Adding people to current ressie?

twogirlsandthatsit

Mouseketeer
Good News: My Aunt & Uncle have decided to join us for a few days of our trip. They don't have any Grandkids yet and my girls are their surrogate ones. I know we all will have a blast together so I am super excited!

Bad News: Since we already have our ADR's booked I need to add 2 more adults to some of our reservations. Not that many -- only 3. However, when I called yesterday they said they couldn't add them and that they didn't have any openings at different times. The CM said to keep calling back and essentially assured me that we would be able to get them added since we have so much time before we go (Sept 25-Oct 2).

Weird thing though: Just for fun, I went on the online site today and found reservations for each of the three places for our full group but at slightly different times. I booked them just in case, but would prefer the other times b/c they are more ideal for our plans.

Does anyone have any advice? Would I be better off cancelling the new reservations to "make room" for adding people to my current ones? Do you think the CM was right and I will eventually be able to add my Aunt & Uncle to our reservations? Any tips or tricks on when to call or how to make this work?

First I wouldn't want to hold on to two reservations for the same night at similar times for the same restaurant. You don't want a CM to cancel both when they see you are double booked.

You said the times are slightly different, how much time? Just because your ADR says 5:30pm doesn't mean you get to sit at the table at that time. You can show up a bit earlier if the ADR is a little later than you like and possibly get in earlier.

Or you can keep the times you like and just show up at the restaurant and see if they can add 2 more people, this will most likely cause you to wait for a later time anyway as they now have to find a larger table.

We have shown up at some restaurants during Free Dining with a few extra people and we were never turned away. It could happen.

Will they really cancel both or one of our reservations? Can they do that? That seems just wrong. I am not planning on keeping them for long. I just thought since I found them I would take them for now and decide what to do.

I worry about just showing up with 2 more people -- anyone else have any experience with this?

I would not just show up with 2 extra people. Your ADR is for a certain size table. 2 more people would probably mean that you would need a bigger size table. If your current ADR is for 3 people....and you showed up with 1 more...no big deal because 3 people would sit at a table with 4 seats....2 more people would mean you would need a table with 6 chair, kwim?

Keep the new reservations for the correct number of people.

Will they really cancel both or one of our reservations? Can they do that? That seems just wrong. I am not planning on keeping them for long. I just thought since I found them I would take them for now and decide what to do.

I worry about just showing up with 2 more people -- anyone else have any experience with this?

Yes they can and they will. It happened to me on 2 different ressies. We had 2 lunch and 2 dinner things booked at 2 different parks while we waited confirmation on a doctor's appt for my son in Melbourne. (We're flying in from NY for a dr visit too). A day or two later I went in to cancel the ones I didn't need and they were all gone.

If you have 2 reservations on the same day at relatively the same time they will boot both from the system

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter