Adding rooms to a room block

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to add rooms to a room block? We are currently below 25 nights so anything we add and don't book will be out of our pocket. Still a year out for our wedding so people won't commit this far out to booking a disney room. However, if they decided to book a room down the road, is it possible to add rooms to our block?

Yes you can add rooms to your block. I was struggling trying to figure out how many nights to book at each hotel and for which days, so my room block coordinator actually told me to have my guests call her to book and she will add the rooms to my block as needed. You can also drop up to 25 room nights at 60 days before your wedding.

Also, guests can still get your discount at those resorts even if all the blocked nights have been filled, as long as the resort still has availability. So you could block, say, 10 nights at Beach Club but have guests book 40 nights if they want to. The blocked rooms are just a guarantee for popular times when a resort might sell out.

This episode explains everything: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2016/01/20/how-to-set-up-a-room-block/

Do the room block nights need to fall on the actual wedding date?

We are planning on using the pop century discount from our block for a few nights about 6-7 days prior to our wedding but we are then switching to the boardwalk for the bulk of our vacation.

On the spread sheet we need to put in which nights we want to block. Is it an issue that our nights for Pop Century fall before the actual wedding? (IE. We are checking out of Pop before the actual wedding)

Also, can you get the discount on a night that is not blocked?

Do the room block nights need to fall on the actual wedding date?

We are planning on using the pop century discount from our block for a few nights about 6-7 days prior to our wedding but we are then switching to the boardwalk for the bulk of our vacation.

On the spread sheet we need to put in which nights we want to block. Is it an issue that our nights for Pop Century fall before the actual wedding? (IE. We are checking out of Pop before the actual wedding)

Also, can you get the discount on a night that is not blocked?

1. You can get the discount at POP before the wedding. We are staying at the Grand Floridian for two nights before the wedding and we are getting the discounted rate. We are staying at BC for a week after our wedding day and getting the discount then too.
2. You can get the discount on a room night that isn't blocked as long as its at one of your blocked hotels and as long as there is availability as lurkyloo mentioned. For example, one of my guests booked Fri-Mon night at POFQ but I only had Fri-Sun night officially blocked.

2. You can get the discount on a room night that isn't blocked as long as its at one of your blocked hotels and as long as there is availability as lurkyloo mentioned. For example, one of my guests booked Fri-Mon night at POFQ but I only had Fri-Sun night officially blocked.

How did your guest get the rate for the extra day? I have a guest looking to do something similar but my block is one day short of their request. They cannot book it online through our link so how do they book it?

How did your guest get the rate for the extra day? I have a guest looking to do something similar but my block is one day short of their request. They cannot book it online through our link so how do they book it?

They would need to call the group reservations number to book. They won't be able to do it online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!