Adding Points

DMERCANTI

Earning My Ears
My husband and I would like to add 50 pts. Our deed is at Wilderness Lodge. We currently have 210 pts that we split between my brother and his wife. All four of our names are on the deed. We would like to add the 50 pts just for my husband and myself. Has anyone ever done this? Can this be done or does the 50 pts have to go to everyone's name that is on the deed.

Any help would be appreciated!

This is one you may need to ask your DVC guide. It would seem that an add-on would need to be in the same names, but they may be able to allow it with new names on the deed. I'd sure want to be certain before completing the transaction.

Please give us a report!

Good Luck!

Assuming you pay cash I'm guessing you would have to buy the add on jointly then have your brother & sister-in-law quit claim the deed to the add on. Basically it would become a resale of the add-on to yourself.

Why not call Disney and ask?

We had put in calls to our rep and had not rec'd a response. (We just found out he hasn't been in.) This is why I decided to post this question on the board. I called member services after your reply and was directed to another rep. who didn't seem to have the answer we needed. I told him about your suggestion and it seems your exactly right. Without your help, we wouldn't have known what to do. The rep is checking on the quit claim and will let us know how much the admin fees will be to do this. I hope not too much. This is the best board. Thanks for your help! We live in Deptford, New Jersey. What a great neighbor you are!!!!!!

Thanks...

I hope it works out for you. It happens that I own a different timeshare with someone else and that is what we would have to do if either side decided to give up on it.

We own at OKW with my brother, and he just added 60 points at VWL. We all signed the papers for the add-on, and it became part of our joint contract. We just plan to keep track of his VWL points separately. We've always kept track of our jointly owned points, so I don't think this will be a problem.

If you add at a different resort, you should have no problem keeping track of the points separately. The problems comes with points accounting if the points are at the same resort and if there is a death, divorce, etc. Good luck.

Hi Doubletrouble,

We decided to wait and buy points at BC. We will still be following your advice about doing a quit claim. I believe the cost to do this through Disney is about $200.00. I hope we can find a lawyer here who can do this for a lot less. From what I understand of my husbands conversation is that we will have a separate contract for those extra points with just my husband and my name on it. We're going to have to wait until Disney starts selling points at BC before we can start the quit claim process. I'm hoping it won't be too complicated. Have a happy day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter