Adding guest to CRT ADR

magyargirl

Mouseketeer
I know there are many threads about this. I read a lot of them. I have a party of 5 but my reservation is for 4 for breakfast at 8:05am. I read that sometimes you can show up with an extra guest and they will accommodate you. But I also read CRT is very strict because they are so busy and have fire codes to adhere to.

My question is, has anyone done this at breakfast with success? Since it will be right when they open?

Thanks everyone! :-)

I wouldn't count on it. They have a lot of tables that only seat 4. If they have you at a 4 top, it won't work. If you were going from 5 to 6 your odds would be much better.

Try calling to see if there's anything they can do. And keep watching for a cancellation for a larger party. But your odds aren't great just showing up with extra. This is prepaid so it's rare to have a no show.

I know there are many threads about this. I read a lot of them. I have a party of 5 but my reservation is for 4 for breakfast at 8:05am. I read that sometimes you can show up with an extra guest and they will accommodate you. But I also read CRT is very strict because they are so busy and have fire codes to adhere to.

My question is, has anyone done this at breakfast with success? Since it will be right when they open?

As you've read in other threads, sometimes extra people are accommodated and sometimes they are not. Even if someone else was successful is no guarantee that you'll be as lucky. It will depend on the castmembers and the restaurant's policy on the morning you are dining.

You should keep checking online for a reservation for your entire party. There will be cancellations because it is a fully pre-paid meal and anyone whose plans change will cancel because they will want a refund. You can also subscribe to the cancellation thread for your month at the top of this board. Also, many have had luck with the Touring Plans reservation finder. Showing up with an extra person would be a last resort, but if you do this you will need a Plan B - decide in advance who will not be dining at CRT.

Because you are going from 4 to 5 you will need a larger table - they will not pull up another chair at a 4 top because the aisles need to be kept clear for the princesses and servers. Also, as you said, fire and safety code adherence is extremely important in case of an emergency since CRT is on the second floor.

Another thing to consider - is the park opening at 8:00 or is this a pre-park opening reservation when the park is actually opening at 9 AM? If it is a pre-park opening, there is also the possibility the castmembers will not let more than 4 of you past the rope/entrance to get to CRT if you only have a reservation for 4.

I just got a call back from one of the crt mgrs...very nice gentleman. He reassured me that they will accommodate our party of 4. Since it is at the beginning of the day snd the park doesnt open until 9, he said it will be no trouble. But I cant speak for any other times of the day. I am guessing every circumstance is different. But it will be really nice to be there before the park opens and see everything without the crowds as we walk to crt. So excited!!! 45 days...not that I am counting...yes I am!!

Thank you all for the replies. I am so grateful for this site! I wish I knew of disboards well before my q80 day window! :-)

I just got a call back from one of the crt mgrs...very nice gentleman. He reassured me that they will accommodate our party of 4. Since it is at the beginning of the day snd the park doesnt open until 9, he said it will be no trouble. But I cant speak for any other times of the day. I am guessing every circumstance is different. But it will be really nice to be there before the park opens and see everything without the crowds as we walk to crt. So excited!!! 45 days...not that I am counting...yes I am!!

Thank you all for the replies. I am so grateful for this site! I wish I knew of disboards well before my q80 day window! :-)
I'd be weary of that answer. I don't think the fifth person will be allowed past the rope prior to opening. The fact that it's a pre-park reservation makes it less likely that they'll be able to join you.

I'd be weary of that answer. I don't think the fifth person will be allowed past the rope prior to opening. The fact that it's a pre-park reservation makes it less likely that they'll be able to join you.
I received a call from the restaurant manager. Had it been just a cm I would be worried. But I was reassured. He gave me his name and told me to let the cm know who gave the okay in case tbere would be an issue but said he doesnt see it to be a problem. I can not imagine the same outcome had this been during the day or dinner. But being right when they open, I can see how it would be a little more flexible.

Nope, be prepared to be disappointed. It's a pre pay venue, and seating there is tight.

PLEASE report back on this thread if it does work out for you. Phone CMs have been known to give out notoriously wrong info, not purposefully, but wrong all the same.
Have a great vacation.

I received a call from the restaurant manager. Had it been just a cm I would be worried. But I was reassured. He gave me his name and told me to let the cm know who gave the okay in case tbere would be an issue but said he doesnt see it to be a problem. I can not imagine the same outcome had this been during the day or dinner. But being right when they open, I can see how it would be a little more flexible.
I hope what you were told is right and you have no problem getting in with 5!

But I can't figure out what being right when they open has to do with it. They sell out those tables for every single seating. Unless another party shows up with 4 instead of 5 and can be moved to a smaller table (leaving a larger one for you) I don't like your odds.

Last edited:
I dont kmow if this makes a difference. But yesterday afternoon I called CRT directly and left a message to be called back. I got a call back yesterday evening from a gentleman named José who advised me that it would not be an issue due to it being the first meal of the day...right when they open. He said he is one of the restaurant's managers and told me should I have any issues, to let them know he authorized it. I was thinking of calling my travel agent and seeing what she says about it.

I hope what you were told is right and you have no problem getting in with 5!

But I can't figure out what being right when they open has to do with it. They sell out those tables for every single seating. Unless another party shows up with 4 instead of 5 and can be moved to a smaller table (leaving a larger one for you) I don't like your odds.
Very true, especially since CRT is prepaid, people don't show up with fewer people than they have on their reservation.
I dont kmow if this makes a difference. But yesterday afternoon I called CRT directly and left a message to be called back. I got a call back yesterday evening from a gentleman named José who advised me that it would not be an issue due to it being the first meal of the day...right when they open. He said he is one of the restaurant's managers and told me should I have any issues, to let them know he authorized it. I was thinking of calling my travel agent and seeing what she says about it.
If the fifth person isn't on the reservation, they aren't supposed to let you past the rope. I'm not trying to be negative, but it's unlikely you'll be able to talk your way through even if you have the managers name.

Best thing I can do is keep trying to update and if that doesnt happened, then I dont know. Just a bit frustrating to hear when a manager says its okay but possibly wont be. I dont want to leave it to chance and be charged. We are on the dxdp I dont want to lose a bunch of credits.

I did call back and left a message asking what would happen at the gate with 5 of us on a 4 person reservation. So I will see what they say when they call back.

Honestly, no one knows what will happen, lots of variables, so you just have to be prepared. You do have to get through the rope, you might, you might have to have someone else called in. I would keep trying to another ADR and in case they refuse you, prepare for someone to eat elsewhere.

You said you wanted to bring a 5th person ... he assured you he will accommodate 4?

How did you call the restaurant directly?

Best thing I can do is keep trying to update and if that doesnt happened, then I dont know. Just a bit frustrating to hear when a manager says its okay but possibly wont be. I dont want to leave it to chance and be charged. We are on the dxdp I dont want to lose a bunch of credits.

I did call back and left a message asking what would happen at the gate with 5 of us on a 4 person reservation. So I will see what they say when they call back.

Just curious what number and who you are calling. All phone calls go to call centers. Even in a hotel if you call front desk from your room, it goes to the call center. And call centers are unreliable and sadly make things up. I think that is why folks are warning you.

On site CMs have the last word and the final say - it doesn't matter what someone on the phone etc may have told you. So at any attraction, restaurant, hotel .... CMs there make the final decisions.

Best of luck though!

Sorry that was my typo....the manager said they will accommodate our party of 5 with the res for 4. I have been wondering about admittance at the gate. I am waiting for a call back from someone again from crt.

When I initially called the disney dining number, the cm looked for adding a guest but couldnt. She gave me the number directly to crt. When I called the number, the voice system did say, Cinderella's Royal Table. Went through prompts and I pressed 7 to speak with a 'restaurant leader'. All were busy so I was asked to leave a measage and was told I would receive a call back within 48 to 72 hours. My first message, I received a call that night. I left my second message regarsing the gate last night so I hope they call back today. We shall see.

I did put in for a breakfast res finder thru touringplans.com and maybe that will work out.

What I dont what to have happen is NOT having us all able to get in, AND being charged for the meals for 4 on my dxdp because it is not an ootion for one of us to eat elsewhere. Thst is the concern and question I need to ask when I speak with them again. My dd's 10th bday is that day so getting the day started at crt would be AWESOME.

I am going to check every avenue before I cancel.

Someone mentioned before that how can they accommodate if theybare fully booked every day? I really dont know. All I can think of is that they experience cancellations or no shows all the time?? I bet if I tried for this at a lunch or dinner, I would havs gotten a very polite....NO...SORRY.

But if it does work out and they DO accommodate, I will be sure to follow up and post here.

I wanted to post an update to my situation. After getting feddback from here, I was gettijg worried that even though José gave the okay to bring a 5th person to crt breakfast, I didnt want to leave it to chance. So I called the dining hotline again and spoke with another cm who again lokked and could not update my reservation to 5. So I asked to speak with guest services. And the cm at guest services recommended I keep trying to update guest count. Bit then she said "let me see if .the magic is working today" and tried to add a guest. Lo and behold, she was able to add a guest!!! I asked her several timz...are you sure??? She made my day! So I asked her to see if her magic was still working to see if Ohana was available for breakfast midweek. And there it went again! Yep!! I dont know if she pushed something through, or just great timing with cancellations but I chock it up to Disey magic. Both reservations were impossible for me to get and now I have them.

Wow....I wish I had that magic. We have been trying for 4 months
Try calling guest services. Thats what i did. Hopefully they will have some magic for you as well. Let them know you have been trying for months and really need all of the party to attend the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter