I add tickets. Can they add it for me over the phone?

Yes, call and they can add it over the phone. I really wish a passholder package (room and dining plan) could be booked online! How hard can it be? Passholders have to sign in for passholder rates, so why not have a way for passholders to sign in and book a passholder package?

For an upcoming trip I have a room booked at rack rate because POR was not offered with the current AP discount. I want to add a dining plan but the online system won't allow it unless I add tickets. Can they add it for me over the phone?

As the pp said, you have to call for a ticketless package, but it can be done. However, if you already have a RO reservation, it's not as easy as just adding the DDP to that reservation. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (and balance due 30 days prior to arrival). Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

As the pp said, you have to call for a ticketless package, but it can be done. However, if you already have a RO reservation, it's not as easy as just adding the DDP to that reservation. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (and balance due 30 days prior to arrival). Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.
Good point. I always seem to forget about the two different systems. I always do room only because I like the terms better.

I was just looking at AP discounts for Nov. online and the option to add dining was there. Something new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter